Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Which of the Five Dastardly Bombers is your favourite? Mine are

Plasma>Magnet>Square Pink>Golem>Brain
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Well this should be obvious for me. Lol. Probably because of the electrical and winter themes he has going, but also because he just generally looks cool and partially because of his near-heel-face-turn in SB2.

Although once again I'm going to point out my personal disdain for the name "Dastardly" that translators for Bomberman Tournament gave them. The original Japanese is "凶悪", which is closer to "fiendish" or "villainous", just a general descriptive word for "evil". The closest thing to "dastardly" (which carries a different meaning than just plain "evil") I can find is 卑怯, which means cowardice/unfairness.

Sorry, certain things about language just get to me. :oops: 
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I actually like Brain Bomber the most, wasn't he the final boss in Bomberman Tournament? Anyways, a leader should be an intelligent one like him. So he should kick Plasma Bomber off his chair and lead himself. :P
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh nooo D:

But Brain Bomber is a complete douche, and he messed up Max. Plus he's kind of a dork. :P

Nah but they're all cool. Though, who voted for Magnet Bomber? I never see any Magnet Bomber fans.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I actually don't really have a favorite one, mostly because the only game I played which had them was Bomberman Tournament. I suppose Magnet Bomber is an interesting character though, but still they're all cool.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I voted for Magnet too but after your post Zaphe.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I can say one thing all of them are interesting but please please please don't give me Round Pink for future Bomberman games. I'm sick of that stupid weak pink bimbo
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Magnet Bomber or Plasma Bomber.... that is the question...
May I broke this tie? Maybe not.

plasm wrote:
Though, who voted for Magnet Bomber? I never see any Magnet Bomber fans.

Really? Most of the Fiendish Bombers fanarts I have ever seen is Plasma or Magnet Bomber's fanart, seriously :/ and some fanarts of Brain Bomber. It's still interesting to note that Pretty Bomber and Golem Bomber, being the only members from the group to appear in other games without the rest of the group, have not a big group of fans. Maybe it's just me and I will have to check LIKE EVERY SITE to change mind.

But all of them are great! I always liked that type of boss battle system, fighting against an enemy who actually have all your abilities but improved...

HienFan wrote:
I can say one thing all of them are interesting but please please please don't give me Round Pink for future Bomberman games. I'm sick of that stupid weak pink bimbo

I guess you have a point.
Pretty Bomber (aside from Brain Bomber) never had a specific hability like her other partners-in-crime, but I have a feeling that the name says it all: looking innocent and pretty could be used in her advantage to confuse and betray rivals.
"Pretty Pink", on the other side, is rather smug and spoilt than crafty, or at least that's how she acts in Bomberman Land Touch 1 and 2. It's really sad when the company changes almost completely the character just because they want to, for fame, or for lack of characters :sad:  I hope no more characters ends like her.

(PS: It's really difficult to not bump topics when you are new.... But these kind of themes are always interesting to me.)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomudokkan wrote:
Really? Most of the Fiendish Bombers fanarts I have ever seen is Plasma or Magnet Bomber's fanart, seriously :/ and some fanarts of Brain Bomber. It's still interesting to note that Pretty Bomber and Golem Bomber, being the only members from the group to appear in other games without the rest of the group, have not a big group of fans. Maybe it's just me and I will have to check LIKE EVERY SITE to change mind.

Oh. You're right, not sure what I was thinking when I said that. I guess I haven't kept up much on the fandom elsewhere.

That being said, of the Japanese fanart I've seen, there seems to be a lot of Magnet, Plasma, and Pretty, with Pretty Bomber appearing most of the time. I'd say that between the people who know her from the earlier games and the people who know her from the Land games, she's probably the most well-known of the lot. But yeah, Golem Bomber gets less attention. :cry:  Hahahah. I don't know if I've seen him in fanart unless he's with the rest of the group or he's one in a series of pictures of the characters.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yep, at least that's what happen with pixiv.net :P You often found fanart of Bomberman Jetters, Bomberman 64, Bomberman 64: the second attack and Fiendish Bombers Fanart (in less quantity.) That site has a lot of really good fanart.

And you are right, Golem Bomber doesn't get fanarts unless he is with the rest of his group. However, he has several of official artworks, like this: http://wallpapers.latestscreens.com/1024x768/bomberman/bomberman-06.jpg

Which reminds me....
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/FlasheyFlash/Wallpaper.jpg

THIS IMAGE. Plasma Bomber.
It's really strange to see other fiendish bombers (excepting Pretty Bomber and Golem Bomber) in an official artwork, aside from the original guide/manual artwork which is always repeated over and over again....
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I remember those wallpapers. I always found the second one to be kind of ironic in that Plasma was supposed to be the fastest of the group (at least, in SB2).

It is also pretty weird to see Golem featured so prominently in official wallpapers. Maybe these were released at around the same time that Saturn Bomberman Fight!! was released? I don't remember.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#12  Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Really? I've never noticed any difference among the characters of speed on SB2 (only in the machine boss battles.) But Plasma Bomber HAS TO BE speedy, even in the Bomberman Bakugaiden game for the SNES he changes positions awfully fast!

And probably you are right, because I don't think Hudson is interest on releasing fanart of old characters, unless they are planning to recycle put them again into a new game
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:45 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I always found the second one to be kind of ironic in that Plasma was supposed to be the fastest of the group (at least, in SB2).

Pretty tripped him.
Shh...
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Bomberman Bakugaiden game for the SNES

What "Bomberman Bakugaiden game"?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ventricle wrote:
Quote:
Bomberman Bakugaiden game for the SNES

What "Bomberman Bakugaiden game"?

This one game for the SNES that was based on the Bomberman Bakugaiden anime.

I played it through emulation once but I was quite younger and didn't know what the hell was going on so yeah.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
There's a SNES game based on the Bakugaiden anime? How come I've never seen it documented anywhere?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think the Bakugaiden anime was later then the SNES Bomberman B-Daman games... so no, I don't think there was an SNES game based upon it.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#18  Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
I played that game through emulation too, so I'm not sure about the date release.

Oh.... And it's Bomberman B-Daman for SNES (It's not based on the anime.) Sorry, my mistake.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1760s
Index - Back to Top