BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: System Discussion # 1: The Gamecube Good or Bad?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
This will be the first in a (possible?) series of videogame system debates.

Your opinion or views on the success of the gamecube and your personal enjoyment of the system.

My experience with the system was itneresting.

I got mine back on christmas of 2002. So the system had been out about a year.
My first games for the system were...
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Phantasy Star Online episodes 1 and 2
Super Mario Sunshine
I also got Metroid Prime the day after Christmas

The first year with the system I wasn't too crazy about it. I loved Phantasy Star Online but I couldn't gather significant interest in any of my other early games. I didn't like Sonic adventure 2 much and Prime was too weird for me. Sunshine was amusing for alittle while but I never finished it cause I got bored with the game.

Game highlights: My favorite games for the system that I've owned.

Phantasy Star Online
I played this game so much it was like drugs. I must have over a thousand hours playtime on it. Fun game. I played it online. I played it with my friends and I played it by myself constantly.

Super Smash bros. Melee
I got melee a few monthes after my gamecube. This was easily one of the best games for the system. What's better then playing your friends in Smash brothers. This game got alot of playtime and will continue to do so unbtill the next smash bros. is released even then. I still pull out classic smash bros for N64 sometimes so I'll still play this from tiem to time. The replay value king.

Skies of Arcadia
Another Sega rerelease, I had alot of fun with this game because like PSO it was a pretty new game to me. I never played it on Dreamcast and PSO I only played alittle on Dreamcast. The cast and story were pretty interesting and it was fun to play through not to mention the interesting ship battles and stuff. The game had great value for the 20 dollars reduced price I payed. I had wanted the game awhile but never wanted to shell out the 50 cause I didn't make much $$$ then. Overall a fun game.

Tales of Symphonia
As RPGs go on the gamecube this was my definate favorite easily. The game surpassed Skies in pretty much everyway. (and skies was a great game) The soundtrack was awesome the characters were awesome the story was awesome. The game was almost perfection. I laughed so many times and had so much fun with it. I easily got over a hundred hours out of it. If you own a gamecube and you like RP{Gs you need to have this game. In my opinion it was the best game on the system.

Puyo Pop Fever
I haven't had this game long but for the time I've had it. I've played it quite a bit. I'm a puzzle fanatic and I already own two older versions of this game but I love it all the same. Its cute characters and nifty music and tons of new modes make it worth its cheap price 15-20 bucks. A fun game. I love verse moding my friends.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
I have yet to finish playing through this game but any Fire Emblem game is good stuff. The games last awhile and are alot of fun. Alot of character interaction and storytext make it an interesting game to play through. I just have a thing for tactical RPGs.

Other games I had moderate fun with....

Megaman X: Command Mission
Star fox Assualt
Megaman Anniversary Collection
Custom Robo
Phantasy Star Online episode 3
Sonic Riders
Ikaruga

I don't think i forgot anything

My overall experience with the gamecube started out alittle rough and I thoguht the system was going downhill but as time went by a few games helped redeem its value and other games kept me busy. Not to mention solid games like Tales, Melee, and PSO that lasted so long.

I rated the system a 3 on the poll. It was nothing amazing but it was a solid system thats worth buying.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1272s
Index - Back to Top