Anime Discussions
[Replies: 223]  [Views: 46144]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

HienFan
Bomberman

Post#181  Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm more of the character development and adventure genre really but harem and fanservice are almost always a huge turn off for me even if the show has that genre and even if that show is really good too much of those two might be really uncomfortable for me to consider watching

Edit: Finished watching Kanon, such a beautiful show...
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#182  Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys.

Long overdue anime post!

I had a very weak winter season but here goes....

~Winter 2012 Results~

Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"
Amusing series of shorts where Kana Asumi plays an Osakan sister with a weird way of thinking. I thought it was funny and I like the actress and her character. Animation is almost non-existent flash though. It is not a pretty show.

Tamako Market
Kyo-Ani fluff show with cute characters. Enjoyed it because it appeals to my tastes. The oddball bird character is hit or miss with people. I thought he provided some good laughs to the show. Without him it would've just been moe' fluff so the dash of comedy helped keep it interesting! Loved the ED song too.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Last season's Shaft show. Starts off WEIRD but interesting. About halfway through it loses a lot of steam and the ending wasn't too satisfying to me but it was an okay show. I love Shaft's bizarre styling. Kana Asumi was the lead character in this show too. I hear her a lot lately which is great, but it might become troublesome to hear her in almost every show I watch.... lol

I had started Psycho-Pass and it's been stalled long term after 6 episodes. No idea when I'll get around to it.

I've also badly stalled Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
I liked the first season well enough but the 2nd half wasn't appealing to me much. I still want to finish it but I haven't been able to motivate myself.

Now onto.....
~Spring 2013~

My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute 2
Oh yeah! Been waiting for this awhile. Enjoyed the first season and I'm liking this one so far! Good laughs and interesting episodes. Best part is the supporting characters. I just hope Kuroneko will get a lot of focus in the 2nd half of the season. Best girl...

Muromi-San on the Shore
Picked this one up randomly. Show starts off hilarious and has continued to be pretty good so far. It's basically a slapstick comedy about a guy that always goes fishing at a dock and catches a mermaid who in turn starts hanging around him all the time and making his life chaotic. Lots of funny side characters too. Opening song is also great. Episodes are only 15 minutes each. A weekly pleasure!

Yuyushiki
A friends recommendation for me. Slice o life girls school comedy. I've seen tons of these. It's funny and pretty similar to Yuru Yuri. 2 of the same VAs lol. Not much happens in this show so it's probably just for fans of the genre.

I'm also still watching the on-going Chibi Devi. Just watched the 50th episode this week.... I had no idea it was gonna be this long when I started it over a year ago. Ouch...

Also working a a shorts series called Cyclops Shoujo Saipu!
Nothing special...

Still might add a few more shows as the season goes on. We'll see how things go.

So that's what I've been up to seasonally. Other then that have watched some enjoyable stuff as,
~Side Projects~

Silver Fang
Holy cow! This show was awesome! One of the best shows I've seen in a looong time.

It's an old show from the 80's its about a small dog that becomes a bear hunting dog after watching his father get killed by a bear. He's out for revenge and gathers an army of dogs from across the country to defeat the bear and his allies. Totally awesome cast and characters. Ridiculously good soundtrack, Epic fight scenes that are violent, Lots of manly spirit... very addicting! I watched the 21 episodes in 3 sittings that flew by.

If anyone checks it out I'd only mention 2 quick things. It's kind of ridiculous so be ready for some over the top ridiculous awesome action and keep in mind that the show is over 25 years old, and it looks it.

Wolf Children
Great film about a mother forced to raise her "special" children on her own. Packs an emotional punch. Loved this one.

Also watched the somewhat new Makoto Shinkai film Children who chase lost voices
It was pretty good but I prefer his depressing romantic dramas. This feel a lot like a Studio Ghibli movie so it's easy to enjoy.

Almost missed your edit Hein! lol

I loved Kanon. It is indeed a beautiful show. Fantastic story. Gorgeous animation.

What was your favorite arc/arcs? My favorites were Shiori and Ayu. Shiori arc was my favorite and Ayu was my favorite character. I'd put Makoto's arc at 3rd favorite. They were all great though.

I still gotta tackle Air and Clannad this year too.

In other news I'll be going to anime Boston in about a week for the weekend so I'm sure I'll come home with more new stuff to watch!

And hopefully a few cute figures! Ha ha
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#183  Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Shiori's arc is my favourite.

Welp time to continue Clannad and I will mention which arc is my favourite. I can say that Fuko is my least favourite character though

Edit: I probably should shut my mouth in case a certain angry someone fire at me about talking too much of the same thing but dang I watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles OVA last night. The first episode is not to my liking since it hardly has the turtles in their actual form only in their horrid borderline human form and these daft generic fairies with awful voices.

Krang and Mikey's JP voices are pretty bad as well as a note.

But episode 2 is better since they only transform in the last 9 minutes in not so unsettling forms but gees this is the only time I can see them in older animation in Japan(since I bet all cartoon and anime will be digital forever for the rest of my life or worse never go back long after I die pfft this is making me upset again) they should have stuck something better than this sentai crap
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#184  Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
And two months of nothing later.

Saw the Cyborg 009 film. The classic one from the 80s not the 2012 one. It's pretty enjoyable and the production is better than the two series that came before it(though not as good as the 2001 which I plan to see once I'm done with Fate/Stay Night)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#185  Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice Hien!
Enjoy Fate/Stay Night?
If so you'll definitely have to check out the prequel anime Fate/Zero. I thought they were both awesome!

As for me I've pretty much wrapped up my....

~Spring 2013~ season...

Mostly listed in order of most to least favorites.

My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute 2
Enjoyed it. Can't wait for the final episodes! I've decided to go to Otakon this year, so I very well might be going to the world premiere of the finale being hosted there. Though that could be interesting and/or awkward sitting in a room with 1000+ people with mixed feelings regarding how it could end. Thankfully I still haven't spoiled the light novel ending for myself so I wanna see how it ends via the anime first.

Muromi-San on the Shore
very funny show first few eps were the best but I still enjoyed it every week. I will miss it.

The Miyakawa Family's hunger
Picked this up late in the game. A series of shorts that's a lucky star spinoff. likeable characters and fairly funny. Mostly jokes about poverty but I found it charming.

Yuyushiki
A solid show. A bit repetitive and not much happens. I'd only recommend it to fans of the genre. I really liked the last episode though for some reason.

Cyclops Shoujo Saipu!
Nothing to write home about. A series of shorts focusing mostly on incest jokes.

I haven't started any new shows yet. Still kind of looking through what's out there. I looked through this chart and I'm not seeing a whole lot that interests me....

http://i4.minus.com/ibmLELbCivOxPY.jpg

What I'm considering....
~Summer 2013~

Recorder to Randoseru
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9802
I recently watched all the other material from this series and it wasn't bad. So I could watch some more.

Servant X Service
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9798
I've been reading around that this is similar to working so it's starting to catch my interest.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9042
I'll probly check this out cause Fate and Type/Moon but I have mixed feelings going in....
I guess it depends how it plays out...

Watashi ga Motenai aka "It's not my fault I'm not popular!"
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9582
My buddy has been raving the manga for this for awhile now so I'm gonna check it out too since he's so excited. I don't know the source material but I like the character designs, premise and voice cast. main girl is also a new face to me. Anyway pretty interested in this one.

That's about it right now.

Other stuff I've recently finished

Tweeny Witches
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1607
fun show different take on "magical girl" Very artsy too I can thank Studio 4C for that. ha ha

Waiting in the Summer
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8620
Great show! Blends a lot of genres well. Awesome characters too. Loved this one!

Kamisama Kiss
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9298
Solid little show. Right off the bat it gave me Fruits Basket vibes and kept that feel throughout. It's been a long time since I watched this kind of show so I enjoyed it. Nice change of pace for me.

Kokoro Connect Specials ~Michi Random~
Finally got around to the ova specials that have the full ending to the series. Liked the series quite a bit. Loved the ending even more. Don't know why it took me so long to watch it.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#186  Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Enjoying it so far especially after the last battle with Rider

Though I like Tsukihime Lunar Legends more

Finished Clannad completely, eh it's good but I like Kanon better

It probably varies but the cheap(yes there were some foreshadowing but after seeing the Toei film and Grave of Fireflies...) ending and the first few eps of After Story ruined it a bit for me

I swore I had a friend who like Muromi-san the art style is a bit odd but who knows

Added Cyborg 009 2001 and Anohana to my schedule when I was still on Clannad After Story.

I like Cyborg 009 a lot, SciFi yay

AnoHana is alright but Menma bothers me, I know she has the mentality of a kid thanks to the fact she died as a child but I couldn't really like her and I'm 60% through that show now and my opinion is still the same

Trying out Gundam Wing after a long long delay, I like mecha and the Gundam Warriors games so who knows how this might turn out
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#187  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Glad to hear it Hien! The Rider battle was pretty good. The later fights with Berserker are my favorites in Fate/Staynight.

Overall I liked Fate more then Tsukihime but only slightly since Tsukihime is also one of my favorite shows. I always have a hard time picking my favorite characters in Tsukihime. I usually narrow it down to Arcueid and Hisui.

I really havent seen much Cyborg 009 material. I read a bit of manga years ago. It's oldschool art style was always interesting to me, but I never got into the series as a whole...

While I did like Anohana back when it was airing I do think it's become a bit over-rated. It's drama was also a bit overdone and forced at times to me, but there were plenty of nice moments too. Naruko was probly my favorite of the girls and Testudou was a great character too.

As for me recently I'm delving into the new season. I'll make another post in the next couple days going into my usual detail. I still need to try out Fate Prisma Illya and watch a few more eps of Fantasista Doll. Overall I should have about 5-6 shows I'm watching this season.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#188  Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
I will always prefer Ciel in Tsukihime that's for sure, I like tomboyish girls

I also read the Cyborg 009 manga, I find it a bit dull (and god Joe's eyes in the earlier chapters are god awful huge)

Anohana is rather over the top and ridiculous always resorting to tears and screaming in those moment and so many too. Kanon is way better at those moments a lot more subtle

That's what bothers me in a lot of newer show I ended up not enjoying actually not subtle at all, too dumbed down and overall too over the top in what they are messaging for the viewers

Just finished Fate/Stay Night. Gotta say I really love the music as well
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#189  Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Tried Natsuyuki Rendevous and finished it
It's kinda so so for the most part but I like the last few eps

On Sword Art Online.
I'm going to say that it's premise is really contrived, dude decided to lock everyone in for no good reason and kills lots of people in the process yet no one in the outside world knows about it
I'm gonna bet it's gonna get worse for some reason

Edit: Finished Sword Art online, I have to say it's so bad it's good for me at times(the romance part) while other moments I like, I like it better than AnoHana anyway
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#190  Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow, so I haven't posted in here in quite awhile. I'm still watching tons of stuff though ha ha. I just gotta start getting caught up on here...

So I'll start with What I did last season

~Summer 2013~

What I watched or tried in order of my most favorite to least....

Kinmoza! AKA Golden Mosaic
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9579

Awesome slice of life fluff comedy. It's like many other school girls 4 koma adaptations. This one's twist is that 2 of the girls are blond English girls and the rest are Japanese. There was some funny engrish along the way. Great songs too!

Watamote AKA No Matter how I look at it it's you guys fault I'm not popular!
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9582

Hilarious show! Main girl is awesome. Her personality and inner monologues make the show. Though it can be a bit depressing watching her struggle... She reminds me of myself when I was in high school. main difference being i was not trying to become popular. lol

Servant X Service
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9798

Fun slice of life comedy that starts turning into a romance later on. The main guy was actually my favorite character his laid back personality was great. The Opening song to this was probably my favorite of the season.

Recorder and Randsell 3
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9802

More of the same. it's okay. 3 minute shorts.

Fantasista Doll
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9365

Show's plot did nothing for me and was a chore to watch most of the time. Character designs were nice and animation was solid. It's too bad really. Most of the conflicts in the show seemed pointless.

Fate/Prisma Illya
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9042

I only watched the first episode and hated it. I've since let it stall. I'm gonna have a hard time picking it back up but I think I'll try to at some point.

Tomorrow I'll try to get back on here and talk about this season and other recent projects.

Later!
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#191  Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Why hey the main male(I think, if you are talking about Yutaka) in Servant X Service has curtain bangs I love curtain bangs and bangs that face downwards instead of side swept or upwards

A friend of mine in another forum liked Watamote maybe I should try it myself.

Now for other anime I watched
Tari Tari- Cute little slice of life about five students in a music club, it's obnoxiously bright with the lightings though

Tamayura More Aggresive- also a cute show will watch the OVA and Hitotose

Gundam Wing- I liked mecha and I'm liking this

Gundam Seed- Same deal but I'm still really early we shall see

Cyborg 009- Quite ahead of the show and I love it

Zetsuen no tempest- Interesting premise but oh my god the character colouring it's overly bright and shiny, I also hate Mahiro and his sister but Yoshino is okay

Victorian Romance Emma- Nice show.

K-on movie- pretty cute
Spoiler:
although I wish there was more in England only 1/3rd of the film was in it

Nerawareta Gakuen- Eh it's dull and average, it's nice to look at other than the glare abuse but two of the four main characters bother me, one of them acts like your everyday retarded harem hero and the other is an extremely abrasive tsundere who beats the first dude over nothing

Pom Poko- Hate it dropped it after 5 minutes that's just how bad it is

The cat returns- Average, it's hideous for a Ghibli film with no shading as well and the story about the cat wanting to marry the girl to his son is creepy

Nausicaa Valley of the Wind- Nice film, adventures and magical worlds

Other shows I will watch in the future
Tamayura OVA, Tamayura Hitotose, Uchuu show e youkoso, K-on, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and 2003, Hyoka
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#192  Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ha ha, yeah Hien! Yutaka Hasabe was the guy I was talking about. Best character in the show.

I think Watamote! is a great series. It kind of comes off as built for a certain audience though I've read people like it for different reasons. On one side you have the crowd that associates or sympathizes with Tomoko (The main character) and on the other hand you have the people that enjoy the humor aspect of her failure to fit in with people. (I'd fall in with the former group) So I guess you have people that can laugh at themselves and people who just like to laugh at others' misfortune.

I've been interested in watching Tari Tari at some point. Those types of shows are almost always up my alley.

I watched the original OVA for Tamayura and enjoyed its relaxed atmosphere and scenery. I've been sitting on the first TV series "Hitotose" for awhile now but haven't gotten to it yet. When I do I'm sure "More Aggressive" will follow shortly after.
However if you liked that show for its atmosphere I'd definitely recommend "Non Non Biyori" from this season which I'll talk about more in a bit.

I love K-On! Such a cute fun show. The movie was an awesome finish to the series and I do miss it.

Nausicaa is also a great movie, probably still my favorite Ghibli film of all the ones I've seen so far. (about 8 of them I believe?) Mononoke and Porco Rosso are right behind.

I've had Hyouka on my queue for awhile too. Looks interesting. It'll probably be picking up on that once I've knocked out some more of my stalled list.

Soooooooooo.........
~On to Fall 2013~

This is looking to be a great season. I had a light season this past summer so I wanted to try upping the ante and seeing if I could watch more this time around. So far, I'm glad I have!

Let's start with my favorite so far

Non Non Biyori
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9722
This is my usual girls slice o' life light comedy. A fine replacement for last season's Kinmoza! This one takes place in the countryside where there isn't much society. No close stores etc. The school has 5 kids in it all mixed grades. So the girls are different ages. It's a very relaxing feel good kind of show with beautiful backgrounds and scenery. Plenty of laughs and smiles to be had. Lovin' it!

Golden Time
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9771
4 episodes in and so far this is shaping up to be a good romance show with some good comedy bits and perhaps some drama on the way. Yui Horie plays the main girl.

Galilei Donna
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9966
I liked the premise for this show and the first episode was awesome, but it's gonna feel too short and rushed since it's only gonna have 11 episodes. Action scenes are pretty good and I love the character designs. Overall a solid enjoyable show for me.

Nagi no Asukara
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9387
So this show has great animation but the setting and premise are kind of weird what with the whole underwater village people interacting with surface people thing going on. That aside it looks like it's gonna turn out to be a solid romance drama. Great voice cast too.

Outbreak Company
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9855
After reading the premise for this show early on I went in with low expectations but, it's really taken me by surprise! It's quite funny, has cute characters, and it's telling a fairly serious story that I'm starting to get into. I hope it keeps up! This is like my sleeper hit of the season right now.

Walkure Romance
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9931
On the other hand this show surprised me in the opposite way. I liked the premise quite a bit and the animation I saw in the preview caught my eye. The first two episodes were pretty trashy and full of fan-service. A couple of the characters are annoying too. I was on the verge of dropping it but the 3rd and 4th episodes have been much better. The story is starting to kick in and it has toned down the ecchi, at least for now. So while its nothing special its worked its way back up to mediocrity. I'll continue watching for now and see how it goes.

Wanna be the strongest in the world!
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9794
Here's and interesting show. ha ha. It's about an idol that decides she wants to become a pro wrestler! I tried the first episode on a whim and it was surprisingly decent. I haven't gotten to anymore yet so I can't say much else right now but it was better then I thought it was gonna be.

Also this season I have 2 shorts that have been enjoyable so far.

Super Seishun Brothers
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10007
Cute show about two pairs of brother and sister who are opposites from each other but are close pals and its just them hanging out. funny sometimes.

Miss Monochrome
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10023
So a Yui Horie concert mascot gets her own anime. lmao! Yui Horie playing the main character of course. It's pretty funny and pokes fun at veteran voice actresses in the industry. While funny it is black humor. The first few episodes were the best so far but it's continued to entertain me each week.

So altogether I've got 9 shows I'm watching from this season thus far (2 of which are shorts) and I'm still considering adding a couple more. The two I'm considering the most are

Unbreakable Machine Doll
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9665

and
Kyoukai no Kanata
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9518

As for some other recent stuff I just finished

Kill Me Baby!
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8552
A wacky random comedy series. Though its clearly low budget I still enjoyed it.

Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9341
Great show I had kept hearing/reading good things about. Love the characters and it was consistently funny. Around the middle though it starting jumping all over the place and got a bit hard to follow for me when it really started pushing its contemporary fantasy element. The main thing that disappointed me about this series is that right as it finally explains whats going on and how the characters got where they are it abruptly ends. I'd really like to see another season to this show.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#193  Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Tried Working!! I cannot get past the first ep really really unsubtle it the slapstick and I suspect I will see this many many times since this is season 2

I will admit I like the older Ghibli films better over the computer coloured ones(except Pom Poko urg)

Finished
Tamayura OVA and Hitotose- More relaxing cute girls doing cute things, Norie is my favourite character she's so silly
Welcome to the space show- One of A-1 Picture better anime of all the stuff I seen I like the creative scenery and the two main girls interaction
Natsuiro Kiseki- The main theme reminds me of Fairly Odd Parents(make a wish, wish is not the way they want it to be) admittedly but I especially like the ending I did not expect them to went down that road.

Watching
A certain scientific Railgun- Only seen four eps at the moment, Kuroko is absolutely hilarious
Servant and Service- Another slapstick like Working!! I only seen one ep but I love Yutaka Hasabe he's absolutely hilarious and nutty and I usually dislike the main male in slapstick with a fair amount of characters
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#194  Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know I'm looking forward to Tamayura at some point. I liked the original OVA. cute girls doing cute things is always good for me.

Seeing as how you liked it I'd still recommend Non Non Biyori from this season.

Servant X Service did definitely give me mild Working! vibes but the cast was considerably different for sure. I liked both quite a bit but I probably prefer the Working! series as a whole. its definitely because of the girls..

I'm falling behind on the current season as I've been too tired from working waaay too many hours.

I am going to be watching the Madoka Magica movies this weekend. Gonna refresh my memory of the series with the first 2 tomorrow night then Saturday a couple buddies and I are gonna watch the 3rd one at a theater. Probly gonna be an awesome day.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#195  Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I dunno I don't like Inami(especially I hate anyone who beat others up constantly) and Popura(or that dude who sometimes end up in drags with the Popura fetish) of Working!
Razon
Board Admin

Post#196  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
So I believe it goes without saying, but this anime post by me has been long overdue. A long 2 years overdue in-fact, as I'll be covering 8 anime seasons in total in this post. The length of this topic has doubled since I made my last post in the topic at the end of 2011, which really goes to show just how long it's been.

It all started with me getting behind on making my seasonal anime post for summer 2011, which was followed by me not watching the entire fall 2011 anime season until early 2012 when it was already over. This was a result of me having spent my time watching older animes instead, and the idea of being able to watch all of the episodes for the shows back to back was interesting at the time.

I eventually got fully caught up on all of the new seasonal animes towards the end of summer 2012, which is also when I went back to watching the new seasonal anime episodes weekly. However by that point I was already behind a whole year on my seasonal anime posts, which is quite the intimidating amount to post about. Especially since I watch around 50 seasonal animes per year on average, not including ovas, movies or any older series that I may watch.

This led to me further procrastinating making my anime post for another year, and is also why I hadn't posted in this anime topic for all this time. Though I did talk a little bit about each season in the chat with Regulus throughout that time.

As I reached the point of getting behind on my anime posts by a full 2 years, I decided to finally make the effort and get the post made before the next anime season is over. After having had this happen, I definitely won't be putting off making my seasonal posts anymore.

Though it has been a long time since I watched most of these shows, so unfortunately I won't have as much to say about the older animes since too much time has passed since I originally watched them.

When you watch so many animes, the newer ones tend to drown out the older ones. Even if a show was really good and left an impression, detailed opinions and comparisons for it are less likely to stand the test of time in such a scenario.

So without any further delay, here is my long belated anime post for the last 8 anime seasons, from fall 2011 to summer 2013. The shows are ordered from most to least favorite, top to bottom for each season as usual.

Fall 2011
Bakuman S2 (sequel)
Fate/Zero
Working!! (sequel)
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (sequel)
Morita-San wa Mukuchi 2 (sequel)
Chihayafuru
Ben-To
Persona 4 The Animation
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown

Fate/Zero (recommended)
A nice and serious anime, that has some good story and action. I liked it much better than any previous fate animes, and I would certainly recommend it.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) (recommended)
This is a reboot of the hunter x hunter anime, as the original one is over a decade old and didn't finish the story because the manga was and is still ongoing. This is a classic series that's often thought of as one of the best shounen manga out there, and for good reason. As it's very entertaining, the world has well established systems, there's a lot of adventure, plot progression and character development, and when there's fights they normally get fought with intellect. Just like I recommended the 1999 anime before, I also highly recommend the 2011 version, especially since the story progresses farther than the previous adaption and the art is better. You can read a comparison between the 1999 and 2011 version here, though I normally just recommend watching the 2011 version even though the 1999 version was good too.

Winter 2012
Natsume Yuujinchou Shi (sequel)
Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Recorder to Ransel Do
Another

Natsume Yuujinchou Shi (recommended)
If you liked the first 2 seasons then you'll definitely like this one too, as usual I recommend checking the series out if you haven't seen it. It still continues to be entertaining, though it lacks some of those touching moments similar to what the first season had.

Spring 2012
Fate/Zero (2012) (sequel)
Space Brothers
Natsu-iro Kiseki
Kingdom
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
AKB0048
Hyouka
Saint Seiya Omega
Jormungand
Ozuma
Kuromajo-san ga Tooru!!
Eureka Seven Ao
Zetman
Recorder to Ransel Re
Acchi Kocchi
Tsuritama
Mirai Nikki

Space Brothers (recommended)
This show is pretty good, it starts at a good pace but it starts to slow down over time. The show was originally only supposed to be around the 50 episode range, but it did well so they didn't stop there and it became a long running anime. As a result of this, the pace has slowed down a quite a bit more so that they don't catchup with the manga. If you haven't seen it, it's worth at least checking out the first few episodes.

Natsu-iro Kiseki
I enjoyed the show, it was pretty good slice of life anime with a twist.

Kingdom
The story for the show was entertaining, however the anime is plagued with horrible CGI. It completely ruined the experience, and the few episodes or times that they actually used normal art was a tease that made you wish the entire anime was like that. They probably lost a lot of people who dropped the show because of the CGI, if you're interested in this series then it would probably be better to read the manga for the first season of this anime instead.

Summer 2012
Yuru Yuri 2 (sequel)
Moyashimon Returns
Sword Art Online
Joshiraku
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Tari Tari
Kokoro Connect

Yuru Yuri 2 (recommended)
Another great season of the show, the story seemed more random than the first season.

Sword Art Online
The first half of the series had a lot of side stories, and then around the end of the first half they ended the main story just when it started getting interesting. The second half of the series is typical generic anime with fanservice, and it isn't worth your time really. If you do plan to watch it, then after episode 14 you could just skip straight to episode 25.

Fall 2012
Gintama (2012) (sequel)
Bakuman 3 (sequel)
Ixion Saga DT
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Psycho-pass
Hayate no Gotoku! CTMEOY (sequel)
RoboticsNotes
Girls and Panzer
Jormungand Perfect Order
Kami-sama Hajimemashita
Code Breaker
Shinsekai Yori

Gintama (2012)
They didn't continue the story properly, it was short and they skipped a lot of chapters from the manga. They mainly only adapted serious chapters, and not the comedy ones which this series is well known for.

Bakuman 3
This is the final season for the show, they chose a good time to finish the story as it was starting to get a bit old.

Hayate no Gotoku! CTMEOY
This had an anime original story, so it wasn't very good. They need to make a proper sequel, and continue the story from the manga where the second season left off.

Winter 2013
The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke
Yahari Ore no Seishun Lovecome wa Machigatte Iru
AKB0048 Next Stage (sequel)
Ore no Imouto S2
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next (sequel)
Cuticle Tantei Inaba
Love Live! School Idol Project
Tamako Market
Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun
GJ-bu
Kotoura-san
Yama no Susume

The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke
If you're interested in watching this show then I would recommend watching the original series Zettai Karen Children first, since this is side story for it. I watched the original series around halfway through watching this show, and it was pretty good. It certainly made me more interested in this show, considering that I knew what the backstory to what was going on.

Spring 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties (sequel)
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Suisei no Gargantia
Arata Kangatari
Red Data Girl
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Ketsuekigata-kun!

Shingeki no Kyojin (recommended)
Attack on titan gets off to a good start and it was relatively entertaining, it had some good action and a nice soundtrack to go along with it.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
Another great season, if you liked the first season of the show then you'll like this one too. It's a bit more serious than the first season, and it has some decent action at times.

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties
This season has some anime original story, but they mix in random chapters from the manga related to each character. So it wasn't as bad as the previous season, which was an entirely anime original story.

Hataraku Maou-sama!
The show started off as a decent comedy and seemed like it had potential, but around the halfway point they started re-using the same jokes, and the story became lackluster as well.

Summer 2013
Kingdom (2013) (sequel)
Kiniro Mosaic
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Gin no Saji
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Genei o Kakeru Taiyou
Gatchaman Crowds
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou
Makai Ouji Devils and Realist
Uchouten Kazoku
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu
Recorder to Ransel Mi (sequel)
Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 2 (sequel)

Kingdom (2013)
For this season they got rid of the majority of the CGI, which is what ruined the first season for a lot of people. So most of the show is using regular art now, though it can be a bit poorly drawn at times early on. And they do still use CGI when there's a lot that needs to be animated, but it's acceptable now since it looks and blends in far better than it did in the first season.

Kiniro Mosaic (recommended)
A cute slice of life comedy show, if you're a fan of those kind of shows then I would recommend it.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
The show was pretty good, if you're a fan of the fate series in general then you'll probably like it.

Gin no Saji
As a fan of the harvest moon franchise, I've always been interested in seeing a good farming anime. Though this is a bit different as it's based around an agriculture school, and it tries to touch on a more serious subject. But it was still relatively entertaining, which is to be expected since it's from the creator of the FMAB series.

Thus concludes my long belated anime post. I'll be covering any ongoing animes that I'm still watching in my next post, along with the fall 2013 anime season which is almost over.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#197  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well Met sir!

That must've been quite a haul to make there.

Kinmoza was definitely one of my favorites last season too! I'm still listening to it's OP and ED all the time. lol

I saw Boku wo Tomodachi in those lists. I watched the 2 seasons almost back to back after they were finished a bit earlier this year and I really enjoyed them a lot. I love pretty much all the characters and found it quite funny. We'll definitely need at least 1 more season of it though... Otherwise I feel my opinion of the series will wain over time as it feels incomplete...

Some others you mentioned I also watched and enjoyed (at least moderately)
Oreimo 2 (I saw the world premiere of the specials at Otakon this year, so awesome!)
Tamako Market (cute!)
Kami-sama Hajimemashita
Yuru Yuri (Hilarious!)
Kokoro Connect (great concept)
Sword Art Online (starts great, but yeah 2nd half is WTF? His sister is my fav girl tho)
Acchi Kocchi (Cute and Funny!)
Fate/Zero (Badass!)
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Hilarious!)
Working! 2 (liked even more then first!)
Squid Girl 2 (but not as good as first...)
Ben-To (mainly only first half...)

We'll see ya in a few weeks then. I'll be making my post as well!
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#198  Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I remember the second half of SAO, soooo much damn fanservice yeesh. At least the harem in the first part was a good source of so bad it's good comedy

I like fairies but I do not need the heroine to go into chickfidication, get kidnapped and harassed by the villain

Watching A Certain Scientific Railgun, Tamako Market and Someday's Dreamer

The first one is alright so far if a little too much fanservice(KUROKO!), the second I shall see more but I don't like that bird and the last I'm definetly liking it
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#199  Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah the first half of Sword Art Online was definitely better. The action and boss fights were awesome! Suguha was my favorite character though and she was more prominent in the 2nd half. My favorite girl in the first half was Lizbeth. Wish she got more screen time.

I see the 2nd season has finally been announced. I have a feeling I'll end up watching it though my feelings are mixed about continuing this series.. Miyuki Sawashiro is playing the new girl though so.....
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10376

I watched the first half of Railgun and still need to eventually finish it. It was a solid show but Kuroko definitely annoyed me. I didn't like her very much, and she made watching the show feel like a chore sometimes.

Tamako Market I watched while it was airing and I remember enjoying it though the show doesn't have much substance. I liked the atmosphere, cute characters and got some laughs out of it. I actually like Dera the bird. I thought he added some nice comic relief to the show. He was kind of a ridiculous character though.

Someday's Dreamers I haven't seen though i have stumbled upon it on anidb a few times.

I'll be posting my seasonal stuff in a few more days, just gotta get Sekai de Ichiban finished (mehhhh....) and catch up on Nagi no Asukara.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#200  Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Will try season 2. Scenery in the anime is very good

Though I have to wonder if the relationstuff will overpower everything else like the second half did. The first half I have to admit did have actual good moments like the purple haired girl

Edit: Saw Megaman X Day of Sigma. It's short but really good. Wish the X series had an anime really

For some reason I decided to actually watch Ao no Exorcist. It's okay so far will continue to watch more episodes
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 10 of 12 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3012s
Index - Back to Top