BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
[BOJ] Bomberman Online Japan (2008-2009)
[Replies: 72]  [Views: 29677]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008)

DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#61  Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
I haven't played this new BMOJ yet. What I played on my old PC (running Win2k) was the old BMO (japanese and korean) and BMO International (also played this a few times on my Vista)

The problem I'm having for this new BMOJ is when I click the button on the browser to start the game, nothing happens. I'll try again tomorrow to see if anything is different/and to be more specific.

I know exactly what you mean. I tried it on my friend's new PC and it did exactly the same thing that you and Razon spoke of. It is a bit of a tease, isn't it? It will install the app, load the website, load the loader, then when the loader is ready to load the game, it decides to magically vanish.

I had wanted to play against him some, to no avail. He just got some 8 gb of ram monster, using his 50" TV as a monitor. My only solace is that his 50" TV does not allow the PC input to go fullscreen but with some stupid border that eats some of the screen away even though my 32" HDTV with the same resolution set as his, goes fullscreen fine without a border. lol
Board Admin

Post#62  Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's been announced that BOJ's service will be temporarily suspended at the end of this month, January 31st 2009. There's currently no set date of when it's going to be back, I wouldn't expect it any sooner then towards the end of the year- hopefully it doesn't take until 2010.

For everyone who bought cp for in-game use wether you purchased in-game items or not with it, they have sent out e-mails which contains a link to a webmoney code for the full amount that you spent, you have to click on the link to get the code before the link expires on 02/16/2009. Respect to them for refunding everyones money in full though, I don't know of any other company besides hudson that would do that. It was a pleasant surprise as I was clearing through spam e-mails to find 2 e-mails from them, refunding all of the cp that I had bought and used. Prior to this they made all CP items in-game cost BP instead, except for the lottery which is where I spent most of the money that I spent in the game. Some items just costs way too much BP though, so I'm glad that I bought much of the stuff and got a refund for it all on top of that.

I have yet to play BOJ with anyone else from this community, would anyone like to get together in-game and have a few matches before the service is temporarily suspended for an unknown amount of time?

Edit: As of 01-31-09 the game is down and service has been suspended, I was around for the server down with all the japanese players in the chat. Shame that I didn't get to play with anyone else from the bombermanboard, I regret not playing the game more myself.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#63  Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is there a reason as for why it was suspended?
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#64  Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Shockwave.co.jp shutdown, which 55shock was under who was involved with the bomberman project. So they got shut down along with shockwave, the BOJ team also mentioned that they wanted to improve the game a lot. So I suppose that this was a more ideal time then any to do that, also since the game didn't do so well and could of had a lot more people playing then actually did.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#65  Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
I still miss the old BMO. If they brought that back I'd be happy. lol.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#66  Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
I still miss the old BMO. If they brought that back I'd be happy. lol.

The old bomberman online is still playable from the hacked private server version, I myself don't care for the old one anymore and have long had enough of it. After you play the old bomberman, especially if you played BOJ- you'll probably think that it's not as fun as you remember it being. It was good in the past, (as were a lot of games, games can seem to be more enjoyable when you're younger) but not in this day and age or when you get older or reach a certain age. Games like super mario bros still holds enjoyment in playing it however, because something like that is a real classic.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#67  Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 am  Reply with quote + 
I've already played the hacked version of Broomop's and I still have it installed. Even donated in the past to the cause. Last I played there were a bit of glitches but still delivered on somewhat of the experience but it still wasn't as good as the officially ran versions.

I liked in old BOJ how if you idled for a few seconds, your character had a movement for it.

I liked in the korean version how the Road Level had the two 2-spaced rows/gaps in the level making it a little more interesting. There were also plenty of items to go around (unlike Broomop's)

At this point I'm tired of dealing with the lag and I will most likely be playing the new PS3 Bomberman Ultra when it comes out in the next few weeks. Now if they'd only get the damn team aspect down I'd be happy.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#68  Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Though it's unfortunate, Bomberman Online Japan has been officially canceled as of June 3rd 2009.

Reasons for the cancellation relates to them losing an important partner in the project, I'm sure that the fact that the game didn't do good while it was out didn't help in them making the final decision. I was very much looking forward to being able to play again, they had very good plans for it as they had stated on the blog 1-2 months ago or so.

I'll definitely miss this game, I would of liked to have played a few matches with people from the BombermanBoard but no-one from here ever seemed to play. This was by far one of my favorite bomberman games, and it will be remembered.

Going to leave a copy of the final blog post and website state here.

[Collapse] Final Blog Post
Quote:
ボンバーマンオンラインJapanサービス終了のお知らせ
2009年06月03日
ボンバーマンオンラインJapan総合プロデューサー?E#30722;金掘り師?E#12391;ございます。

ユーザーのみなさまにお知らせいたします。

サービスを「一時停止」してから長い間皆様に再開をお待ち頂き、
サービス改善に向けてアイディアを頂いたり応援して下さったりと、
これまで本当にありがとうございました。

非常に残念ではございますが、
「ボンバーマンオンラインJapan」は、正式にサービス終了が決定致しましたので
御報告申し上げます。

サービス内容の改善とシステム安定に向けて、長い間調整を試みましたが、
結果、再開を断念し、正式にプロジェクト終了の運びとなりました。

サービス内容改善案を、実行に移す直前ではあったものの
サービスプラットホームの消失し、開発に起用したパートナー会社も解散。
再開への可能性がどんどん閉ざされてしまい、プロジェクト中止と相成りました。

みなさまのご期待に添えず、また、大変なご迷惑をおかけして、
誠に申し訳ございません。

今まで応援して頂き、本当にありがとうございました。

今後またチャンスを頂けるならば、ご期待にお応えできるよう、
商品クオリティー向上に努めます。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
皆さん、お久しぶりです、「ぴくち」です。

私の前回のブログで
「BOJは死にませーん!」と書いたのに。
「オンラインのサービスって続けてナンボ」と言っていたのに。
このような残念な報告になってしまい、大変申し訳ありません。

今回のプロジェクトでは大赤字を出して、社長やえらい人にいろいろ怒られました。
プロジェクト立ち上げのときは、かなり大見得切って、「新しいボンバーマンを作ります」
「海外にも展開して、ワールドカップをやります」ってぶちあげましたから。
当初の計画の5%も達成できてないわけで、そりゃあ怒られて当然です。

でもね、やはり一番メゲるのは、サービス再開を待ってくれていた皆さんに
合わせる顔がないということです。

正式サービス期間がたったの5か月じゃあ、あまりにも短すぎる。
それもこれも、開発のスキル確保がきっちりできなかった自分に責任があるので
余計に申し訳なさがあります。。。

オンラインサービスって運営が始まってからが面白いのになあ。
ユーザーの皆さんと直接的、間接的にあーだこーだ意見を交わしながら、
「神運営」とか「運営仕事しろ」とか、ほめたりけなされたりしながらも進化して
やりとりして、結果としてみんなに喜んでもらえるようにしていきたかったなあ。
BMとして活躍してくれたウニやタコやヴェーダも、サーバー止まったりの危機的状況も

含めて運営を楽しんでやってくれてただけに、もう少し時間的に余裕を持たせてあげたかったなあ。
と、ぐちぐち思っています。

現在、BOJのプロジェクトは解散となり、開発も運営もそれぞれの仕事を始めています。

ようするにみんなバラバラになってしまいました。
でも実は、ハドソンの中でも優秀なスタッフが集まって構成されていたチームですし、

BOJではみんなかなり勉強させてもらったことも多いので、次はきっといけるぞ、と。

またそのうち再結成して、花火をぶちあげようかなって思っています。

では、またお会いできる日を楽しみにしています。
どうもありがとうございました!

[Collapse] Final Website Notice
Final Screenshot of the Official BOJ Website
Quote:
ボンバーマンオンラインJapan サービス終了のお知らせ

2009年6月3日をもちまして「ボンバーマンオンラインJapan」は全てのサービスを終了させていただきました。ご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございました。今後もボンバーマンシリーズをよろしくお願いいたします。

2009年6月3日
ボンバーマンオンラインJapan スタッフ一同

?HUDSON SOFT
ハドソンTOPへ

Last edited by Razon on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:08 am
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#69  Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
I'll definitely miss this game, I would of liked to have played a few matches with people from the BombermanBoard- but no-one from here ever seemed to play. This was by far one of my favorite bomberman games, and it will be remembered.

I wanted to play it, but the specs were too high for my PC. D:
Late RIP Bomberman Online JAPAN.
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#70  Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it didn't work on my Vista PC. Hell, I still miss the old BMOJ (and Korean version). Soooo many hours were logged onto that game.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#71  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Upon reading this I just found out it was shut down D:

That kind of sucks... I knew I wasn't able to play it because of Vista so I didn't really try. My computer was below the requirements in some areas as well, and it seems like that whenever I try to do anything >_>

I really enjoyed the little I did see of this game, and it's quite a disappointment they had to shut it down, though I didn't experience it for myself.
Ammarooh
Bomberbie

Post#72  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
thnks man ^_^
Broomop
Bombertrainee

Post#73  Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
does anyone have the installer for this game still?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games -> Bomberman Online (2002-2008) All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1984s
Index - Back to Top