BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What games are you playing/looking forward to?
[Replies: 188]  [Views: 39654]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 3  
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#141  Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Kirby's Dream Collection

I reckon i'll be picking that up specifically for Dream Land 3

Myself, im playing through Mario Sunshine at the moment. Makes the two galaxy games feel quite easy.

I also recently picket up a Mega Drive and have started picking up games I want for the system. My unexpected favourite at the moment is Dragons Fury (Pinball). Apparently its been heavily censored but the horror themeing of it is still silly and quite neat. Its fun to play and the music is brilliant.

I'm also playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and im not getting very far particularly quickly. For some reason, the only 2D sonic game i've been relatively good at was Sonic CD. And I always hated the water levels but the one on this (2nd area) took me dozens of attempts to clear.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#142  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, Hydrocity Zone was always one of my favorite Sonic levels! The design of the stage is just really cool and Act 2's music is one of my favorite tracks in the entire sonic series.

I guess the stage could be difficult if you've never played it before since you can kind of get lost if you don't know the layout well, and there are a few semi-cheaply placed enemies that are hard to catch in time before running into them.

I played it so much as a kid I don't find the stage all that difficult though so.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#143  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
I'm also playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and im not getting very far particularly quickly. For some reason, the only 2D sonic game i've been relatively good at was Sonic CD. And I always hated the water levels but the one on this (2nd area) took me dozens of attempts to clear.

That's funny because Sonic CD is usually viewed as the most challenging 16bit Sonic platformer. Also has the cheapest enemy placement of the 16bit games.
Bomberman

Post#144  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I guess the stage could be difficult if you've never played it before since you can kind of get lost if you don't know the layout well, and there are a few semi-cheaply placed enemies that are hard to catch in time before running into them.

I played it so much as a kid I don't find the stage all that difficult though so.

The layout doesn't bother me that much, its that section at the start of the second act where you are trying to out-run the wall. To get up the slopes ive been charging the spin attack but the ruddy mega-drive controller is too sensitive on the left and right so sonic walks about when he should be standing still and blah blah blah moan moan etc etc....

...Plenty of people have completed it and I did it myself in the end so I cant complain. I'm well aware that to be that good takes AGES, i had the T-shirt when i was younger.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#145  Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mixed feelings for the new Sim City. In order to play with European style roads and building architecture, I have to buy the Deluxe edition. And even then it only happens after placing a stonking big landmark, i've always hated putting real buildings into fictional cities.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#146  Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Been addicted to The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on my new GPA SP. That is such an awesome game.
Bomberdude

Post#147  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:05 am  Reply with quote + 
I'll be getting Paper Mario: Sticker Star this November.

EDIT: Let's see, what else...ah, yes! Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, and even Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Last edited by WarioMan3K on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:48 am

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#148  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Problem is I can't find them anywhere so I have to wait longer but most of my list will be 3DS related

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Order up
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Fantasy Life
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Sim City 2013
Razon
Board Admin

Post#149  Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 am  Reply with quote + 
I haven't been buying or playing too many games in recent years, but for November I'm interested in getting these 3DS games.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
I'm quite a fan of the Paper Mario series, except for the Super Paper Mario spinoff. So I've been waiting for them to make another normal style game in the series since TTYD, which was a personal favorite of mine and was a really good game. Though the fact that it doesn't have partners is a disappointment, since a lot of the good comedy and story came from them since mario doesn't talk. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it compares to the last 2 Paper Mario games.

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Like with Paper Mario, I'm a long time fan of the Harvest Moon series as well. When this game was released earlier in Japan this year, I heard quite a lot about how good it was and all the kinds of customization that it allowed you to do, and the sales for it also went to back that up.
"It sold more copies in its first week than any other version of Harvest Moon since sales records were kept starting in 2002."

Some things like the giant crops do seem a bit out of place, but I'm sure that it will make up for it in other areas.

Also I just checked the Harvest Moon news at Fogu and instead of early November, they're releasing the game early and have already started shipping out copies of the game. If you pre-order it here on the official Natsume website before the 29th, then depending on which edition you buy you can either get a special yak plushie or a big cow plushie that comes along with it to celebrate Harvest Moon's 15th anniversary.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#150  Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Im currently playing through Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Good fun, but Tacheon is nowhere near as memorable as Dr Nefarious in A Crack In Time
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#151  Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
I'll be getting Paper Mario: Sticker Star this November.

EDIT: Let's see, what else...ah, yes! Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, and even Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, and Fire Emblem: Awakening won't come out until 2013. The Luigi's Mansion sequel and Castlevania game were originally going to come out this Fall, but they were postponed.

HienFan wrote:
Problem is I can't find them anywhere so I have to wait longer but most of my list will be 3DS related

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Order up
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Fantasy Life
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Sim City 2013

Hate to say it, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the next Smash Bros. iteration until 2014. I'd love to be wrong on that though.

Razon wrote:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
I'm quite a fan of the Paper Mario series, except for the Super Paper Mario spinoff. So I've been waiting for them to make another normal style game in the series since TTYD, which was a personal favorite of mine and was a really good game. Though the fact that it doesn't have partners is a disappointment, since a lot of the good comedy and story came from them since mario doesn't talk. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it compares to the last 2 Paper Mario games.

I'm disappointed by the lack of partners as well, but I can't imagine how a partners system would've worked great with the game.

Razon wrote:
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Like with Paper Mario, I'm a long time fan of the Harvest Moon series as well. When this game was released earlier in Japan this year, I heard quite a lot about how good it was and all the kinds of customization that it allowed you to do, and the sales for it also went to back that up.
"It sold more copies in its first week than any other version of Harvest Moon since sales records were kept starting in 2002."

Some things like the giant crops do seem a bit out of place, but I'm sure that it will make up for it in other areas.

Also I just checked the Harvest Moon news at Fogu and instead of early November, they're releasing the game early and have already started shipping out copies of the game. If you pre-order it here on the official Natsume website before the 29th, then depending on which edition you buy you can either get a special yak plushie or a big cow plushie that comes along with it to celebrate Harvest Moon's 15th anniversary.

I haven't played a Harvest Moon game before and planned on trying the first game in the series and Friends of Mineral Town before considering any of the other games. However, I have heard good things about the new game so I might reconsider. I'm probably going to wait for that game's price to drop before thinking about trying it though.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
Im currently playing through Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Good fun, but Tacheon is nowhere near as memorable as Dr Nefarious in A Crack In Time

Best villain in the franchise was Drek from the first game. I actually never bother to beat A Crack In Time because of this game glitch. That glitch pretty much ruined the game for me. :/ Shame too since the game seemed a lot better than Tools of Destruction from what I played of it. I used to be a major fan of the series in the PS2 era, but none of the PS3 titles have been anywhere near as enjoyable to me as the first three games. If that glitch didn't ruin A Crack in Time for me, my general opinion of the PS3 era games might be different since I really enjoyed A Crack in Time until I noticed that glitch.
Bomberman

Post#152  Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 am  Reply with quote + 
For the new titles... I was playing a lot of RE6 but have taken a break from it. I'm currently in the middle of Retro City Rampage and next year I'll probably be playing some Bio Shock Infinite when it comes out.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#153  Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Looking at the latest Harvest Moon game who knows if I will get the latest. I stopped around the first Wii game, all of the original DS titles do not sound interesting enough for me and I prefer the games up to the first PS2 entree.

Seems like the later entree have more interest on the dating mechanic than the farming(or getting the endings/story for the first PS2 game case) which was how I got into the series until I found out there's dating which I'm not interested in
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#154  Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:

Hammer Bomber wrote:

Best villain in the franchise was Drek from the first game. I actually never bother to beat A Crack In Time because of this game glitch. That glitch pretty much ruined the game for me. :/ Shame too since the game seemed a lot better than Tools of Destruction from what I played of it. I used to be a major fan of the series in the PS2 era, but none of the PS3 titles have been anywhere near as enjoyable to me as the first three games. If that glitch didn't ruin A Crack in Time for me, my general opinion of the PS3 era games might be different since I really enjoyed A Crack in Time until I noticed that glitch.

A Crack In Time was the first R&C game I played, I've yet to try the PS2 titles (I'll get the trilogy pack for the PS3 eventually). In terms of controls, i've not noticed that, always used X or O or whatever it was to jump. L1 is traditionally a zoom in/lock on/switch wepon button in pretty much every platformer i've played
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#155  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Been mostly playing Bomberman 2 lately. I'm surprised the game turned out as well as it did. It's one of the best Bomberman games I ever played. Hudson Soft was stupid to not release this in the U.S.
Board Admin

Post#156  Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
Been mostly playing Bomberman 2 lately. I'm surprised the game turned out as well as it did. It's one of the best Bomberman games I ever played. Hudson Soft was stupid to not release this in the U.S.

I know for a fact that at I and at least one other person hold this sentiment exactly. In addition, the game managed to pull off a different atmosphere without screwing it up. Between that and the updated gameplay, it surely could have attracted new players.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#157  Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Yep. What a shame Hudson Soft didn't release it in the states. Maybe that game and future titles in that direction could've revived the franchise. Games with a great reception get noticed and as far as sites like Metacritic are concerned, the game doesn't even exist.
Bomberjack

Post#158  Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:23 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm playing the hell out of Hawken, and I'm excited for Monaco's release in a few months.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#159  Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm playing Wario Land II (from Game Boy Color, via 3DS Virtual Console) for old time's sake, along with Paper Mario: Sticker Star -- which I got as a Christmas gift.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#160  Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Itoi has mentioned that something Earthbound (Mother) related is in the works, i'm looking forward to hearing what it is. Well actually its more or less assumed that its a port or something but to which systems and what regions it will be present in will be unknown for a while.

Regardless, im excited
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 8 of 10 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2029s
Index - Back to Top