BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Do you have any people to play bomberman together?
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 2160]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Poll Results

Do you have any people to play bomberman together?
Yes
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but a few people to play.
 40%  [ 4 ]
No
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes: 10

berrybob
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't have many people to play bomberman... I must know if there are many people like me.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I voted no, but it begs some explanation.

I've got a SNES and a Hudson multitap with five controllers, and every SNES/SFC Bomberman installment for variety. I've brought it to gatherings before, and people have played it. However, those gatherings no longer occur, and on the rare occasion that I've had a few people together, I'm not likely to bring the system and game(s). There are two basic reasons.

1) Nobody else around here that I know is really that into Bomberman. Some of them have enjoyed playing it a little, but they don't take great interest in it. This leads into...

2) I've been playing this game since I was a kid, and so playing against me isn't fun for the inexperienced. It's difficult to tone down my game in order to provide a more level playing field. Some games have handicaps, but even these can be overcome by tactics and other players' ineptitude. Nobody expresses any interest in playing if I try to just watch, either. This presents a conundrum by which it's difficult to teach people the game when I'm playing, but people won't play unless I am involved.

So, I've played with people sometimes, yeah. But not regularly. And they don't seem all that interested. Thus, a no.

With that being said, there are people on this forum who sometimes like to play Bomberman together online. Anyone reading this who isn't aware of this, maybe try hitting up the chat when people are around to see if someone wants to hook you up with a game. Keep in mind that time discrepencies and schedules and whatnot may make this more difficult than trying to find people to play with in person, though.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I suppose when the urge comes around I've got 2-3 people I can play the games with. Though in recent years it's a pretty uncommon urge.

I'm not really all the great at 2D bomberman games so I don't have an issue like plasm's I'm pretty good at Bomberman 64 since it plays a little differently. (I'm that douchebag that will knock you out and throw you off the stage.) With how much I played it with my relatives in our youth they got pretty decent at it too.

But yeah I've got at least 2 people I could play with IRL. A bunch of comps will fill the ranks for Saturn Bomberman. It's pretty fun even with only 3 humans and 5 comps.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I'm that douchebag that will knock you out and throw you off the stage.

You son of a duck. :flame: 
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's pretty difficult to find people who care about the series as much as I do. :/
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't even care about the series all that much anymore, beyond being a good party game. Just kind of never left after the BMO years.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm the opposite of fireball87 -- I only ever cared about Bomberman's single-player modes. Not that I don't have fun with multiplayer when I play it, because I do (how could anyone not), but gaming has primarily been a solitary activity for me. It's great being able to talk with people about games, but I don't really feel much of an urge to play games with said people. If it happens, it happens, and if doesn't, then it doesn't.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 am  Reply with quote + 
No since I'm the only person in my family who can play video games regularly
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1782s
Index - Back to Top