Hey, guys!
[Replies: 18]  [Views: 5050]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Users watching this topic: 1  
Rilivity
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys, my name is Rilivity. I have wanted to join a Bomberman group, and this one seems great.

The first Bomberman game I played was Bomberman Hero. I have played a few other Bomberman games over time, and now I have recently gotten Bomberman Blast. I am really looking for some good online Bomberman games to get into.

I am currently deciding to get either a PS3 or XBOX 360. I am leaning towards PS3, since a lot of my friends have it, PSN is free, and it has more exclusives that I would want. I do usually spend most of my time on the computer, however.

I was also wondering how is Bomberman Live and Ultra? And are there any good online Bomberman games?

I hope I can become a good member of this community, and hopefully Konami can do something with the series!

Thanks!

Last edited by Rilivity on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:48 am
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Hello there. Welcome to the forum. Please do not get eaten. There's a wild animal loose on the forums.

[Beware]
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I've always had problems playing Bomberman Ultra, no matter how good the internet connection is, Lag makes it more or less impossible
But there are plenty of people playing it so finding people to play is no problem
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome to the board. Enjoy your staying.

Speaking purely on my own experiences, my interest in the Bomberman series died down quite a bit after the N64 games, so I have yet to play any new Bomberman games after the two mediocre Gamecube ones.

I would say that you go with the console that interests you more. It sounds like the PS3 interests you much more then the 360, so it seems like a no-brainer to me which one you should get.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome aboard! It's always nice to see a new face. :happy: 
Rilivity
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it does seem the obvious choice to get the PS3. Do you think it is because of your connection your're laggy on Ultra, or just PSN acting up?

Don't worry, I'm good at avoiding monsters, of any kind... :happy: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome to the community Rilivity.

I've played Bomberman Blast online before on the Wii and it was pretty decent. Bomberman Ultra I've only tried once before, it seemed a bit rough to play with the d-pad and the character speed increased too much sometimes when collecting speed panels, so I didn't like it very much because of that. In regards to lag I would assume that it's just the game server at fault, or because of the way it's programmed. The rest of the PSN online game servers are probably fine.

The PS3 is a good system, though like Soniti has already said, definitely go with the console that that interests you the most. It sounds like the games interest you more, and since your friends have the system too that makes it the most likely choice. There's not much difference in selection between Bomberman games on the PS3 and the XBOX 360.

In regards to online Bomberman games for the PC, there's not much choice at the moment. However a few of us around here are working on fan projects, one of them being online, so those are something that can be looked forward to even if Konami isn't doing anything with the franchise.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I havn't a clue why I havn't been able to play the blasted thing lag free but ive attempted it in tree different houses across two countries with three DL/UL different speeds (none of which were slow) from three different ISPs and its been arse for all of them

I reckon its lousy luck but offline Ultra is good fun. There are plenty of game options and the controls were exactly the same as Bomberman Party Edition so no learning. The big drawback is it takes ages to pick up enough bits of costume to customise 4 players well
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm  Reply with quote + 

Enjoy your stay!
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome to the forum. Bomberman Hero was the game in the franchise to make me interested in the series, but Super Bomberman 2 was the first Bomberman game I ever played because I didn't own an N64. Oddly enough, I've never played Bomberman Hero past the first level. o_O
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Hero is like the black sheep of the series (or rather one of the black sheep now) but it's a pretty good game. I enjoyed it. Jumping around, exploring levels and a lot more focus on throwing bombs for combat was a very interesting take on bomberman. A lot of the boss battles were pretty fun too and some of the vehicle based levels were a nice change of pace. It was my 3rd or 4th bomberman game if I remember correctly. I played the 2 other 64 games first and I might've got Bomberman for NES or Super bomberman 2 before I acquired Hero.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Hero is also one of those games that reviewers generally liked a lot less than gamers. Hell, one of my friends views it as his favorite Bomberman game.
Board Admin

Post#13  Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
I feel that most of the heat that Bomberman Hero gets from Bomberman fans is due to how greatly it differed from traditional Bomberman. Bomberman 64 got a lot of flak when it was released, and it still played similarly to regular Bomberman (just without the grid). Bomberman Hero was basically a different style of game altogether, even lacking multiplayer. It definitely wasn't what fans were expecting.

It's not a bad game, just different.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry I haven't checked in because of my job search, but welcome aboard and make yourself at home. :)

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Rilivity
Bomberbie

Post#15  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, plasm, that's what I think too, it was so much different from the other games, when it was in fact a good game. When I was young, I got up to the last planet, but then decided to start again. I kind of go off then back on then off again. I might try going back on to it and finish the game.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 am  Reply with quote + 
I once finished Bomberman Hero back in the N64 days, but never got to getting 100% in every level (as in, reaching the target score) to unlock Gossick Star.

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Neither did I, as some of those bosses were rather nightmarish when it comes to getting a decent score. I'd like to get around to it someday, though.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Neither did I, as some of those bosses were rather nightmarish when it comes to getting a decent score. I'd like to get around to it someday, though.

Yeah. I know how it feels, since I too have been there.

KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:18 am  Reply with quote + 
A belated welcome to the board from my side! Hope you'll enjoy your stay and have alot of fun~
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1907s
Index - Back to Top