Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Good Cartoons
[Replies: 16]  [Views: 4782]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

HienFan
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Since there's a Sucky Cartoons topic in here I think we need one about GOOD ones. I doubt everyone in here is 'LOLMG ANIME IS DA GOD EVERY WESTERN CARTOON STINKS'

So any good cartoons you've seen over the years?

I used to watch Cartoon Cartoons regularly until I got my PS2 and stumbled into this terrible show named Camp Lazlo. I never really seen much of Nicktoons and Disney(Hate the Disney Channel since day 1, only exposure I get is from my sis and Nicktoon has this horrible show named Ren and Stimpy)

Dexter Laboratory-Admittedly this is the first cartoon I saw in 1999. I also like the last two season even though they are not well liked

Powerpuff Girls

Sheep in the Big City-Favourite cartoon of the 2000s. Like the whole producing a show within a show with over the top ad in the show idea

Samurai Jack-When are they ever gonna make the movie? Question: Someone told me this cartoon is made from flash. I don't know if it's true

Grim and Evil-I prefer it when those two shows are together instead of seperate. Especially the former which I found got weaker after 2003

Time Squad

Johny Bravo-First season only

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Courage the Cowardly dog

Ben 10(original only)

Generator Rex

Megas XLR

Duck Dodgers

Teen Titans-Only saw the first few eps though. It aired around the time I got a PS2 so I didn't see much

Non Cartoon Network

American Dragon Jake Long-When it got cancelled I was convinced people are having shittier taste

Phineas and Ferb

Spongebob Squarepants-First three seasons only LOL especially season 1

Danny Phantom

Ye oldies

Tom and Jerry-The original and Chuck Jones era mainly. But do not like the Filmation and Gene Deitch era

Looney Tunes- Admittedly only the Bugs Bunny shorts, Chuck Jones and Robert McKimson Daffy Duck shorts and the Sniffles the Mouse shorts. Sylvester and Tweety, Road Runner and Wile E, Daffy and Speedy, B&W(including the recolours other than the original You oughta be in pictures), any Porky shorts without Daffy, 7Arts shorts are all especially out

Woody Woodpecker-Only the 40s shorts

Disney Movies if it counts-Though not Chicken Little, Dinosaur and Home on the Range

Scooby Doo

The Flintstone

The Jetsons

The Smurfs-I was disappointed when it disappeared though LOL Toei was involved
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 am  Reply with quote + 
These are the ones I remember the most fondly.

Batman: The Animated Series

TransFormers (Generation 1)

Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)

X-Men (the 90's cartoon)

Spider-Man (the 90's cartoon)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original cartoon the ran from the late 80's to mid 90's)

Some other shows I remember liking

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (I thought that the Grim Reaper speaking in a Jamaican like accent was pretty funny; quite a few good VAs on this show too)

Fairly Odd Parents ("Timmy Turner has FAIRY GOD PARENTS!" (spasms))

Maybe I'll add more when I think of them.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Fairly Odd Parents... I only like the first few seasons(Up to season 3) and the older episodes that were on Cartoon Network. After that errr... They went down the Family Guy/Simpson route with highly exaggerated two dimensional characters
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can't say that I can agree to a lot of them.

I will mention TAS was as far as I know, the best done superhero cartoon so far, as well as my favorite incarnation of Batman.

Missing from these lists is Animaniacs for "modern" shows (though I found one or two of the regular segments to be consistently unfunny).
I have fond memories of Duck Tails and Darkwing Duck, but I can't really recall enough to say that they were necessarily very good.

For classics, in addition to the already listed:
Popeye (B/W era) and Top Cat run among my favorites. Yogi Bear is also of course good. One was on the top of my head, but I forgot it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I can't say that I can agree to a lot of them.

And that's perfectly okay. I feel that this topic (and it's predecessor, Sucky Cartoons) is going to be very much opinionated. So there will be bits I agree with and bits I disagree with.

fireball87 wrote:
I will mention TAS was as far as I know, the best done superhero cartoon so far, as well as my favorite incarnation of Batman.

Pretty much how I feel word for word. Whenever Batman comes up, I always associate the character with the Animated Series incarnation.

fireball87 wrote:
Animaniacs

HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THIS?! Used to love Animaniacs!

fireball87 wrote:
I have fond memories of Duck Tails and Darkwing Duck, but I can't really recall enough to say that they were necessarily very good.

Although I do remember little bits of Duck Tales and how awesome Scrooge McDuck was, I never watched much Darkwing Duck. Don't understand why, it looked like something that was right up my alley. Same with Batman Beyond/of the Future.

I didn't mention any older cartoons because eh. Although I watched some of them as a child, they aren't really anything I'd consider watching now.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ahhhh.... cartoons....

Well there are quite a few I used to love. I liked a good many of Nickelodeon's 90's offerings.

Could probly still watch.....
Angry Beavers
Rocko's Modern Life

Used to like but don't think I could watch much today.....
Doug
Hey Arnold
Catdog
Rugrats

Fairly Odd Parents though a bit later I also enjoy. Probly the last nick cartoon I did enjoy watching.

Some of the stuff mentioned...

I actually hated most of the cartoon cartoon titles. They annoyed me. Though admittedly I did enjoy a few episodes of I am Weasel. lmao

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was also amusing at times.

I'm not much of an old school cartoons guy though I do like me some Felix the Cat. hehe

Animaniacs - My favorite segments were Slappy Squirrel and the Chicken that tried to do human stuff.

Transformers may fall into anime? But I loved the 80s Transformers too, especially the movie! oh god so awesome!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles = Awesome
90's X-Men, Spiderman and Batman = All good

most late 80's/90's videogame cartoons I saw I liked including Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic SatAM, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is also fun (exchanges the good plot and characters from SatAM for good humor so it's almost as good.)

More possibly oddball stuff....

Brandy and Mr.Whiskers - Yeah I liked this show quite a bit! So there!

Bucky O' Hare - This series is awesome. One of my favs. Need to hunt down the comics someday!

Adventures of Tintin - Yeah, awesome.

The Busy World of Richard Scarry - one of the best kids shows ever.

And as I mentioned in another recent topic I enjoy alot of kiddy/girly shows like Madeline and Sagwa. I haven't watched tons of episodes of this stuff, but I liked it.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Tin Tin and The Busy world of Richard Scarry, maaan it's been such a long time since I last saw those two shows I forgot about them.

Many of the show(Batman, Darkwing Duck, The Marvel Cartoons, Duck Tails, etc) all of you posted I haven't seen but they do look good I might consider watching them

Edit: I'm pretty sure Busy World of Richard Scarry is a really young kids cartoon. Gonna mention some

Sagwa

Blues Clues-Hell I had to get my mother to record this and Little Bill every time I'm in school so I can watch this at home until our Tape recorder died out(I was 8 during the time)

Little Bill-Ditto

Madeline-My sis exposed me to this. I saw a bit of the Live Action version but I didn't like it as much

P, B and J Otter

I used to like Dora but after the first(2001) year I seen it, I lost interest
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Other kids stuff I loved were the puppet based ones like Lampchop and Eureka's Castle. Those were always fun to watch too! Even costumed characters like Sesame Street and Bananas in Pajamas were enjoyable sometimes.

The learning aspect of these types of shows would probably bore me today though I would like to see Eureka's Castle again for a nice nostalgia trip!

Interestingly enough The woman that did the lambchop puppet apparently did/does live shows with a more crude adult style of humor and that could possibly be awesome. lmao!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
For kid targeted shows, Arthur was always pretty watchable, It had high ratings among college students during it's running for a reason. I've watched an ungodly amount of PBS crap though, thanks to not having cable and it being the only channel I had with something on 90 percent of the time, back in the day. Just would leave the tv on while I did other crap. Generally any kids show that talks down to kids though, I'm not going to be able to stand. Actually the practice of talking down to kids I can't really stand either.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Too bad parents think it's a good way to teach them, those lame puns/jokes in general on many of them just makes them harder to bear

I do like Blues Clues but that show is the first talk(a bit) down show I ever seen, then again it does have some substance other than just preaching

Played those interactive book of Arthur. Never saw the show but I like those games so I might like the show as well
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whenever I think Arthur, all that comes to mind is youtube poop. lmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT5i9P4rnnk
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've got like tons to list, but I'll keep it short and sweet.

Popeye (although I didn't exactly hear about "The All-New Popeye Hour" or "Popeye and Son" until I found out on the Internet at some point)

Batman: The Animated Series

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 version)

Inspector Gadget

Animaniacs

Johnny Bravo

The Powerpuff Girls

Ed, Edd 'n Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Time Squad

Justice League

Samurai Jack

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Teen Titans (2003; my very first time hearing about Puffy AmiYumi, who sang the theme song -- sometimes in Japanese)

Megas XLR

Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Futurama

The Transformers (1984)

Transformers: Animated

Transformers: Prime (for a CGI-animated series, this ain't bad at all.)

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:02 am  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
Futurama

Futurama is as far as I know the only show that was brought back after being canceled and still about as good after it was. In other news, canceling one of the shows of one of your most profitable creators who is bored of the show you're more or less forcing him to continue to make is a *beep* move.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Futurama is as far as I know the only show that was brought back after being canceled and still about as good after it was. In other news, canceling one of the shows of one of your most profitable creators who is bored of the show you're more or less forcing him to continue to make is a *beep* move.

Hi Spongebob.

Never seen the show but one of my cousin loaned it years ago back on 2004
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
As a child i enjoyed The Smurfs, Biker Mice From Mars, Duckula, Sonic The Hedgehog (the one that preceded satam), Wacky Races, Pinky & The Brain, Dennis & Gnasher & Loony Tunes. There may have been others but I cant remember them

As a grown adult, there are animations that I watched as a child that Im still fond of

The Trap Door is still utterly brilliant. Plots were genarally non-exsistent but it was silly and plasticine stop motion is always fun to watch. There was always something wiggling around in the background

Insektors was the first CGI cartoon. It got a boring US dub (from French) but a hilarious and downright goofy UK dub

The earlier Tom & Jerry cartoons directed by Fred Quimby are utterly timeless. No-one sane could dislike those

And Shaun the Sheep, albeit much later, is another plasticine stop motion gig spun off from Wallace & Gromit (also very good) which I sometimes watch if im in a bad mood

I might edit some other things in later, the Grand Prix is about to start
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Pretty sure Fred Quimby only produced Tom and Jerry/Droopy/all the earlier MGM shorts, the actual directors are Will Hanna and Joe Barbara

Now for more to list Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-fun classic... the 2003 one is good but I think the classic and 2012 are better
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Over the past couple weeks, I've begun recalling one of the popular toons from the 90s I grew up with -- the one made by none other than Ted Turner himself. Yes, I am aware it's cheesy as hell by today's standards, but hey, it had a neat concept about protecting the environment at the time.

In other words, it's Captain Planet & the Planeteers. I never got to see all the episodes back when I was a kid, but today (thanks to YouTube) I got to watch plenty of them for nostalgic reasons.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2499s
Index - Back to Top