Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Elfen Lied
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 2846]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:27 am  Reply with quote + 
How many of you know this show? I just started watching it and it's pretty good so far. It's about a girl named Lucy who is a Diclonius, a species that is similar to humans only with with horns on her head and "vectors" which are are transparent telekinetic arms that can cut and manipulate within 2 meters. Lucy has a deep hatred towards humans due to the fact that they would neglect her.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 am  Reply with quote + 
I heard about that show, Lucy also has an alter ego called Nyu who can only meow like a cat
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh so this is what you were talking about. :P

Maybe I'll watch it sometime and give my opinion on it. :)
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
My cousin really liked this anime. I tried watching a few episodes of it a while back and I couldn't get into it.

Between the ridiculous gore and violence and the rather unneeded nudity, I just didn't get it.

But, to each their own.

EDIT:

I suppose if I tried watching it now, now that I'm kind of used to violence and such, I could probably stomach through and give it more through opinion. But I still don't think it'll be a favorite of mine, either way.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
My cousin really liked this anime. I tried watching a few episodes of it a while back and I couldn't get into it.

Between the ridiculous gore and violence and the rather unneeded nudity, I just didn't get it.

But, to each their own.

EDIT:

I suppose if I tried watching it now, now that I'm kind of used to violence and such, I could probably stomach through and give it more through opinion. But I still don't think it'll be a favorite of mine, either way.

I admit that some parts of it, such as the nudity, is kind of excessive, but I can stomach it, and the same thing goes with the graphic violence, mainly because I've seen violent anime movies such as Princess Mononoke where it shows violence like that. Oh well, I've always had a liking for violent anime movies/shows, so for me I guess it isn't really such a big deal.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

But, to each their own.

EDIT:

I admit that some parts of it, such as the nudity, is kind of excessive, but I can stomach it, and the same thing goes with the graphic violence, mainly because I've seen violent anime movies such as Princess Mononoke where it shows violence like that. Oh well, I've always had a liking for violent anime movies/shows, so for me I guess it isn't really such a big deal.

I didn't find Princess Mononoke to be all that violent. That may because I watched it for the first time about a year or two ago, but I seem to remember Elfin Lied being much worse. My opinion's probably irrelevant though, as I only watched like 3-5 episodes of it a few years ago.

Well, if that's kind of your thing anyhow, good for you. Personally, I can't really tolerate excessive violence. I'm better about it in video games and anime to a certain extent, but I can't stand it otherwise.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Watched some of Elfen Lied a long time ago. Didn't care for it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1646s
Index - Back to Top