Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: System Discussion #2: Playstation 2
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dynasty Warriors 3, 4, and 5 : One of the best sereis out there. It is a 3D hack and slash game. It is based in early CHina, where you play as one of many officers in the warring countries. Each officer has a diffreent weapon and fighting style. It puts you in the middle of a massive battle. You have to fight off an entire army, not single handedly of course. However, the AI doesn't do much of the work. You have to use strategy to clear out certain areas to allow troops to get to the enemy, or reinforcing other officers that are i need of help. If your commander dies, it is game over. If you are the commander, you have the authority to Rambo through the level ( always fun)

As the sereis continues, more and more officers are avilable to play as. Each officer has their own story. With each story comes about 5 levels. Many levels intertwine. If you play through as somebody, and then play through with that dude's ally, you will face the same battles through a different perspective. Play through as that dude's enemy, and you will be on the other side of the battlefeild. This makes the replay walue great.

The controls are simple enough for beginners to pick up and play. The combos are the same for all the characters, but the moves that correspond with the button combinations are all different. You also get a Musou attack, which is pretty mush a superpowerful attach that can kill many people.

Battles aer long. Thay can last from 10 minutes to an hour. If you screw up in strategy, you are usually stuck fighting tons of people alone. Without other allies as meat sheilds, battles can be difficult. Strategy is always changing, depending on situations, number of enemies, number of allies, and how much health you have. You must be prepared to adapt to any situation.

I would rate the Dynasty Warriors series an 8/10 Thay can be better, but not by much.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1180s
Index - Back to Top