Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
New Super Mario Bros. 2
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1156]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 am  Reply with quote + 
You've all probably already read about this game via E3, but come to think of it, I'm actually looking forward to New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS. I mean, sure, it seems to feel the same as with the previous NSMB games, but at least the actual Raccoon item and its "P" meter from Super Mario Bros. 3 are back.

Then again, just one detail kinda bothered me: the mass-collecting of coins -- while a neat way of racking up extra lives -- feels more like it's Wario's forte rather than Mario's, if you know what I mean. Well, I'm kinda hoping the game turns out better than NSMB on the DS! Feel free to post your own thoughts if you want. :happy: 

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:27 am  Reply with quote + 
I think the coin collecting is a cool new idea. I think Nintendo needs to kick the use of lives and continues. Just have it so when you die you go back to the world map and start over. It's pretty much what you do anyway even with lives and continues, it's an outdated concept.

The coins could be used as a type of score, like you could have a record coin count for each stage and compete for the best. Then they could tie it in with a shop. I agree with you WarioMan, this does seem to be Wario's playground here so maybe a game with him could surface too. :cool: 
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Yep. As far as I can remember, coins were once used differently in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, in which you could go into a small house on the world map and play a slot minigame. Depending on its price you selected, the prizes would range from so-so (i.e. Mushroom), to very helpful (i.e. 50-Up).

Oh, and speaking of lives and continues, Mario VS Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! on the DS ditched that system. In other words, if you lose in any level, you start over from scratch.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1404s
Index - Back to Top