Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
"Edutainment" shows
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 1655]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
The title may sound a little strange at first, but that's the quoted word people used to identify educational games and stuff. But anyway, this topic is about educational shows -- whether it be live-action or cartoon. While most of them are rather...ahem, obviously kiddy and all that (i.e. Barney & Friends, Teletubbies...and yes, Dora the Explorer), there are quite a couple in which I admit, that I like.

First off, there's Bill Nye the Science Guy, though I doubt they show that anymore. I don't think I saw much of Blue's Clues, but I thought it was okay. I'll probably need to find and watch it on Netflix before I can fully give my thoughts here.

And last, but not least...WordGirl! Yeah, kinda weird for a guy like me to enjoy a show that actually enriches vocabulary usage. At first, when I stumbled upon it via Netflix, I got curious and watched some episodes to see what it was like. In addition to enriching vocabulary usage, this educational show is actually a spoof of generic superhero shows (i.e. Superman).

So anyway...what are your personal thoughts on educational shows? Any of them you came across at some point -- like or detest?

Last edited by WarioMan3K on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 am

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
View user profile Send Private Message
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Blues Clues and Little Bill are my main really. Sesame Street is mostly fine but I'm mostly confined to Big Bird, Bert and Ernie and Grover sessions as the only ones I actually like.

I used to like Barney and Dora but eventually eh...

AND I BLOODY HATE MY FRIENS TIGGER AND POOH AND LITTLE EINSTEIN
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
There are other cartoons I've mentioned in the toon thread like Richard Scary and Madeline that could fall into this area, which try to teach kids stuff.

I also love Lazy Town, which is famous throughout the internet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
Though I only got into it recently.
Anyway, its educational value is kind of low. It tries to teach only very basic things like health and values. No where in the league of Bill Nye which was a good show for that. But Lazy Town is aimed at a much younger audience.

I also liked Reading Rainbow and Gullah Gullah Island and such.

Oh and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood! That was always a fun show and you could learn some interesting things.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
^ Gullah Gullah Island

I swear I seen that show in a trailer years ago. That yellow frog looks very familiar
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Ah, yes! I forgot about Gullah Gullah Island...I used to see that show a few times, back when I was a kid. That, and The Busy World of Richard Scarry as well... :3

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1373s
Index - Back to Top