Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Game Grumps, Steam Rolled Episode - Bomberman Jetters
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1385]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:24 am  Reply with quote + 
It's rare we see anything Bomberman these days and it seems this is as new as it gets.

:xeyes:  Warning! It may have NSFW language and they know very little about Bomberman. :xeyes: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyj7VFbTIA0
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah. I love Game Grumps and I love the fact that they seemed to have appreciated the game more than when Jon was still around. I agree when Jon expressed his confusion in response to the love that Super Bomberman 2 gets from the fans over the other Super Bomberman games though. I like ALL the other Super Bomberman games better than 2.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
It's rare we see anything Bomberman these days and it seems this is as new as it gets.

:xeyes:  Warning! It may have NSFW language and they know very little about Bomberman. :xeyes: 

That sounds... actually terrible. Playing Bomberman Jetters somewhat recently, I came to realize that that game is pretty bad. Last thing Bomberman needs is a poor game to represent it over a large crowd. Especially if the hosts know actually very little about the game or franchise.

Not to say that I've seen the video or intend on watching it, to be honest. I've seen a few Game Grumps videos before but I honestly didn't like them that much.

Someone64 wrote:
Ah. I love Game Grumps and I love the fact that they seemed to have appreciated the game more than when Jon was still around. I agree when Jon expressed his confusion in response to the love that Super Bomberman 2 gets from the fans over the other Super Bomberman games though. I like ALL the other Super Bomberman games better than 2.

I think with Super Bomberman 2, it has some kind of atmospheric touch to it with the level design. The terrain does stand out more in my mind compared to other games. The double bosses and just having a Bomber boss in general is probably another thing that could do it.

Though I agree, I like a lot of the other Super Bomberman games more. Not the original that much though, mostly Super Bomberman 3 - 5, specifically the latter two for various reasons.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pretty sure that the reason why Super Bomberman 2 is an old favorite is because we only had two choices during the SNES era - Super Bomberman, or Super Bomberman 2. And Super Bomberman 2 is generally superior to the former, in my opinion - more interesting battle stages, character/bomb colors, a more involved Normal Game (fresh enemies, traps, etc.), boss characters (like DF said), and so on and so forth.

After SB2, Europe got Super Bomberman 3, and nobody else got anything more from the series. So a lot of people missed out on SB3-5 - the ones where things got *really* interesting - until the spread of emulation.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1232s
Index - Back to Top