BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: System Discussion 3: Nintendo DS, Good, Bad, or Ugly?
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Animal Crossing - Quite possibly the most well-crafted waste of time ever, I'm not a fan of these life simulation games as I have a life of my own that is pretty interesting and shit to do, forgive me if I don't want to wander around the smallest town ever picking up shells, digging holes and talking to hippos and gorillas for t-shirts and chairs to sell at the kwik-e-mart.

I consider the Animal Forest games to be some of the best ever made in videogame history, actually.

Quote:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Worse than Aria of Sorrow. The touchscreen is a hindrance in this game, on some of the later bosses you'll miss the opportunity to seal them and you'll have to kill them over and over. The soundtrack is gay.

Can't really say as I still haven't had an oppurtunity to buy it. I will admit that I don't think the touch screen was integrated amazingly, the soundtrack was disappointing after hearing the excellent E3 version, but come on, say something positive. The graphics?

Quote:
Mario Kart DS - Even worse than Double Dash. The stages are extremely boring, the controls are shit, the new items are either useless or a pain in the ass, the single player is too damn easy, the graphics are butt ugly, playing online sucks since once someone loses the first round they disconnect, and the only way to win is to fishtail which only the lightweights are capable of.

Double Dash is the greatest racing game I have ever played in my entire life, although I haven't played many, because I don't care for realistic ones. Butt ugly graphics? It's a 3D cart racer on a portable scale. You can't expect anything amazing from that, and they're not bad graphics at all anyway. They do their job, do they not?

Quote:
New Super Mario Bros. - The worst 2D mario game, savew perhaps Siper Mario Land 1. Like SMB3 but the stages are short, linear, and not very fun, and instead of flying you get a useless shell that will more often kill you than be of any use. It's was pretty funny that they recycled the same shitty minigames from SM64DS, lazy bastards.

Hmm. Can't say much, only played it briefly now and then, but I still think you're being overly harsh.

Quote:
Super Mario 64 DS - Not nearly as fun as the N64 one, mostly because I already knew where all the stars are. Controlling with the stylus is damn near impossible with such a small touchscreen, and the buttons don't have the articulation that the N64 control stick did. Luigi and Wario were totally useless, they should have kept it at Mario and Yoshi. The extra stages and stars were thrown in with little thought, if you've played the N64 one there's absolutely no reason to pick this up.

I'd say far more fun that the original, because you've more more characters and stuff, I always thought that the original wasn't "Mario" enough, so, major personal improvement here. And again, I seem to be the only one in all of time and space that actually preffered touch screen control. It's honestly not that hard. I really don't understand what everyone's problem is. It's just a case of being able to carry out a simple multitask.

Quote:
Super Princess Peach - It's funny how Mario and friends can get away with starring in tired old bullshit and still sell well and get good reviews, whereas the most inspired platformers of the past few years recieve lukewarm reviews (8/10 is lukewarm when your magazine/website gives 10's to three games a month) and sell absolutely nothing. This game is so pathetically overdone I almost fell asleep playing it, which is nothing as it's so easy I don't think I died once in the entire time I played it.

Easy to the point of tedious, yes, but I still found it moderateley enjoyable and of course, cute.

Quote:
Wario Ware: Touched - All of these minigames are pretty boring except for ninja scribble which should have been expanded on.

The game was kind of hillarious, quirky, cool and fun.

I'd be interested to hear what you do like? Because sounds to me like theres nothing bad about the DS and its available titles, but you're just looking for something that's not actually there. There's a difference between a system being bad and somebody being interested in something a little different.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0950s
Index - Back to Top