Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Taisen Bomberman!
[Replies: 16]  [Views: 5406]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 am  Reply with quote + 
A new game Bomberman game was announced today for release this winter!! :star:  :star: 

Taisen Bomberman is a mobile game for ios and Android and is going to feature a 100 level single player mode and a traditional multiplayer battle mode that has cross platform functionality! That's all I know about it so far, but it honestly sounds pretty sweet to me.

Unfortunately though, it's still just another mobile Bomberman game, so it's safe to assume shoddy controls... and there's the small detail of us having no idea if this will even be coming to North America...

But I'm drooling over the art on the website for the game...
:heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

http://www.konami.jp/bomberman/
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Japan-exclusive, but at least they're doing something. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a very updated experience, but again... at least they're still willing to make Bomberman games.

Time to start the betting pool. :cool: 

My bets:

* It's only released in Japan.
* The controls will be wonky (touchscreens just aren't good at handling games with traditional controls and likely never will be).
* The Normal Game will just be bare-bones levels with basic NES-esque enemy types, with a chance of rehashed traps from early games like pipes and warps.

*Note: Betting pool winners will receive nothing but grim satisfaction.

Other than those things, given recent history, it'll probably be decent, at least for people who want Bomberman on their mobile devices. And at least the artwork looks really good. I imagine that the game itself will probably look really, really good too. Bomberman games always do. They don't generally mess up the aesthetics.
legato
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
That artwork is refreshing to see. It's nice to know something is being produced, if just a mobile game. I hate mobile so much. There's so much garbage on there and Bomberman is getting just ruined by being drug through the dirt. The last Bomberman game I played was Bomberman Chains on iOS and while it had a few interesting moments, was just a swap 3, nothing original. It's a hard time for Bomberman fans.
Evi
Bombertrainee

Post#4  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am filled with conflicting emotions.

I'm glad that they're actually doing 'something' with Bomberman, but...
I have this 'strange' feeling it'll just be some "copy&pasted" Bomberman battle game.

Well... It looks good. Still looks like Bomberman!

@Plasma
I'll pass with the betting, the reward would fill me with more than usual disappointment.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
100 level single player mode you say? Hm, this sounds... familiar...
[Collapse Text]
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'll take your bet of nothing! :flame: 

I think the game will get released in America (I'm a hopeless optimist)
I think the game will control very shitty
I think the single player will be somewhere in the middle of bare bones and great. So Like nothing substantial or groundbreaking, but enjoyable nonetheless.

But the controls could still ruin the game totally....

I feel obliged to mention the art again... Idk why, but it feels really great. Like, it's just traditional Bomberman aesthetic, and we only have that one picture, but it looks so good! :heart: 

Red Bomber flying through the air at the top of the picture really seals the deal for me. :happy: 
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
really very happy this makes me, but I wanted to see a otravez console Bomberman, but not complaining, I want to play this game :oops: 
Bombertrainee

Post#8  Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
SailorBomber wrote:
really very happy this makes me, but I wanted to see a otravez console Bomberman, but not complaining, I want to play this game :oops: 

Google Translator's fail? :stun: 

Anyway, I never played mobile bomberman because i really hate any type of phone.

Instead of trying to make a normal Bomberman game, they should make Bomberman Land games on tablet/mobile. I know, Land < Classic, but trying to pass against the wave is worse than going with the wave.
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Awesome! Thanks for recording the footage! :peace: 

Interesting that the bombs generate "indicator" tiles to show where their blasts will reach... I suppose that, backed with the "target" indicator beneath the player's character, it's likely an additional safety measure to counter the difficulty of controlling via a tiny touchscreen device.

Also, nice job roasting those chumps. :cool: 
BagelTheBagel
Bomberbie

Post#12  Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks! Glad you liked the video :happy: 

As expected, the controls are not great; you will definitely have a bad time with them at first. The white bomber at 1:40 looks like he was struggling to move up a tile. Hopefully keyboard (Strangely, Z and Q are mapped to bombs and pause respectively, but there's no way to move) or controller support is added.

It costs 100 coins--easily obtainable from the single player mode--to play a public multiplayer match. For private rooms, you have the choice of having all players pay 50 coins or having just the host pay 100 coins. If you don't have enough coins, you can get them from the single player, pay with gems (Paid currency), or watch a video ad. It could have been a lot worse, honestly. I'm glad I don't actually have to use real money.

There isn't much to the single player. You kill all the enemies, and then you're ranked by how quickly you do it. Dying costs you lives, which are refilled by waiting 30 minutes or spending gems.

Stages for private rooms and characters are unlocked from the single player mode, though I'm having way too much fun playing multiplayer to try to unlock everything. Each character has different item limits (For example, the zombie bomber can hold 7 bombs and 7 fires, but only 5 speeds.)

Once you get past the controls, this game is very fun. It's nice to finally have a new multiplayer Bomberman after so long. I'll probably upload the APK somewhere for those who don't want to use a VPN to get it from the play store.

EDIT: Have an APK.

Last edited by BagelTheBagel on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:36 pm
LuigiBlood
Bomberbie

Post#13  Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
I would like to play it but I don't have an Android 4.4+ device. And every Android emulator I tried either didn't work, or like with Nox, game crashes when I move.
BagelTheBagel
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 am  Reply with quote + 
I've been playing this on AMIDuOS so I could record gameplay. Have you tried that already?
LuigiBlood
Bomberbie

Post#15  Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am  Reply with quote + 
BagelTheBagel wrote:
I've been playing this on AMIDuOS so I could record gameplay. Have you tried that already?

AMIDuOS doesn't boot. Stuck on splash screen.
BagelTheBagel
Bomberbie

Post#16  Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:33 am  Reply with quote + 
EDIT: More online matches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNK9xOF9Fo

LuigiBlood wrote:
AMIDuOS doesn't boot. Stuck on splash screen.

All I can think of is that it'll take a while to boot on its first time. Not sure what the problem could be for you, but it works just fine for me.
BagelTheBagel
Bomberbie

Post#17  Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:18 am  Reply with quote + 
The app has been updated to 1.1.0, some more touch control schemes have been added:

A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHlKz1kghpQ
B https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPjsqnEakg (This seems to be the old control scheme.)
C https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mkh7ml0fU0
D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UROBEBzyZ2s

Other things I've noticed:
-Player movement has been tweaked slightly; feels smoother.
-The ability to broadcast live to Nicovideo (I think.)
-Ads after each match
-Battle tickets are displayed in the multiplayer menus
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2159s
Index - Back to Top