BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog = No-No (Buckle down, Its a looong post)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I heard for some time now that Shadow the Hedgehog aka "The Most Amazing Character Ever"! (note the sarcasim) is gonna have his own game... Big Whoop. :shifty: 

I hate Shadow with a passion. No matter how cool they make him, he still does not strike me as a "Sonic" character. He never seems to fit in any of the games they make. He merely registers as a "Dark Sonic" who's overly angsty for the whole "Sonic" atmoshpere, that's it. Sonic had a rival in Metal Sonic, and he still does. But for some bloody reason, Shadow has been getting more action than he needs.

He was cool in Sonic Adventure 2, but bringing him back in Sonic Heroes was a big no-no and practically killed the whole plot (The same reason Regulus hates Zero); not that there was a real plot... In SA2, Shadow's plot had tons and tons of plotholes. It was like a house with swiss cheese for support beams; it just fell flat. They go on about Maria, and Dr.Gerald, and "the promise"... Another big whoop. :shifty:  And to make it worse, by the end of the game his relationships with each character were non-existant. And then Sega axes him...

And then they have the nerve to bring him back in Heroes, since he's "The Most Amazing Character Ever"! according to many fanboy/girls, and with his "return" comes even more plotholes. What a joke. Can they please turn the never-ending mystery down a little bit, please? I'll even throw in $20!

Now, with "Shadow the Hedgehog", we're going to learn about Shadow's past and get some answers. But I predict that, by the end, we're going to have a lot more questions than answers! I mean, seriously, being able to choose how evil you are by handling missions in certain ways is a great idea, but what it ultimately leads to is a bunch of endings that run into each other, effectively rendering each one non-canon. How lovely... So any information we learn about this character will have to be learned during the game. Oy... :xeyes: 

I just want"The Most Amazing Character Ever" to die. Just get rid of him and replace with another character. Or better yet, get rid of all the throw-away characters (Rouge, Cream, Omega, Big) that have been building up in the past few games and bring the focus back to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, etc...

Right now, Shadow is dead to me. Destroying what little story he had in Sonic Heroes with amnesia cliche/plot device was a terrible move, and it is obvious that this happened because they wanted to be mysterious with him again. :xeyes:  One terribly written mystery was enough for me, I don't need another one that makes even less sense.

I'm probably will not get this game, since it "focuses" on that "Evil Hedgie" wannabe and not Sonic or any one that truly deserves it.

...Wow, I was very choppy with my statements.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1508s
Index - Back to Top