BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
So yeah.... Regulus finally watched Jetters.
[Replies: 5]  [Views: 3766]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#1  Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 am  Reply with quote + 
It's taken me long enough but I'm finally watching Jetters. I kind of shyed away from it for quite a long time mainly because of its length and also to be quite honest I really wasn't expecting a anime based on Bomberman to be all that amazing.

I am quite surprised....

I just plowed through all of season 1 in one shot. I like it. I am very surprised how good it is. It has a fantastic balance of a heart tugging storyline and great humor with interesting characters. I'm kind of taking an intermission now cause I was watching it from 12:30 in the morning till about 10 this morning. lol. Later today though I think I'm gonna watch the 2nd season too.

I'd give the first season an 8.5/10. It is a pretty good anime. I must say.

So far my favorite characters are Max, Birdy, and Shout

I'll give you guys a more in depth opinion of the anime when I finish it. Just thought I'd drop this out there. hehe.

*EDIT*

Well I just finished the series, so rather then double posting I'm editing this post.
(Any spoilers I write down will be in white text and I will put (SPOILER) in caps before it for anyone left here who hasn't seen it all.)

This series was really good, alot better then I initially expected as I already stated.

I'll start with all the things I really liked. One of the things I really loved about this series is as each episode went by you knew just a little bit more about what was going on in the story. Cause alot of the time you got episodes that were obviously filler but there were always little tidbits of important stuff in each episode. The filler didn't hurt the story too much sicne the series was so long they were able to spend alot of episodes on the important parts of the series, especially the final 10 episodes or so (which In my opinion were the best of the series and is where the show reached its peak) Then every so often you got an episode that delves into one or more characters' pasts and I absolutely loved that stuff too. The balance between comedy and action was almost perfect. There were very very few moments where the mood of the anime was being killed by one or the other, so it was very well delivered!

One of the things I wasn't too crazy about is the background music. I have to say that the background music for the anime was indeed pretty decent and fit things well enough. It certainly wasn't bad music! However, it was overused waaaay too much. Needless to say I was tired of hearing the same songs over and over again nearly every episode. Another problem with this anime is it would be very hard for me to watch it over again. The way it was presented where most of an episode is irrelevent to the general plot but there are little tidbits you need to pick up here and there is kind of a problem since this series is so long. I don't think I'd ever be able to sit through this series again. The most I'd be able to do is probly watch the last 10-12 eps cause those were the highlight of the series.

-Characters-
Most of the characters in this series were really well developed (again to my surprise!)
My favorites were...

Max - Max was definitely at his coolest in season 1's climax in his battle with White Bomber and them all. He also had a few cool moments toward the end of season 2 but (SPOILER) he was pretty much just a run of the mill badguy by that point, and he didn't feel as important as he was in season 1. He was pretty much only there for the purpose of being defeated.

Birdy - He didn't seem like all that great a character to me during the first 10-15 episodes but as it went on and you found out more about him I started to like him more and more. I didn't like him much at first cause he didn't really seem like an important member of the team. (SPOILER) but as it showed his behind the scenes work gathering information on mighty and the higehiges I realized he WAS important. and he was an awesome fighter when it really counted. But yeah he just slowly kept getting cooler as it went along. By the final episodes I thought he was wicked awesome.

Shout - Though her role and importance seemed to steadily drop as things went on in season 2 I really liked her. She's cute and I dunno... She's cool

Grandma Bomber - Okay, I don't care what anyone says about this but.... Momo-chan was badass! Especially when she actually fought at the temple toward the end. A lot of the scenes of her past were cool too. (she was wicked cute!)

Zero - Zero was awesome. (SPOILER) Pretty much everything you could say about this characters is a spoiler. I was starting to think when they first tell you about him having mighty's memories that they were gonna do soemthing lame and bring mighty back somehow in the end. That would've pissed me off and I'm glad they didn't. His role felt alot more special when they didn't. I'm glad he only had mighty's memories and wasn't actually mighty. It kept the sad and bitter parts of the anime special where as it would've been spoiled if he was actually mighty and he got revived.

Mujou - Yeah another oddball choice. Comic relief aside! I think he was actually a really cool guy. He totally proved his worth in the last 10 episodes of the series. I also love enemies that care about their soldiers/friends! (SPOILER) I also like how the the hige hige dan really weren't bad guys in the fact that they didn't aim to kill people, just steal stuff and serve as rivals to Jetterz. The only real bad guys were Max and Dr.Mechadoc (who I thought was a douche bag by the way)

So all in all! I gave season 1 and 8.5 and I'd give season 2 a 9.5. The series just slowly got better as it moved along! The series as a whole I'd give a 9. Good stuff. I really enjoyed it. Plowed through it all in a 2 day period.

So yeah I think all the hype this series has gotten from this board is justified.

Well that's it for me!

If this sparks a discussion I'll be glad to participate!
View user profile Send Private Message
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
I haven't watched a ton of Jetters yet, but I really like it.

I've been rather busy lately, or I would have probally watched all of it by now.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've only watched most of the second season, I've seen the last 10 shows and agree at how amazing it was.

And I kinda agree about Zero too.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I watched it through twice now, but will probably watch it again. I was glad that AniKraze did as good a fansub as they did on it. My favorite characters are still Bongo and Gangu though. One is a crazy robot and the other is a curry-loving tinkering brute, but together they are a huge driving force of the comedy.

If you liked this, you will probably enjoy at least some of the BB-Daman series, whether you watch series IV or V. The youtube video uploads of IV mentioned elsewhere here are pretty good rips considering the quality of YouTube. The first two episodes have been fansubbed already as well, so you have two to watch and decide. Not a bad waste of time really, if you end up liking any of it. Unless you don't gel well with the Star Wars vibe. :normal: 

I bought a Jetters coloring book recently and have been playing the GBA title of minigames, pinball, and battle mode the past two nights. I think I am going to import that also since it's more fun that some of the minigame titles I've bought in the past. :stun: 
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm now pretty far along in the story, but I haven't watched any more lately. It's great, and finishing it would be a good way to start off the summer.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:04 am  Reply with quote + 
I am almost done Jetters, I am currently on episode 44 in the second season and one of my fave episodes was the one that followed Hige 156 for the whole show, my fav scene was when #156 was updating his brother #157's hard drive, only to have it crash midway through and corrupted all data on his brothers hard drive and had to format the disk, the look on #157's face was priceless :hilarious:  .
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1512s
Index - Back to Top