[Replies: 7]  [Views: 2350]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
This game is a lot of fun....
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is Great!!!!

I hope for a Super Mario Galaxy 3 for the Wii U soon....

By the way here's some game play i upload it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XFXP4A3LA

Enjoy!!!! :veryhappy:  :veryhappy:  :veryhappy: 
View user profile Send Private Message
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Instead of Super Mario Galaxy 3, we'll be getting Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U. Can't help but feel disappointed by what they have shown so far.
Bombertrainee

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
Instead of Super Mario Galaxy 3, we'll be getting Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U. Can't help but feel disappointed by what they have shown so far.

That game does not look bad.... :veryhappy: 
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't see the general problem. I mean, sure, it has a time limit on the levels unlike the earlier 3D Mario games, but I don't see it as much as a problem since in the Galaxy duo we had linear based levels anyways, instead of the exploration based ones in 64 and Sunshine. Well sure, I would've liked to see what they could've done with a 3rd Galaxy game, but personally I like what we have present so far with 3D World.

It reminds of the good ole 2D Games, when it was focused more on 100 Coins = 1up, Scores, Lives, Time Limits, and also most importantly, the recent addition of 4 Player Co-Op with the ability to play as Luigi, Peach, and Toad. Though, that brings the question. Because Peach is playable, what will the excuse plot for this game be? I know for sure Bowser is probably involved no duh, but without Peach in his grasp, what's the plot gonna be? Maybe it has to do with that new Cat Suit power up for all I know.

It always brings me joy to see Mario still thriving to this day. It shows that Platformers aren't as dead as everyone believes them to be, as each Mario mainseries games sells millions of copies, and each one overall have gotten good reviews. The only one I really hate is Super Mario Bros. 2, aka Super Mario USA. It felt so drastically different from the others, and the fact Bowser wasn't the main antagonist and some Frog who never appeared again was instead didn't help either.

Personal favorites for the franchise for me are:

-Super Mario Bros. The one that started it all. Kind of difficult to this day, but still the same ole gold that saved the gaming industry back in 1985.
-Any New Super Mario Bros. Take everything I love about either Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, or Super Mario World, and make it more easier to play through using modern technology and you now know why I like this series of mainseries. Ever since the first, it felt like these got better with each installment.
-Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Take the 3D gameplay we've had up to this point, ditch the annoying F.L.U.D.D. gimmick, and add the power-ups from past games, and you've understood why I like these games just as well as any other.
-Super Mario 3D Land. I don't own it yet, but I don't even need to yet to know it's a damn good game. I plan to get it once I have the money to, or whenever the price decreases if it does. Really wish Player's Choice was brought back so that the price reduced whenever a game sold 1 Million copies.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Though, that brings the question. Because Peach is playable, what will the excuse plot for this game be? I know for sure Bowser is probably involved no duh, but without Peach in his grasp, what's the plot gonna be? Maybe it has to do with that new Cat Suit power up for all I know.

Daisy! Daisies everywhere!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Here's the issue I have, a new galaxy would somewhat disappoint me because it's just more of the same, and anything else would disappoint me because it doesn't look like it will break the ground galaxy did. I'm sure 3d world will still be hell of fun, and it will atleast provide a new (atleast to me) experience. Hopefully they push style of 3d land level design to the limit like they did from galaxy and galaxy 2.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
It always brings me joy to see Mario still thriving to this day. It shows that Platformers aren't as dead as everyone believes them to be, as each Mario mainseries games sells millions of copies, and each one overall have gotten good reviews. The only one I really hate is Super Mario Bros. 2, aka Super Mario USA. It felt so drastically different from the others, and the fact Bowser wasn't the main antagonist and some Frog who never appeared again was instead didn't help either.

On the contrary non linear 3D platformers are pretty much dead
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 am  Reply with quote + 
I hate to disagree, Mighty, but I actually thought Super Mario Bros. 2 was at the very least enjoyable. Even though it was more of a black sheep of the SMB franchise, without Bowser as the antagonist, it had its moments. Plus, some enemy characters (i.e. Bob-ombs) became a staple among the cast of Mario characters at the time. Then again, the game was originally a Japan-only title named "Doki Doki Panic", which I'm sure you might have read about by now. On top that, at the time (before Super Mario All-Stars) in which the Japanese SMB2 was deemed too difficult for us American gamers by Nintendo of America, Miyamoto simply inserted the Mario characters into DDP as the playable cast...well, you get the picture.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I haven't played Super Mario Galaxy 2 in a while, and I've still yet to beat it once, mostly because I had plenty other games to keep myself company - let alone the ones I haven't finished at the time yet. I hate being lazy, but it kinda happens to me sometimes...

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1689s
Index - Back to Top