Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Axis Powers Hetalia
[Replies: 1]  [Views: 1360]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay so I heard about another show, and it's called Axis Powers Hetalia. Now I've actually haven't seen this show but I heard about it a couple months. From what I read, there's 2 groups: Axis Powers and Allied Forces. If I'm not mistaken, it takes place during the World War II era (mostly) and it often uses satire during the events. The unique thing I find about this show is that 40 of the characters are named after countries that they are from, for example, the characters in Axis Powers are N. Italy, Germany, and Japan.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
All of the characters in this anime basically are the countries in the world during the WWII era represented as people. You'll find that with each character (or country), you'll find a lot of common stereotypes associated with that country (America and England are kind of bitter with each other, America likes burgers and thinks that he's the hero, Italy likes pasta and wine, etc.). Most of the show's humor lies in this kind of stuff.

Based on what I've seen and heard, this show is mostly silly nonsense. It's kind of amusing, but it wasn't as amazing as it's many fans make it out to be. I haven't seen a whole lot of it, so my opinion may be invalid, but based on I've heard, it's more or less the same shenanigans in each episode.

It's also based on a manga of the same name, which is pretty much the same kind of stuff.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1321s
Index - Back to Top