Bomberman Articles (Keshi Catalogue!)
[Replies: 48]  [Views: 14843]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi, everybody! I've got a couple of new articles lined out. The first one is this review of 6 keshi, 5 from the Virtual Boy line and one that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. The article is complete with photos of the figures from different sides, as well as descriptions and stuff. If you're at all interested in Bomberman keshi, or just Bomberman merchandise in general, you should check it out:

Click here for the article

For the uninitiated, keshi are small, rubbery figures that come in gachapon (capsule toy) machines or candy boxes or the like. Many of them are representative of characters and monsters and stuff from various popular anime and video games. Bomberman keshi were around in the mid-90's, and within the past several years, people have been selling them on eBay and similar venues, so they're much more accessible to the rest of the world. It only took, like, two decades...
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice article, very thorough as always. It makes me want to buy a bunch of those Keshi figures but I must deny my inner hoarder, arghhh!! :mad: 

You have a keen eye to notice that difference with Franken Bomber. I guess it was just easier and less likely to break on top of his head, or maybe it was a balance issue. Looking forward to more.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Look! 10 more keshi for you to ogle!

This latest article displays and reviews the 10 keshi from the Battle-Game-themed set from Super Bomberman 3, one of two keshi sets released for the game. It includes the World Bombers and two other mysterious figures. Check the article to find out who they are.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Really obscure Bomberman B-Daman toys!

I cover a set of tiny Super Bomberman B-Daman toys with swappable parts. It took some serious digging to figure out which original B-Daman figures these were representative of. As usual, there are lots of pictures.
legato
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I had no idea there were B-Daman Keshi figures as well. I've never watched B-Daman and am very unfamiliar with it, but those look pretty cool. The way they're a solid color like that reminds me of artificially flavored fruit snacks lol
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm also largely unfamliiar with B-Daman in general, but I'm slowly learning about it. These figures are actually from the Super Bomberman B-Daman line, which is tied into the main franchise; they're not associated with Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden, the anime. I have a couple of actual Bakugaiden B-Daman figures and some other Bakugaiden merchandise, maybe I'll post info on them later.

I never really had an interest in B-Daman, but I guess now that I've explored so much of the "normal" stuff, I'm finding myself still wanting to learn more, and B-Daman was a pretty huge part of the franchise. I didn't buy any of these B-Daman things, they were just gifted to me. That probably also booted me a little in this direction, lol.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#27  Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi! It's been like half a year now, but I've posted another article about Bomberman keshi. This time, it's the villains set from Super Bomberman 2. I hadn't planned on posting these guys yet, since neither of my Brain Bomber figures has his cape attachment, but since it's been a while and I wanted to do something (more on that later) I figured I would just post them. If I ever obtain a complete Brain Bomber, I'll simply update the post - like what I intend to do with Bagura in the SB3 article.

http://www.tandemshock.com/editorial/bomberman-keshi-super-bomberman-2/
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
This Virtual Boy Panic Bomber article on keshi has been updated to include another figure, which I had not realized was a character from the game. The update is on the second page. There is also a GIF from the game, showing the combo that makes him appear.

If anybody can find any more info on this guy - such as, for instance, his name! - it would be greatly appreciated.

Presently, I do not have any leads.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#29  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
The keshi didn't come in packages, right? I thought maybe his name would be on his respective package.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Some of them could be found in sets as well as individually. For example, the SB3 World Bombers set had a boxed version. Others have been found in small clear plastic packets with stickers, like the SB1 sets. These stickers just show a random character, and on the back is information on one of the game's power-up items.

I haven't seen any individual packages that listed names. Generally speaking, when you find keshi, they're loose, and often are even missing attachments (for figures that are supposed to have them).
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#31  Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I realize now that I forgot to link this earlier. I've covered the three generic fantasy-themed Bombermen from either the Super Bomberman line:

http://www.tandemshock.com/editorial/bomberman-keshi-super-bomberman-fantasy/

Also, a super-special update should be coming within a week or two. Ragey has helped me acquire a load of previously unseen keshi.
legato
Bomberman

Post#32  Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Awesome stuff! Who knew Japan had such an extensive line of these? And some of the details are quite impressive, like the Fire Wand's hat!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#33  Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am  Reply with quote + 
By my count, there appear to be about 78 keshi in the main canon line. There are also Super Bomberman B-Daman and Bakugaiden keshi, but... one step at a time. orz

I've recently obtained about 13 new keshi + many duplicates. Many have been previously unseen in the western world afaik, or at least have not been publicly unveiled (special thanks to Ragey for locating them). When they arrive, I will have 18/20 of what is currently the rarest set. An article showing 10 of them should be prepared shortly after they arrive on my doorstep.

Please stay tuned...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#34  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
A new article was posted yesterday. This one is about more strange beta/unused things in Bomberman games that were cut before release. The focus this time is on the Super Famicom and N64 games.

http://www.tandemshock.com/editorial/4-more-bomberman-beta-mysteries/
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#35  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
A new article about keshi. This one covers half of the 20-figure Super Bomberman 5 set. In particular, it's the 8 Fiendish Bombers, Subordinate Bomber, and Terrorin. 48 pictures! (Seriously, I had to edit 48 pictures for this. Please enjoy~)

http://www.tandemshock.com/editorial/bomberman-keshi-super-bomberman-5-part-1/
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#36  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why I can not see the pages? Appears to me (Can not access this site)
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Strange. You're the second person to tell me this recently. I'm going to have to contact my web host and try to figure out what's wrong. It seems like the problem is just with the TandemShock domain, and only for some people.

For clarification, is this the error you're seeing?

Quote:
This site can’t be reached

www.tandemshock.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
legato
Bomberman

Post#38  Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey Plasma. Great stuff here pal! I really like how you're cataloging all these cool figures. I had no idea they even existed!

Those slats on Terrorin's face kinda look like eyebrows but I see evil eyes in them. It gives me this idea that some malevolent force/being is possessing a clock/clock man and doing his evil vicariously through that body. Really creepy idea and now it can't be unseen! :xeyes: 

Also, I'm able to view all pages just fine. I'm not sure what's up with that error, weird stuff.
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#39  Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Strange. You're the second person to tell me this recently. I'm going to have to contact my web host and try to figure out what's wrong. It seems like the problem is just with the TandemShock domain, and only for some people.

For clarification, is this the error you're seeing?

Quote:
This site can’t be reached

www.tandemshock.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Yes, The same problem appears to me about the server DNS
Bomberdude

Post#40  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma, there is no way I can access this site?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1822s
Index - Back to Top