[Replies: 47]  [Views: 11601]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I imagine most, if not all of you will have consumed some of the media that flew about recently. I've gotten mixed reactions from my peers.

Some like the look of 4 or 5 of the launch titles and will be picking it up. Some weren't going to buy one until they found out Bayonetta 2 was to be an exclusive (and some of them were a bit angry about it). Some like it enough to eventually get one after the first price drop.

Others are not interested in the launch titles while a few have said the the specs arn't that impressive in terms of what is available at the moment. A few suggested it will do a 'Dreamcast'.

Myself, i've never brought a console until its been out for at least a couple of years and I can't remember the last console game I brought when it was new. £50 for most launch titles ($81) is in my view, an idiotic price
View user profile Send Private Message
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm who knows. I am interested in the next Smash Bros games though.

I don't buy any console at launch either (PS1 7 years later albeit before 2001 my old house was too small to fit in that thing, PS2 4 years later, Wii got it 4 years later, XBOX360 5 years later)
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I planned to buy one immediately, with no games, somewhat like I did with the wii. I don't think the price will be dropping all that noticably before there will be some game that I just must have, and I can leave it there sitting with early firmware in hopes that it starts getting it's fair share of hacks. I also will get by watching people try to hack the new controller as a pc input device, which should be pretty amusing. My wii sat around for almost a year before Galaxy came out, and yet I'm still pretty happy with the purchase.

Anyone who suggested it will "do a Dreamcast" more then likely has no idea what the Dreamcast did, or they would be picking one up post haste. That console despite being a commercial failure was well designed, and had a more than decent game library. I suppose if WiiU was comparable, you could start grabbing things in 3 years for dirt cheap, but I really doubt that's going to happen. If you're going to say a console is going to fail because bad design, there's plenty of Sega failures that are a better comparison. If they're actually trying to state that the system is well designed, and will have good games, but will fail, they are making a pretty strong prediction, also not deturing me from buying.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 am  Reply with quote + 
The only game for the Wii U that really excites me is Pikmin 3. I've been pretty underwhemed by Nintendo's performance in trying to get me to buy a Wii U and as a result, this is the first time I'm not getting a Nintendo console around launch. One of the last straws was the recent announcement that the basic model was white while the premium model was black. If I get a Wii U someday (probably will eventually), I want a white one but with the premium's features. :/ I don't want a black Wii U. Black is one of my favorite colors, but I think the system and controllers look much better in white plus all of my wiimotes and nunchucks are white.
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Im the opposite, black ages better than white and hides light aesthetic damage better

fireball87 wrote:

Anyone who suggested it will "do a Dreamcast" more then likely has no idea what the Dreamcast did

Arrive at completely the wrong point in the market cycle as a result of the shortcomings of its predecessor, sell rather well for a bit until eventually becoming overshadowed in the eyes of the masses as a result of the much bigger budgets & behaviour of its competitors that ultimately touted much beefier components

I should think it wont come to pass like this (and i know there was much more to the Dreamcast's pretty nifty but short life) but as suggestive predictions go, its plausible enough
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I haven't been very interested in the Wii U. There's only one real game on it right now that holds my interest, and Bayonetta 2 just is not a good enough reason for me to get that console. I actually was a bit upset when it was announced it'd be only on Wii U, since it's a console I have no real interest in getting. My rule is if there isn't at least 5-6 games I'm interested in playing on it, I don't plan on getting one.

Nintendo's been losing my interest over the past few years. A lot of their games have been feeling "samey" lately, especially Mario (it's either "Yet another Mario 3/World clone" or "Yet another Mario 64 clone") and Zelda (I'm hardly a Zelda fan, but honestly; they all look exactly the same as Ocarina of Time to me). I kinda enjoyed the Wii as a whole, but I don't think it was worth getting it when I did, especially since I'm either playing Virtual Console games or GameCube games.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure the last new system I bought for myself was a model PSP-2000 back in 2008 or so....

lol, Wow.....

I did buy myself a PC-Engine Duo in 2010 but that was an already long dead old console.

I wanted me some Valis games and they are quite nice on the PC Engine Duo. I'll probly still buy the U.S. Genesis versions eventually anyway but still....
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 am  Reply with quote + 
[LINK]

The Wii U will be region locked? What an unbelievable surprise! :surprise: 
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not really surprised. A lot of companies have been doing this type of stuff for a very long time, even Nintendo has been guilty of this before. Region locks is something I've never really understood the point of. I've already made a rant about region-locking before, so I'll spare you guys of another one.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man, I must suck at sarcasm. Both you and one of my Facebook friends thought I was serious about being shocked. Region locking is so stupid. It would be one thing if all games came to all territories, but that's not the case. :/ *cough* BOMBERMAN 2 DS *cough*
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I probably should've known better, but unfortunately, sarcasm is one of those things that can be easily lost when it's just text. Not to mention I don't know you well enough yet to figure that out.

Recent stuff I'm into:

W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 am  Reply with quote + 
True. I haven't even been a member for a month yet.
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Meh, region locking has never bothered me, and im in the region that the lack of it would (theoretically) benefit the most.

I've always thought it made sense, if a game has different publishers for different regions, they lose out on the revenue if someone decides to import it.

Also, if importing became more popular without region locking, there is a chance the European Parliament could crack down on it as the imported games wont have been assessed against their guidelines (The rollout of Ice Cream Sandwich is taking a lot longer than it should for similar reasons).

There are hardly any games that have a NA release and no Eu/Auz release these days anyway
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
[LINK]

Some good news about the Wii U. I'm looking forward to seeing what Miyamoto and Retro Studio are working on.
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 am  Reply with quote + 
So far, the only Wii U games I'm interested in are New Super Mario Bros. U (buying it for collection purposes), Game & Wario, Nintendo Land...and maybe ZombiU as well. But that's just it, for now.

At the very least, though, there will be select GameCube games as Virtual Console titles, along with the "WiiUWare" stuff.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:02 am  Reply with quote + 
According to Reggie, GameCube titles for the Wii U weren't accurate claims. Someone at Nintendo simply misspoke but that might be a good sign it might happen someday.
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I guess it's likely the same deal with GBA titles being a possibility (except for "3DS Ambassadors") on the 3DS Virtual Console, then.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:03 am  Reply with quote + 
It would have been an excellent bonus if Cube titles were available right from the start, but the software development houses would need to port them, taking away time that is at the time of a launch, better spent making new games

It is a shame, I have four Gamecubes and wouldn't consider playing games for the system on anything else (occasionally I will play stuff on the wii because it looks better through a component cable and Gamecube ones are in excess of £50 now) as it would have benefited me by (possibly) bringing the prices of physical cube games down.

Side note- at 1.5GBs, most cube games would need to be stored externally from the console on account that the internal memory is a tad unsuitable
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Since Gamecube games are on discs, and the WiiU presumably reads discs, then why wouldn't the WiiU be designed to have backwards compatibility like the Wii?
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Consoles with backward compatibility generally require the legacy chipsets of the previous machines to play the old games, EG The Mega Drive had the Master System's Zilog Z80 as a co-processor so it could run those things, and later PS3s dropped PS2 support because the PS2's processor wasn't cost effective to manufacture.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1586s
Index - Back to Top