Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
The Games of Fall 2012
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 1639]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
What games coming out this year are you guys the most excited about? For me, it's definitely Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

E3 2012 Trailer · TGS 2011 Trailer · E3 2011 Trailer

I love the Paper Mario series and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is easily one of my favorite GCN games. With the new Paper Mario game being the first RPG game in the series since 2004, I'm definitely going to pick it up sometime this year.

American Trailer · Japanese Trailer

Another game I was really excited about is the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but that port is ridiculously buggy to the point where its bugs caused me to stop playing it. Here my favorite gaming trilogy from the last generation gets 1080p ports of all three games and it's a buggy mess. Hopefully patches will eventually fix many of the game's issues. Otherwise... :worry: 

As for other games I'm really looking forward to playing that are coming out or have come out this Fall, everything else are either ports (Jet Set Radio, Nights into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2, and Okami HD), they were postponed to 2013 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Sly 4: Thieves in Time), or they're from a system I'm unlikely to own for a long while (Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends). 2012 has been a crappy year for original games. :shifty:  No wonder the release of Borderlands 2 is such a big deal. I plan to get that game someday when it's dirt cheap on Steam. I still haven't played through the first game yet but from what I played of it at a friend's house, it was pretty fun. Now that I've mentioned which 2012 releases excite me, what games are you guys looking forward to that are coming out this Fall?
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not much for newer games in recent years I occasionally pick up one or 2 but there is soemthing I'm pumped about.

The only game I'll be looking to buy anytime soon will Phantasy Star Online 2, hopefully by this winter.

A trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4

I've always loved the Phantasy Star series. Especially the 3D offerings!

I own....

Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3
Phantasy Star 4: End of the Millennium *beaten*
Phantasy Star Online *Beaten, played over 1000 hours of this between all my characters and all the modes*
Phantasy Star Universe *Beaten, Probably played 500+ hours between the characters and modes and including the expansion*
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of Illuminus *The expansion to the first Universe*
Phantasy Star 0 *haven't beaten properly yet, got much more into portable 2*
Phantasy Star Portable 2 *My current entry in the series, Have played over 300 hours far.*

I started with PSO and went backwards through the regular games which are good RPGs in their own right but the 3D ones are the titles that truly grabbed my heart. It's very fun creating your own characters and playing with your friends. Getting stronger, finding better gear, killing monsters and formulating your own play style as you progress. It's only gotten better with each entry. More customization, more weapon types, more freedom and larger worlds with more to do so I'm very excited.

Phantasy star has a much more action oriented play style in comparison to many other popular MMOs that are more click and drag styled games and I find leveling up and advancing to be a chore in those games. Phantasy Star I actually enjoy playing in the long term. I've sometimes played 5-10 hour sessions at one time and it flies by.

Like any game though overtime they break down and start getting monotonous and as you run out of things to do start losing their appeal but I know for a fact I've played it more then any other game series every made.

Anyway, I've gone way off on a tangent here.....

This is a video of what gameplay will be like from the japanese version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTNUClxhyo&feature=related
View user profile Send Private Message
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never played any of the other Phantasy Star games out there, but Phantasy Star Online 2 interests me as well. Since it's free to play, I'll definitely give it a try at some point.
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Current game expectations are XCOM (just to see how it is, I doubt I'll actually want it or buy it, but the series was godly back in the day), Starbound, Worms Revolution, and that's it that I have "solid" release dates for.

Currently playing Torchlight 2, and will likely get back into FTL/Faster THan Light after I'm sick of TL2.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Formula 1 2012 is out now, but i'll wait until January or so for the price to fall a bit, its good to play round that time anyway before the next season starts as there isn't any to watch

Beyond that... err, thats it I think for me. Within that time there are three jrpg's that I want to pick up before the system is truly left behind and their prices start rising
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1458s
Index - Back to Top