Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Question about BMan Land Touch Wi-Fi
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 4261]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
This may be not worth making a whole new topic for... or maybe there already was one, I dunno, but I need to get this off my chest.

I don't know if each DS game with Wi-Fi support has its own server but I suspect so. Why? Because if I'm right then that would explain why playing this game on-line sucks so freaking much!
Not only there is lag which I have not found in other Wi-Fi games (including the uber fast Mario Kart), day after day, fight after fight, I keep getting a message telling me I'm the only player left so I have scarcely been able to end even a single battle (no really I fought at least twelve and ended only two).

Am I the only one experiencing this??
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I don't know if each DS game with Wi-Fi support has its own server but I suspect so. Why? Because if I'm right then that would explain why playing this game on-line sucks so freaking much!

Explain to me why each game having their own server is that bad again? Peer to peer may or may not be better depending on the situation, but there are plenty of quick server based games. I would assume ninty has a scaling server system anyway, and the reason the wifi play sucks so bad is because they're not all that good at net code.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not saying separate servers are a bad thing. I'm saying either BMan Land Touch has a bad one or (as you suggest it may) it has terrible net play coding, because all the problems I've been having with it have not occurred to me while playing with other online DS games.

At any rate, I'd just like to know if anyone else is going through the same or it's just my luck.
Ereadfan
Bombertrainee

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, you misunderstood him Fireball. Anyway, I've heard that EVERYONE has problems with this game as in lag and such, so its everyone with the problem. Too bad it didn't have a good online mode, I'd buy it then.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's a relief. I was afraid it could be an hardware problem of mine (I'd go in detail as to what made me think so but I don't wish to bore you guys :wink: ) but when other games played perfectly decided I had to ask.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry for the double post, but I have a piece of advice that may be useful to other players: don't choose Full Power and Maximum Velocity stages!

From my limited experiences, most players (including myself up to yesterday) will pick those stages for two reasons. One because the game, as it is, makes you start too slow and with pathetic blast radius. The other because by picking fast moving stages one would hope to solve the slow downs problems.

Ironically, it seems picking these stages does exactly the opposite! I believe it is because all eight bombers are supposed to move top speed, but regardless, whenever those stages have been selected the lagging increased dramatically for me.
So please guys, try out other stages and see if you don't agree with me about this.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Ereadfan wrote:
Yeah, you misunderstood him Fireball.

I know I caught it again on a reread, but didn't have time to edit at that point _ _.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
The online mode was a disappointment, but if you play with friends, you can get battles, and you won't have as much lag as long as they aren't on the other side of the globe.

I play with other people all the time, and it's a lot of fun.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1650s
Index - Back to Top