BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What games are you playing/looking forward to?
[Replies: 188]  [Views: 40044]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#21  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah most of my family lives around this area. I have aunts and cousins from my mom's side in Oklahoma and Tennesee but most of us are in Rhode Island. I've met them all. They try to visit us up here every few years.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
CrystalBomber wrote:
Yeah, I still don't have a PSP, maybe someday I'll get one *shrug*. A lot of times I'm unsatisfied with the controls of the DS. A lot of times I feel like the problem is they're trying to get you to play games you'd use a joystick for with a D-pad/the stylus.

The PSP has this circular thing on it thats kind of like a joystick but it doesn't pop out on a stick. You can just shift it in different directions. I looks like it would work well for 3D games but i haven't played any on PSP yet. I usually like to keep my handheld games simple. I don't like anything with too much action cause it exhausts my wrists and it's harder to focus and perform well on a handheld system's screen isntead of a tv like in fighting games for example.

I've played some 3D games on the PSP. The "stick" works pretty well with it, although I will admit it's a tad bit weird to use at first, but it becomes natural after a while. So far, the only real games I've really used the "stick" for is Disgaea (I find using the stick more comfortable for moving around the tiles, personally) and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (Plus also if you'd really consider that to be a different game).

I can agree with you as to why certain games are better on a TV (fighting games are a definite for TV). However, I've played countless platformers and action games on handhelds and I can safely say it's never really bothered me too much (besides my hands getting uncomfortable after a while of use, but when doesn't that happen with handhelds?). The most problems I've ever had with a handheld game of that calibur is if the graphics are too dark or just hard to see, but that's it. With that said, I've yet to play a game like Devil May Cry on a handheld, so once I do, I'll let you know how Il think of those kind of games then.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:20 am  Reply with quote + 
I played Zelda OoT and Bomberman Land Touch most recently alongside Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I'm looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy 2
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Formula 1 2009 for the Wii

The last F1 game was based on the '06 season, dunno why its taken so long to get a new one out
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I rented the game before and I got stuck on this one level. I'm also looking forward to Bomberman Land Wii.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Don't you mean Prime Trilogy?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:

What do you mean?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Shirobon Kid wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:

What do you mean?

He means MP3 has been out for a pretty decent amount of time... Metroid Prime Trilogy is a remake of the first 2 primes with MP3 controls and a re-release of MP3 that will come out this year (I think). Saying you're looking forward to games that are easily obtainable is a tad strange... though I look forward to old games every week... so it's not that strange.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#29  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
I look forward to alot of older games too. Sometimes its just finding the time to play soemething that makes you look forward to it. Like if you're finally getting a vacation from work so you can do a replay on an rpg or something.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:04 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Shirobon Kid wrote:
Duke Serkol wrote:

What do you mean?

He means MP3 has been out for a pretty decent amount of time... Metroid Prime Trilogy is a remake of the first 2 primes with MP3 controls and a re-release of MP3 that will come out this year (I think).

...huh, first I've heard of this. I may have to try those when that comes around, seeing as I thought MP3's (lol MP3) controls were solid. But I probably won't, seeing as I could play Prime 1 or 2 whenever I wanted on the Wii anyway.

fireball87 wrote:
Saying you're looking forward to games that are easily obtainable is a tad strange... though I look forward to old games every week... so it's not that strange.

I don't find that be entirely true or strange. I mean, I'm looking forward to (eventually) getting some games that can be considered easy to obtain, like the other Ace Attorney games for instance. Plus I find that even GCN and older games are getting harder to come by now. Even PS2 games are starting to get a bit more difficult to find (good games and/or ones you're actually looking for, not PS2 games in general) now, although that may just be my area or something. For example, I sometimes try looking for the first Xenosaga (I hear they are good games, and it seems like it'd be up to my caliber anyway), but I can never seem to find the first one ever. XD

Regulus 777 wrote:
I look forward to alot of older games too. Sometimes its just finding the time to play soemething that makes you look forward to it.

I sometimes get into an older game kind of mood. Not all that often anymore though. I guess I'm more of a current gen kind of guy then older, especially considering I play my PS3 on a practically regular basis. Still, there are those moments where I may feel a NES or Genesis urge, or sometimes N64 or Dreamcast. I still need to eventually get a Super Nintendo and maybe get other things for show really, like Sega CD, 32x, Saturn, and maybe PC Engine too.

Reggy wrote:
Like if you're finally getting a vacation from work so you can do a replay on an rpg or something.

So I take it that's your plan for your next vacation? XD

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure what everyone is atlking about, but I'm getting Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii. That's it. No remake or anything, just the original game Metroid Primne 3: Corruption. I don't even know what remake you're even talking about. There's only one game.
Edit: Nevermind. I just looked up the game. I'm getting Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii. That is, when it comes out.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Reggy wrote:
Like if you're finally getting a vacation from work so you can do a replay on an rpg or something.

So I take it that's your plan for your next vacation? XD

Who knows? I was just using it as an example. My next vacation probably won't even be till the fall so it's a ways off but I don't plan on doing anything special. Just having a week off to myself to relax. No trips, maybe hang out with a friend 1-3 days. Other then that just relaxing at home. That's what I usually like to do on vacations.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#33  Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am  Reply with quote + 
There are misc things I am looking forward to off and on, not all games though they involve gaming. I have been wanting to get one of those 2 port n64 controller adapters for the PC so playing n64 games is as authentic as possible. Not done that yet since I've been dropping mad cash on paying off some credit cards first. They are like $15 on ebay sometimes, the make I want, but I make myself wait forever. Just ordered an acekard 2i to see how it does compared to my m3 simply. There is a homebrew music app that wont run on my simply for some reason. :( I have one 2 gb card filled up with music apps, samples, XM mod files, and all that noise. I am especially looking forward to new music apps, but it seems that all the new stuff besides homebrew will be hitting the DSi, so I have to get one of those to really have that fun. I mean making music, not guitar hero or elite beat agents type stuff. I found Electroplankton comes in a big hand for making interesting music. My brother was fiddling with it while I fiddled with some PC synth apps, so we had a jam of sorts. Nothing good but we had fun. We played Baldur's Gate 2 for the PS2 for like 6 or 8 hours before he left back for VA at the end of his several day stay. That was tops.

When I visit a buddy with a 360 we play random Xbox Live stuff. The last time we killed that game Cyborg Mouse Arena or whatever, the TMNT Turtles in Time game, then hit up some original Halo. More lately I have been playing Scribblenauts. Several people told me about it, so I had to try it. I really like it so far. Off and on I still will play Ninja Town and some others, but I'm a sporadic DS player really. The new Drawn to Life game due out at the end of October looks promising, though I have not beaten the first one yet. lol Such a slacker. The first one is probably the game I spent the most time on outside of the Bomberman games for DS and emulators.
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I used to love toying with PC synth stuff, now honestly I can't force myself to make a single acceptable song. I'd say old hobbies die hard but I think my draw to it was that of the new technologies behind it. That and the fact that I still consider it a hobby of mine even though it's been pushed to the back burners for a few years, I theorize I'll likely pick it up sooner or later (likely when I get a code project far enough to actually need music, I really need to force myself to complete things rather then just toy round entertaining myself with the newest and most radical of technologies/ideas to me).

As for scriblenauts It is one of the most amazing database games I have ever played and I enjoyed toying with it greatly. I love it for it's originality and for being well implemented. I still somewhat fear that other then a few minor throwbacks it's gameplay can not stand the test of time in my mind. It's a different kind of fun then the games I'm used to playing, and more the kind of fun I get from experimenting with new techs. ... Also it's control scheme is a tad infuriating at times, especially when you need to click on small objects and end up walking to them... often dieing.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#35  Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, looking over my first post I realize I have yet to complete any of the games I've lsited, though I have made ocnsiderable progress in some of them. I know my Disgaia characters are mostly well over level 500 now. I'm 3 quarters of the way through Ys Legacy, Hardly made any progress at all in Fire Emblem or Disgaia 2 though I was almost done Fire Emblem. I also hardly played Prinny or Alundra.....

As for what I'm currently working on I've been playing an old PS1 RPG called Beyond the Beyond, I'm about 10 hours in. I've been in more of an anime mood again these days so I've been putting more of my time into that obsession. I've also been playing an old PC Turnbased strategy game I used to love called Warlords 3. It took me forever to get it working properly on Windows XP since its an old 95-98 game. So I've been working on a campaign in that which has been a lot of fun.

Some games I'm looking forward to now that are actually on the horizon are the first English Sakura Wars game we're getting. Nippon Ichi is bringing over part 5 for PS2! I've always wanted to try one. They're a combination of a tactical RPG with Steam-powered mechas controlled by girls with psychic powers, and a sim game where you spend the off battle time interacting with the girls and boosting your relationship levels so you'll fight better together.

I also want to get the English release of Phantasy Star Zero for DS. I played the japanese import and was very impressed with it and it looks like it has an awesome in depth story with lots of dialogue.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#36  Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
My wife has a couple rpgs she has not even loaded up on the PS2 yet. She may not have even opened the packages. Her HP fandom and original fiction writing has kept her too busy on the PCs (yes she has two side by side). She was playing one of the Super Famicom Sailor Moon rpgs with translation patches but it does weird things on the DS emulator when she loads the save. I have played a couple DS rpgs here and there but I am horrible attention span wise. The last RPG I played long was years ago, and was SNES Earthbound. My wife easily kills me in her love of RPGs. When we first got together over 9 years back she was playing them all. I'd watch her for hours kill the monsters. lol
Bomberstar

Post#37  Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, i also have a handfull of games I have yet to even power up and play, which is sad.

lol, i think I may also still have the Sailormoon RPG for SNES translated kicking around on my comp somewhere. I had a mildly amusing Sailormoon beat em up game for SNES also.

Watching RPGs or games in general can be just as fun as playing them. I couldn't do well in the Metal Gear Solid games but my bro loves em. I've watched him play through most of them and they are really cool to watch even though I suck at them. The first one was probably the coolest, it definitely had the coolest story. I could watch that one over and over. It's like a really awesome movie.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#38  Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't know about watching RPGs... especially those with all the random encounters...

My brother and I used to play the SNES Final Fantasy games together. Kind of forgot about that, but yeah, it was fun. Was there a feature on there that let two players play in battle mode, or did we just pick characters and pass the controls back and forth? Can't remember... but yeah, it's fun to play RPGs with someone else.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#39  Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am  Reply with quote + 
The Tales of games are the greatest RPGs to play with friends. They have really entertaining stories and great characters and the battles play out in real time like a fighting or beat em up game and each player can control a party member in battle.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#40  Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 am  Reply with quote + 
After reading about the difficulty increase and the return of the Koopalings, I'm actually interested in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii. after being really turned off by the DS version of it.

I'm also anticipating the Pokemon Gold/Silver remake for the spring, they were my absolute favorite Pokemon games.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 10 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2133s
Index - Back to Top