[Replies: 21]  [Views: 5620]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 am  Reply with quote + 
So out of curiosity, I was looking up the game (US Version) on ebay to see how much they sold for, and I was completely astonished! To say the least:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.XBomberman+64+The+Second+Attack&_nkw=Bomberman+64+The+Second+Attack&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Does anyone think these prices are outrageous? Or just about right? I for one never thought my old cartridge could be worth a double digit net worth of 50+ or more dollars.

Opinions?

EDIT:
And what the crap is this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-64-The-Second-Attack-/390552252016?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5aeeba6e70

Last edited by MATTHEWGU4 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:00 pm
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#2  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
So out of curiosity, I was looking up the game (US Version) on ebay to see how much they sold for, and I was completely astonished! To say the least:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-64-The-Second-Attack-/390552252016?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5aeeba6e70

Does anyone think these prices are outrageous? Or just about right? I for one never thought my old cartridge could be worth a double digit net worth of 50+ or more dollars.

Opinions?

EDIT:
And what the crap is this?

Yeah it is way to much for a video game for the N64.....
What is with that Ebay picture where is the Bomber man second attack N64 picture?
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Uhhh... That looks like one of those stupid books that just contains material that some "business" haphazardly stole and compiled from online Wikis. Information which was lovingly researched by people like me, who intended for it to be available for free.

I can only hope that people aren't ignorant enough to fall for this scam.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Uhhh... That looks like one of those stupid books that just contains material that some "business" haphazardly stole and compiled from online Wikis. Information which was lovingly researched by people like me, who intended for it to be available for free.

I can only hope that people aren't ignorant enough to fall for this scam.

Or unobservant enough. The "High Quality Content by Wikipedia Articles" is like a dead give away.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Both links that you posted were the same MATTHEWGU4, and what you linked to is likely just a compilation of Wikipedia articles as it says in the description for it. I've seen similar things for sale before online, as plasm said it's just a scam.

As for the price of the actual game, it's a simple case of supply and demand. If people are willing to pay it and there's only so much to go around, then it will sell for a higher price. The price can also be a result of people who would rather keep it than sell it for less.

It's common for older games to start costing more as they become more rare as a result of limited supply, so I wouldn't consider it a bad price if you want the game.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Both links that you posted were the same MATTHEWGU4.

How embarrassing! I've changed the links.

Then I suppose TSA is more rare than I thought.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:11 am  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
Razon wrote:
Both links that you posted were the same MATTHEWGU4.

How embarrassing! I've changed the links.

Then I suppose TSA is more rare than I thought.

Lol, $40 deal for all 3 N64 games and then $60-80 ones for TSA alone.

Also I will say that some people will raise a price unreasonably high because they know they can sucker in someone to get it. I think that's noticeably to significantly different from mere supply and demand because while there may be a demand for the product in question, it isn't nearly as high as the seller sets his price tag. But someone will still likely fall for it, unfortunately.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Some of those seem unreasonably high, especially as they don't even include the box or manual. My copy included both the box and manual (albeit in rather damaged states), and I'm quite sure that I didn't pay this much for them. That was perhaps a few years ago, but still... Is TSA really that rare, and in such high demand?

I pretty much refuse to buy a used game that doesn't include its box and manual unless it's priced much lower than this (and as for Bomberman games, I won't buy them at all unless they include both).
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Lol, $40 deal for all 3 N64 games and then $60-80 ones for TSA alone.

I noticed that too, but there's still a few days left on it. The other 3 N64 Bomberman game auctions finished at around $70-80, and Bomberman 64 and Hero are only selling for around $10 each, so I didn't consider it worth mentioning.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:40 am  Reply with quote + 
I have difficulty rating TSA's worth. It's a good game, yes, but there is some stuff in the gameplay that does bother me. I suppose two of its really valuable or unique assets would be its story and then the fact that its a 3D Bomberman game following the 2D style more closely.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
It's an excellent installment, don't get me wrong. One of the best, in my opinion. But $195 for just the cartridge? That's kinda bullshit. And even $60 seems kind of steep for just the cartridge. I'm pretty sure that I saw a fully intact copy of Saturn Bomberman for around $60 in a store once. But, eh.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:59 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Some of those seem unreasonably high, especially as they don't even include the box or manual.

I agree. As a collector, and an avid fan of TSA, I believe 60+ is too much without a box and manual. I would LOVE the box and manual to feel more complete with it. I was lucky enough to buy this cartridge from a video rental store that was closing.

Also luckily, I got the japanese version with box and manual in good condition as well.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:03 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
It's an excellent installment, don't get me wrong. One of the best, in my opinion. But $195 for just the cartridge? That's kinda bullshit. And even $60 seems kind of steep for just the cartridge. I'm pretty sure that I saw a fully intact copy of Saturn Bomberman for around $60 in a store once. But, eh.

$200!? I didn't look that far down and didn't see it. Holy crap that is ridiculous. And that's what I was talking about actually. That's more expensive than when I went on amazon searching for Dungeon Keeper. I found one brand new for $120. New. And it was the Gold edition so it came with an expansion. Not to mention that game was released back in 1997 so its even older.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Indeed some of the auction listings are overpriced, but a lot are selling at the $50-60 range.

If you look in the list of completed auctions, there was an excellent condition copy with box and manual that sold for $200.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-64-the-second-attack-for-nintendo-64-Perfect-Collectors-Alert-RARE-/161029409378

And a sealed copy that sold for $600..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-64-Second-Attack-BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-Nintendo-mario-pokemon-nes-/151061841347
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Wish I had that kinda money... Lolz
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#16  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 am  Reply with quote + 
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:28 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:

I think what's insane is that there are people willing to pay that much.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 am  Reply with quote + 
While we're on the topic of buying "rare" games for high prices.

Can anyone recommend a nice display case where I can proudly show off my collectibles?

I'm quite guilty of having bought games like Chrono Trigger SNES for 99$ :v
BBZ
Bombertrainee

Post#19  Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I say it's a waste of money to buy old games when you got emulators that run them even better and with a save state system and sure some games are harder than other to get to work.

Eh I had a really good come-back at first but then I forgot about it when I was writing in this Signature box of mine and this is how you waste someones time, By making them read your Signature.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
N64 emulation isn't even close to doing an acceptable job of recreating the N64 experience, let alone being "better". It's just recently got there with SNES, and it still probably isn't perfect (also good SNES emulation takes some decently beefy computing power).
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1709s
Index - Back to Top