Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Sucky Cartoons
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Samurai Jack. I'm all for western cartoonists taking influences from anime but this takes it way too far. Every single fight scene is stolen from every anime ever since 1989. On top of that, it's butt ugly too, and as you would probably expect, it's got an extremely stupid plot.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, along with every other Adult Swim original cartoon, comprises approximately 50% of the world's unfunny reserves, enough to where we could drop natural gas and coal altogether if we could power cars with fail (if you're curious Uncyclopedia, Family Guy and new episodes of The Simpsons make up most of the other 50%). Literally half of the jokes consist of either 1) the characters sitting motionless save the occasional blinks, staring at their hypothetical audence howling in laughter or 2) some random thing, like a gorilla on a bicycle or a talking banana crashing in through the door and sayin "hey guys wats up" or something random.

Family Guy. It has its moments of genuine funny (approximately 1 every 3 episodes from what I've seen) but for the most part it's turd. They simply try to hard to be random which brings monstrous amounts of fail. Sadly for its creators its subject matter is too obscene for kids and it has too much unfunny for adults, so it's pretty much useless.

Invader Zim is so tragically unfunny I pity those who watch it. I might have thought it was funny if I grew up in a cave on the moon exposed to nothing but Family Circus comics and 1001 Elephant jokes, but I have an fully developed adult skull too thick for it to penetrate. It's like Family Guy but even tamer, for an even younger audience. What's a mystery to me is how Double Fine managed to create the damn funniest game I've ever played in my life (Psychonauts) with such obvious Zim influences (hell, thew main character is voiced by the same guy who does Invader Zim).

There are others worthy of being denounced but they haven't come to me at the moment.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1177s
Index - Back to Top