It sucked! D<
 0%  [ 0 ]
WTF is Turkey Day? :/
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes: 6

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
I realize that not everyone on this board celebrates it, but today is Thanksgiving (or as some affectionately (and sometimes appropriately) call it, Turkey Day). But eh, I felt that a topic should be made anyway.

My bro and I just did what we usually do and we went over to our grandparents' house to celebrate with our family. We, of course, ate turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, biscuits, and all that kind of stuff. Then some of us went and played some rounds of BlazBlue for a while. One of my cousins actually brought his Nintendo 64 and we gamed on that for a little while. We didn't stick around for too long this time though, as there weren't too many people at this occasion, and some of them left early so we didn't bother to stick around much after 4 o'clock (in New England time lol). Then I went home and went on ye olde Bomberman Board. Over all, I guess you can say it was a good holiday, although it may have been more enjoyable if more of the family were around, I was a bit disappointed with how few of us were actually there.

So how did you spend your Thankgiving?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 am  Reply with quote + 
It was a good day. I practically dazed/half-slept through most of it. Interestingly, this was the first Thanksgiving meal I've ever eaten with both of my grandparents, as well as my great grandmother (yes I mean both, it's a small famiy). Later on my brother showed up too.

I always liked Thanksgiving. You get to see everybody, and all you have to do is eat and talk/listen. Christmas is good, but the family gathering is even smaller then.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:47 am  Reply with quote + 
a good day just close family members one person brought a turkey other person brought a ham then we all played poker and got drunk all in all it was a good day...lots of leftovers for tomorow
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 am  Reply with quote + 
I did our family thing with my brother SSJ-Sonic as he stated.

Afterwords my cousin and I headed out on our own to my place for a little bit and played some games. Then I went over to his place and had a few drinks and just chilled with him. I came home around 1 in the morning.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I did our family thing with my brother SSJ-Sonic as he stated.

Afterwords my cousin and I headed out on our own to my place for a little bit and played some games. Then I went over to his place and had a few drinks and just chilled with him. I came home around 1 in the morning.

Blah, sounds like you two had fun (much unlike me lol). I wished I could've hung out with you guys, but I have work tonight (and the store's going to be a living hell too thanks to being Black Friday. Hopefully, the store is actually closed when we start working or it won't get done. I can almost guarantee that).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Decent day here. We were going to go to my wife's brother or sister's house for a late meal but then she had to work, so we opted out. That was actually A++ because I did not want to go anyways. Her sister is a big too judgmental. Sadly, that meant my wife worked that night, and no holiday pay. But, she didn't go in until midnight so that was cool.

We had dinner at the house, as her mom decided to cook the night before. Standard turkey and all that, tasty stuff. I had like 8 deviled eggs and it was horrible the next day for my wife. lol

Saturday we did go to her brother's house tho, last minute bbq. I mostly played my DS, making weird music. People from the living room kept trying to discern where it was coming from, until brother-in-law told them it was me. hehe Then drove her dad back to TN. Overall was not too bad really. Not having to leave the house much from Wed at noon when I got off work until Sat evening was pretty much win in a box.
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Compared to thanksgiving, other holidays are pretty gay.

I have so many good Thanksgiving memories from over the years.

One year, my aunt asked, "what are you thankful for?" My cousin responds, "absolutely nothing!" HA HA HA. Count it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1502s
Index - Back to Top