Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Toy Story 3
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1589]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

Mr. X
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:18 pm  Reply with quote + 

The movie I saw in theaters today was the third installment in the entire Toy Story series. And unlike most ongoing series...es (What's the plural for series?). This is the 3rd installment that not only lives up the other 2, but surpasses it with flying colors!

(Spoiler Alert!!!)
The story centers around Woody and co. jumping a 11-year gap into Andy's journey off to college. Andy, still feeling sentimental about his toys, decides to leave them in his attic rather than the garbage,except Woody and decides to solely bring him to college with him. But Andy's mom mistakes the toys for trash and accidentally throws them out. Woody comes to the rescue and the toys flee off to the donations bin and are donated to Sunnycide Daycare. The toys are all thrilled, but Woody still feels attached to his owner and escape from their impending doom. The toys, instead of being left by the care of some older kids, are left with a group of rowdy toddlers that tear them apart. To make matters worse, the toys in the other room were all in on it, lead by their big fuzzy leader, Lotso, the Care-Bear knockoff.
(Spoiler off)

This wasn't as good as the original. It's better. The newer characters were more enticing and colorful, I laughed a few times, it was chock-full of epic moments, It's pure entertainment, from beginning to end, Even the credits were entertaining! Well the clips during the credits, but still pretty good.

Overall, DO NOT miss this movie, it's pure magic, it's funny without being cynical, it's cute without being nauseating, it's touching without being overbearing. The perfect kids movie.

(*****) 5 stars!
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Been wanting to see this since it was first announced. That and the new Shrek. Toy Story was something I liked a lot in my childhood and both are still good movies even today (first is still superior though).

I may be able to catch this next week. Just out of curiosity, did you see it in 2D or 3D?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
I used to love that movie when I was a kid, including the 2nd one. I might see it sometime though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1378s
Index - Back to Top