Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Mega Man 8 For PS1
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 2465]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Who out there still loves Mega Man 8 For there Sony PS1...
This is one of my favorite Capcom games for the PS1.
Capcom library on the PS1 was way past cool.... :happy: 
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I own a copy of Mega Man 8 on PS1. It was a pretty good game. I finished it at least twice maybe 3 times.

The in game videos were kinda neat, though the voice acting was terrible. ha ha!

Other then that though a pretty solid standard Mega Man game. You've got some wacky bosses. Good catchy tunes. The usual stuff you'd expect as a fan of the series..
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:14 am  Reply with quote + 
But where is Dr Wily?
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
But where is Dr Wily?

DR.Willy is the Beginning of the game when you first play Mega Man 8 :cool: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutPJwN-IhE

Regulus 777 wrote:
I own a copy of Mega Man 8 on PS1. It was a pretty good game. I finished it at least twice maybe 3 times.

The in game videos were kinda neat, though the voice acting was terrible. ha ha!

Other then that though a pretty solid standard Mega Man game. You've got some wacky bosses. Good catchy tunes. The usual stuff you'd expect as a fan of the series..

That's true the voice acting is terrible
Mega Man 8 makes me feel like if i never play Mega Man before....:veryhappy: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
(I was quoting the start of my favorite quote from the voice acting, it's followed by "That's a good question. We may be able to locate another energy emission from the radar room. When we find that meteor, we will find Dr. Wily.")
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
(I was quoting the start of my favorite quote from the voice acting, it's followed by "That's a good question. We may be able to locate another energy emission from the radar room. When we find that meteor, we will find Dr. Wily.")

Sorry about that man....
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Never played it on the PS1, but I've played it through Mega Man Anniversary Collection (on GameCube, which I still have this day).

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#8  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
Never played it on the PS1, but I've played it through Mega Man Anniversary Collection (on GameCube, which I still have this day).

I love Mega Man Anniversary. I have that game for the Nintendo Game Cube.
MegaTuga
Bombertrainee

Post#9  Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:

You quoted that wrong. It's supposed to be like this:
"That's a gud queshtion. We may be aube to wocate another ewengy emishion from the wadar woom. When we find that metewor, we wil find docta Wawhee" :laugh: 

Ah yes. Megaman 8. Probably one of my favorite of the classic series.
I just love the modernized look and the design of the bosses. Sword is my favorite, I love how he is able to split his body apart like that and operate both lower and higher halves by mere thought.

Also the music... oh wow. Not that the music in previous games wasn't bad (Megaman 7 music was.. horrid) but you cannot compare the 8-bit mixture to that sound quality. Every stage has such a nice theme and flow that sometimes looks more like background sounds.

The only downside to MM8 is the fact that the bolts are limited so you need to be careful when buying things (which in turn offers quite a variety of combinations of items) and the lack of mechanics from past games such as Rush utilities or E tanks. Sure Mega Ball can replace Rush coil and e-tanks are easily replaced by Rush medic and Rush Question if you are lucky. But since they can only be used once per stage.... yeah.

Spoiler:
Also how you dare saying that it's the best Capcom library game for the PS1 without even mentioning Megaman Legends. I am disappoint son.... nah just kidding. :hilarious: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1390s
Index - Back to Top