Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman 2001 - Cancelled PS2 title that was very different
traumnovelle
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi. I haven't been here in years, but I started this thread, and am still looking for any screens/footage/info on Bomberman 2001.

I have had no luck in finding screens. I am certain I saw them back in 2000 from an E3 trailer, and that they were posted again on a previous iteration of this board in 2003. If anyone knows anything, please feel free to share. I have been in regular contact with the poster SvdV about this game recently, and we are both fascinated by it, but have had no luck finding the trailer footage/screens.

In my research for this game, I have reason to believe Bomberman 2001 wasn't cancelled, but reworked into a different game. That game being D.N.A.: Dark Native Apostle.

https://www.giantbomb.com/dna-dark-native-apostle/3030-59428/
http://lunaticobscurity.blogspot.com/2017/04/dark-native-apostle-ps2.html

Like Bomberman 2001, it retains the bomb mechanic of Bomberman, while having a more mature tone/artsyle, it was published by Hudson in Japan, was developed for the PS2, and was released in 2001 (I assume Bomberman 2001 was slated for a 2001 release due to its title).

It doesn't have the same artstyle, cyberspace setting/story of Bomberman 2001 though. I assume these things changed when Hudson decided to ditch the Bomberman IP for something new (even though Bomberman 2001 was already unrecognizable from Bomberman except for its name and use of bombs).

I just thought that this was some interesting information to share. That a nearly forgotten PS2 game called D.N.A.: Dark Native Apostle likely had origins in a nearly forgotten PS2 game called Bomberman 2001, which had a footage shown and posted online, that now appears to be completely lost (though hopefully not forever).

If anyone knows anything about Bomberman 2001, or has played D.N.A. Dark Native Apostle, feel free to share.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1325s
Index - Back to Top