Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Teach me basics of Online play?
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1965]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

zexon
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Can someone explain the techniques , time effort etc it takes to be a good player?

This is always something I wanted to accomplish .
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Here are some tactics that I would recommend. I'm not sure how applicable some of them are to the new games, but here they are:

1) Don't be afraid to place bombs when you have nowhere to run. This is probably the most important advice that I have, and it is especially useful in the beginning of a match, when all players are racing to destroy as many Soft Blocks and grab as many items as possible. When you have at least two bombs, and you've placed one and are currently hiding from it, you can place another where you stand before the first one explodes. Just don't place it too soon; make sure that you have enough time to escape from it once the first bomb explodes. In this way, you can quickly clear out blocks and potentially net more items than your opponents in a shorter amount of time. This can also be useful when you're fighting opponents directly.

2) Bombs can be used defensively. You can place a bomb to keep someone from following you. If you remain on top of the bomb, then you can walk off in any direction once the opponent is blocked. Bombs can also be used to block opponents' explosions. If you have a low Fire level, placing your bomb near an opponents' high-Fire bomb can prevent its explosion from reaching too far. I usually never do that, but it can be helpful if you're in a tight spot.

3) Always look for opportunities to manipulate the environment and generally cause chaos. By this, I mean that if you have the Punch, Power Glove, or Kick item, use them to the fullest of your ability. As long as you can think quickly and control the battlefield, you'll knock off the less experienced and slower players.

4) Try to lessen the amount of powerups that your opponents have. Throw or punch bombs at them to scatter their items, and destroy any items that you don't need when you find them. Or just grab them anyway.

5) Use the Skull to your advantage. Throw it into opponents by blasting it, or just pick it up and give it to somebody else. This is a potentially risky tactic, though.

Basically, my methods involve being as quick as possible in everything that I do, and trying to cause confusion in order to catch my opponents off-guard and eliminate them. Of course, there are lots of other tactics, many of which could be used to counter the five that I have listed, and many which could be used alongside them.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would have a hard time not being sarcastic with advice for "online" play, so I don't think I'll even try.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1304s
Index - Back to Top