[Replies: 132]  [Views: 48331]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#101  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 am  Reply with quote + 
lol, that's pretty awesome looking. I've always been interested in Wars. I'm sure I'll get it someday. I already have a decent size collection of Sega Saturn imports.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#102  Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
So here's something bizarre, that I've never seen mentioned before.

I'm hard at work translating the info from the Super Bomberman Guidebook and posting articles on the wiki. I just posted an article for Moguchan (the mole-like enemy that burrows into the ground and emerges somewhere else), and I was wondering why all of the artwork is drastically different. Then I happened to take a closer look at one of the screenshots from the Guidebook, and I noticed something... the sprites in the Japanese version of the game were entirely different. Punching in the password for Stage 3 into the Japanese version, I was greeted with radically different Moguchans.

It's hard to explain. See for yourself. Both sprites, and the artwork, are now on that page.

So... why the drastic change for the European and U.S. versions? Did... did they misinterpret it as a blackface or something?
MegaTuga
Bombertrainee

Post#103  Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
I always thought this was strange... but in Bomberman Hero when you quickly turn around, Bomberman will make a small skid and then turns around while in other games he does not do this, also I think the sound effect for that resembles more a kart than feet drifting.

Oh and Dolphin Bomber in Bomberman Jetters has breasts... sorry if that was badly worded. BUT ITS A DOLPHIN. Just saying.

EDIT: okay so a certain word is censored, good to know.

Last edited by MegaTuga on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#104  Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think that the skidding is because it's more of a platformer game, kind of like how Mario will skid when you turn him around while running.

But yeah, Dolphin Bomber. Hahahah, why?...
I think that the funniest thing about Dolphin Bomber is that there are people on the internet who have the hots for her.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#105  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Here's a little something odd I came across in Super Bomberman 3, out of curiosity...

Spoiler:

Evil Pretty: "Ha ha ha ha! I'm back, White, and meaner than...who's that bimbo in black? And that dress is, like, icky!"
Good Pretty: "Pah! You're the bimbo, faker! I'm the real Pretty Bomber!"
White/Shiro: "Yeah, what she said!"

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#106  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 am  Reply with quote + 
I just made a weird discovery. Apparently, it is possible to pause the game in the middle of the cut scene during the "Bad Ending" after killing Sthertoth, but I can't seem to duplicate it. Right after skipping the first scene is when I was able to pause. I perhaps was very lucky with the right timing and got it on a certain frame or something.

I think the oddest thing may be that I saw the Japanese version's pause menu, despite playing the English ROM, but that may have been my imagination. I only saw it for a moment as I was pressing the pause button rather rapidly.

EDIT:
Nope, cannot seem to duplicate it. I created a save before defeating him and tried a few times but it won't work. I even tried spamming the F3 key along with Enter to create screenshots and slow down the game, dropping it to about 5 frames per second on average. Still couldn't get it. On the other hand, I did manage to produce 216 screenshots of Sthertoth roaring.

Perhaps there were a few other conditions that I met before that I didn't meet this time around when I made the safe file.

EDIT2:
I got it! Apparently, Bomberman needs to take damage simultaneously to when he deals the finishing blow. Going to actually try and get a look at the pause menu to see if it really is the Japanese version or not.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#107  Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
More weird glitchiness!

[Collapse] Images

Bomberman: YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!

Seriously, that's kind of weird. It happened when Bomberman was simultaneously hit by a Lightning Bomb.

Last edited by BlueFire4101 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:20 pm
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#108  Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
And now I have finally recorded the Molok Glitch. [Link]

Has anyone else known about this glitch, or am I alone in its discovery?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#109  Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:24 am  Reply with quote + 
It never ends!

[Collapse] Images

What you see there is Ashtarth initiating his Instant KO attack on Bomberman, who cannot be seen. I was playing around with the Pommy Modifier, setting up Pommy to be Ashtarth. Whenever Pommy goes back to being in a normal standing animation, he will, as Ashtarth or Baelfael, initiate his Instant KO attack.

What this means is that the developers thought it would be funny to stuff Bomberman and Pommy somewhere underneath the floor where they thought nobody would find them.

YEAH REAL FUNNY GUYS.

I suppose it is to be expected but it is interesting to see this nevertheless.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#110  Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Very interesting glitches! Strange that the Japanese pause menu might show up in the English version, as you'd think that they would have just overwritten the original graphic.

I don't quite understand what's going on in the Regulus screenshots, though.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#111  Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Very interesting glitches! Strange that the Japanese pause menu might show up in the English version, as you'd think that they would have just overwritten the original graphic.

I don't quite understand what's going on in the Regulus screenshots, though.

Bomberman is static throughout the entire animation, stuck within what I think is the first frame of his Instant KO hit animation.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#112  Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Molok Glitch is pretty amusing. lol. "Get out of here! Come back when you man up!"

I can kind of understand the programmers point of view. My brother and I used to like playing around with the various RPG Makers and we'd do similar things with glitches.

Darn, when he does this it causes this to glitch, let's either have him do it in a different location or not do it at all. Instead of trying to find a real fix we'd use a workaround of sorts.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#113  Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
Here's a little something odd I came across in Super Bomberman 3, out of curiosity...

Spoiler:

Evil Pretty: "Ha ha ha ha! I'm back, White, and meaner than...who's that bimbo in black? And that dress is, like, icky!"

I'm assuming this isnt a glitch but rather a screenshot you made with an AR code, right?
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#114  Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
WarioMan3K wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm assuming this isnt a glitch but rather a screenshot you made with an AR code, right?

I was only attempting to make a joke there, but I did experiment with said "glitch" by using an AR code I heard about in this forum.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#115  Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I forgot to mention this a long time ago, but check out this article I wrote for Earth Bomber. Specifically, look at the Trivia section. Then take a look at his Wars artwork.

Holy shit, right?

hahahaha

I love how the reality of game character data is often much more awesome than that which even our strangest imaginations can devise. I love the whole barbarian effect and implications. This means that at least some of the bombers eat the Louies for meat in addition to clothing and attire. Bone vests for the shaman, bone weaponry for the barbarians, maybe even nifty skull mugs. The next thing you'll discover is Tyras being skinned and worn. Tyra tasting like gator a bit, totally Flintstone ribs style. What if DragonBomber himself as a character is just a dude wrapped in Tyra skins?

My biggest problem with this is HOW does one get a Louey's eyes that color red and how do they grow such teeth? I mean, we must be talking some insane plot twist on the order of the Gremlins water and food after dark problem...on a massive scale. Maybe they have good reason to hunt Loueys, and Bomberman just doesn't realize the beast he is giving his trust to. OR does he? And if so, can Bomberman harness the rage eyes and teeth to decimate whole orders of enemies unreckoned for previously. We are talking vicious killing machine here. Maybe kicking bombs around is the ONLY thing that keeps them from become werebeasts from hell. :( And not the faux hell level either, but like Bomberman Act Zero bdsm meat sack on hook torture factory hell. :/ Some mad scientist level of genetic manipulation type thing, which fits in perfectly with the misc games.

Last edited by DragonBomber on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:29 pm
Bomberman

Post#116  Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
What if DragonBomber himself as a character is just a dude wrapped in Tyra skins?

What have you done? :cry: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#117  Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I broke the world, Darkfire. I broke the world...
Board Admin

Post#118  Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Haha, who's to say Louies were always friendly, helpful little critters? Maybe at that point in history they were wild and savage beasties, like bears with spring-loaded legs. At least, that's my reasoning. If the armies had tamed dragons and two-headed wolves, then there must be a decent reason why hop-happy kangaroos were off-limits, only the brave and the foolish daring to tame or slay them.
And we've those people to thank for knocking some domestication into them by the time of the present-day games.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#119  Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
Haha, who's to say Louies were always friendly, helpful little critters? Maybe at that point in history they were wild and savage beasties, like bears with spring-loaded legs. At least, that's my reasoning. If the armies had tamed dragons and two-headed wolves, then there must be a decent reason why hop-happy kangaroos were off-limits, only the brave and the foolish daring to tame or slay them.
And we've those people to thank for knocking some domestication into them by the time of the present-day games.

Yeah...I LOLed at "bears with spring-loaded legs". I agree whole heartily.
Board Admin

Post#120  Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
My biggest problem with this is HOW does one get a Louey's eyes that color red and how do they grow such teeth?

It's just a skin. The eyes and all other organs would be left within the carcass. So those are fake eyes.

The question of the teeth is legitimate, though. However, they could also be fake teeth added in after the skin was made, to make it look more ferocious.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 7 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1937s
Index - Back to Top