BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
I miss competitive Bomberman. Bring it back?
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 3808]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have really been thinking about it lately, and I miss the thrill and fun of playing Bomberman at a high level. Ever since Konami took over, there hasn't been much (if anything) going on for our scene. And for the longest time, I personally haven't done anything about it or really been even playing the games except for very sporadically. I still have some good Bomberman players on my friends lists for various titles, but it's been so long since I've played with most of them.

After observing and joining competitive scenes for other games, I feel like I understand the process of how to get a scene going again or strengthen it. I'm modeling some of my ideas after the Alabama Smash League for Super Smash Bros Brawl (one of the strongest scenes for competitive Smash in the Atlantic South) and what I would like to do is start having either weekly or monthly online tournaments or even a league of some sort if we get enough people.

If something like this would happen, it would have to start with our site since there's not a lot of other organized groups out there in support of Bomberman. What I would like to do is have Bomberman Board tournaments on an online Bomberman title. We can do whichever one the most people have/want to play, but I would personally like to nominate Bomberman Live. Its open for discussion what title we would use though so just keep that in mind.

Depending on the results of the tournaments we could then make a power ranking system determining how players are ranked on the site based on tournament results. Also, if we had 16+ people interested, I'd be willing to fundraise money to give payouts to top 3 at our tournaments. Also, I do have a livestream so our tournaments could be streamed and recorded to help gain exposure for the scene.

I'm personally willing to do the work and set up all of this if people are interested. Who would be in support of this?
View user profile Send Private Message
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#2  Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:29 am  Reply with quote + 
I know what you are talking about because i played a bomberman game for like 10 years.
It had the most competitive bomberman players on the net.

Top players from other bomberman games like BMO had hard work against our middle-skilled ones (in their own game!) which proves the strenght.

After our game was turned down in 12/2010 the community slowly vanished.
A try to bring it back failed.

I visited "Bombermania", playforias own bomberman game.
The so called "pros" at this game are not really pro's as i take them out with absolute ease.

Now, there is a new but good bomberman game called "Bomb Buddies", it's playable on facebook and PC (Bombbuddies.com), which should attract more people than Bomberman Live because it's free.
They have 1 competitive map so far.
Broomop
Bombertrainee

Post#3  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
bombbuddies is the company that bought bomberman online out. but dont fret there is a new bomberman online coming out. Which although nothing much new will be added. Im going to be doing the following changes:

Full sql database support (i had issues having over 2million accounts+) this should allow smoother gameplay and also more things could be done like selecting characters online instead of a loader. Tournaments could be done and full email support on recovering passwords.

Anti cheat will be integrated instead of injected (more compatibility no need for admin rights either).

udp can be auto configured if upnp is enabled so you don't even have to configure it yourself.

uploading of custom designs (this was planned but i never bothered to do it.. well this time it will be)

country specific servers (this will stop lag and other issues with our countrys. I did frown upon this but ive found one dominate country ruined the game).

Unlocking system (you will start off with white bomberman and will have to earn all the other bombermans)

Hoping to get at least the backbone of the server finished by the 1st of october. Any support on providing servers for other countrys and stuff will be greatful. If you enjoyed bomberman online back in the day when it wasn't so populated you may want to come back and help support this newer version. That i hope will be a huge success.

we are also on a temp domain now http://bmo.ddns.net
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 am  Reply with quote + 
I never really got into competitive online Bomberman gaming largely because in every single match I played of Bomberman Ultra, either no-one had a damn mic or mics didn't work. It's hard for me to want to bother with any online games if I can't chat with people.
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
I never really got into competitive online Bomberman gaming largely because in every single match I played of Bomberman Ultra, either no-one had a damn mic or mics didn't work. It's hard for me to want to bother with any online games if I can't chat with people.

if i get enough funding i might be able to include ingame voice or something along those lines.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's cool. Does anyone else here have issues with the headset support in Bomberman Ultra? I'd bump the topic, but it's been almost two years since it had any responses.
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am  Reply with quote + 
It's generally okay to bump a topic around here, as long as you have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1342s
Index - Back to Top