Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: System Discussion #2: Playstation 2
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:00 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
It's not the Raiden conspiracy (I actullay kinda liked Raiden), but it's moreso the last part of the game where it was just extremely confusing. I'm looking forward to MGS4 just to se if they clear things up about that.
The reason the ending is so huge and confusing is because that's the point: Kojima wanted to make up for the anorexic plot by confusing you with conspiracy upon conspiracy. The ending is in my opinion the worst in all of video game history. The game can't seem to make its mind up about what exactly the conflict is. It goes from controlling the flow of information to something about protecting Olga's baby (?) to passing your genes on your children or something...I think it was the professional movie quality directing that made it seem much better than it was, and what can I say, it worked. I'm looking forward to MGS4 also (bujt not for the storyline which will probably be below average but better than 2 or 3), too bad Kojima won't pull an Iga and retcon MGS2.
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Also had a good soundtrack, although for some reason there are no rocking songs in the soundtrack at all. It added to the medieval feel to the game, but there was really no variety other than classical orchestral music.
This soundtrack is my favorite by Michiru Yamane and also my favorite not composed by David Bergeaud, so I must come to its defense. Your complaint is very common among SotN soundtrack fans, and I never really got it. This was the first Castlevania I bought (although I played Aria of Sorrow on my PC before that) so I wasn't expecting a rock soundtrack; when I later played SotN I thought it seemed out of place for a medieval game which took itself so seriously (just like I thought the techno beats in LoI sounded weird). I really didn't have a problem with variety because even though she didn't use a wide selection of instruments, the emotions conveyed were very diverse, and the melodies were inexplicably memorable. After listening to most of Yamane's works, it has always struck me as by far the best and most underrated.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1684s
Index - Back to Top