[Replies: 8]  [Views: 3976]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 2  
marsman
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey people, I hope I'm right in this thread with my question:
I'm searching for a bomberman version...or most likely it's not an official one, as I think I would have found it then...
so, I've played this game as a child with some others on a windows laptop in around 2002. We don't have the laptop anymore and I searched for hours but couldn't find it, so you guys are my last hope :/

All I can remember:
-You could play it with up to four players (not online) or at least we played it with 4 players, don't know whether more were possible...
-You could play everyone against everyone or in teams. If there were teams, 2 were the normal guys (can't really remember how they looked, but i think they were astronauts, but not like the original bomberman guys) and the other 2 were ALIENS.
-You could collect diseases, but not all of them were bad, for instance with one you could walk through blocks etc.
-You could set an amount of trophies a player has to reach in order to win
-the menu was mostly black, so no fancy graphics in the background, just the settings for the game

PLEASE PLEASE help my find it, I would be so greatful...

Thank you,
marsman
View user profile Send Private Message
berrybob
Bombertrainee

Post#2  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:40 am  Reply with quote + 
This must be a unique, unofficial Clone bomberman game.

So yeah, there are a few people that played this version, like 15 or so in the entire world. Probably it only works on your old laptop.

Official bomberman games are easier to find. So get accostumated with them.
marsman
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
You know what, I found it!! :D It was programmed by the local television company here in Austria. No wonder I couldn't find it...
In case somebody else is searching for it, I GOT IT :)

Thank you anyways,
marsman
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Can you post a link? Because unless it's a different game you played, it sounds a lot like Bomberman v1.8 (or Blair Witch Bomberman as it's known on dodgy download sites), an old DOS game that later evolved into BomberArena. It's got little red astronauts versus grey aliens, see.

marsman
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it's exactly this version :) As I downloaded it from a said dodgy download site, I won't post a link to them, because it also installed some nasty virus stuff (Klick here and win 1 Mio Dollar etc.). But at least the game was included ^^ If someone wants to have the game, I could upload it to a filehoster...just tell me :P
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I wouldn't mind playing it, but I'm definitely scared of virus' :P
marsman
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, here is the cleaned up version by me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfhvHvAus6XZWlzdTM2X1d4dG8/view?usp=sharing
(klick on the arrow on top bar to download the whole zip file)

I removed all unnecessary files and checked all remaining ones with avast antivirus, they should be ok...
But you probably have inverted colors. That's because of some conflicts with explorer.exe. You can either run an emulator or kill the explorer.exe process, that should work.

Hope everything works, have fun :)
marsman
Feanor
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you so much! I created this account here just to say that, because I have been looking for this game for - no joke- about 7 years. I am so happy to have finally found it again, and be able to relive some great childhood memories! Thank you for making this possible by finding and uploading this for us all!

That being said, I have found one issue, being that the game seems to run verrrry slowly. Even with the speed turned up to max, and trying F7, it runs at a slow pace. I remember playing this way back on Win 95 or 98 the characters would zip around the screen super-speed if I turned the speed all the way up, now it doesn't even hit regular speed. It may have to do with the fact that I am running this in Windows 10 (tried compatibility) but I thought I would check if anyone else has had similar issues or might know why this is happening.

Thanks again!
marsman
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, glad to hear that. :) For me it was quite similar (not 7 years but still long enough :P)

I have to say I couldn't find a menu entry where you can change the speed of the characters. Just the rate at which new blocks are generated and the time after which a bomb explodes. (My menu is in german as I'm from Austria, maybe you mixed something up with the translation?)

I'm running it on a Windows 7 machine and when I start it they walk with moderate speed. But there is an item that makes you faster when you collect it. If I do that they run pretty quickly on the pc, as fast as I remembered back in my days :)

Hope you can solve your problem. If you do, then please update this thread so maybe future users can profit :)

marsman

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that you can control the speed with the "+" and "-" keys (maybe try to change the keyboardlayout to german?)
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1415s
Index - Back to Top