Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman Nintendo Power Scans
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 3921]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
So over the past few days I've been interested in the old Nintendo Power Magazines. While on my hunt for some scans, I tracked down and compiled as much of the Bomberman stuff as I could. The earliest known game covered is Bomberman II on NES and the latest was Jetters on GC.

There are a few games I'm missing just because I couldn't find the scans but overall I found quite a bit. Interesting to note is that Hero was on the cover of issue 111.

Any who, I'd like to share it with my fellow Bomber friends. Enjoy and lemme know what ya think! :veryhappy: 

http://www.mediafire.com/?kes0w67sx7r3h91
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey I took a look through them. It was pretty neat. Thanks for your effort to find these!

Remember when videogame mags actually used to be helpful? They used to provide decent info and unbiased/unbribed opinions. Not anymore, today they're a joke.

It was also neat seeing the old bomberman ads. Bomberman's companies really pushed his games hard back in the N64 era. They must've done pretty well for them. I remember a lot of people actually had bomberman games on N64 back when I was in middle school. Be it Bomberman 64 or Bomberman Hero.
legato
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mhm. They really were a valuable source of information back in those days. I only get Game Informer nowadays and there's so many titles coming out you just get quick reviews anymore.

Yeah Bomberman was awesome back in the N64 days. They really made some solid titles. I'd always wanted to see more games like them with solid story lines and 3D gameplay.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Remember when videogame mags actually used to be helpful? They used to provide decent info and unbiased/unbribed opinions. Not anymore, today they're a joke.

Yeah, now only the internet reviewers are a good source of un.... oooohhhhhhh :cry: 

(Seriously I'm surprised that the entire game review circuit hasn't all be hired away into politics, what with their outstanding ethics, and willingness to say whatever they're told.)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh yeah! The internet isn't any better is it? All the main game sites have been bought off.

Perhaps if you really dig around you can find some sites or blogs with reviewers you can actually relate to. I've always liked to just do my own research and thanks to the internet that's a very easy thing to do these days! See what company made it and who worked on it, watch a couple YouTube videos, and if you're really still undecided you can see what folks have to say in fine forums like ours! lol.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I think it was bound to happen, at first the reviewers just started pandering to the fans, popular game series will get good reviews because it's popular, regardless of reviewer opinion. It barely even seems unethical, telling your audience what they want to hear. Your audience growing and you making more in ad revenues is just icing on the cake. Though once you make that jump, selling out for money isn't very far away.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
You got the power; Nintendo Power!

Yeah, sure was a long time ago when video game magazines were actually helpful and honest. Now every bit of gaming journalism is a complete joke. It's gotten to the point where if someone reviews a game a bit lower then the company likes prior to the game's release, they won't allow the review to be published until after the fact. It's ridiculous. This video sums it up perfectly.

Now I either just do research via the internet or take recommendations from some buddies who actually know of my tastes or have similar ones.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1326s
Index - Back to Top