[Replies: 272]  [Views: 44232]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#241  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Have we ever seen Bomberman concept art, period, let alone this soon after a game's release? artbook pls

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#242  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, there are these various sheets, but yeah I don't remember seeing WIP concepts for any of the games. It's very cool for a change.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#243  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of 1) concept art for a game and 2) officially released. I do wonder where those BMJ sheets originally came from, since it's not like we got an artbook or any sort of production book for the series...

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#244  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mystic Echo (Mystic Hatter) concept art: https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17353462_1371579976198521_8112988772647252139_n.jpg?oh=7096f85f4163ff6adc8fbea0543fa10a&oe=59622261

By the way, as I was asked to do so some time ago, here are the English/Japanese name comparisons for the first five big bosses:

Magnet Bomber:
Iron Gauss is the same in both versions. The gauss is the unit of measure for magnetic induction.

Golem Bomber:
English version: Fort Walker
Japanese version: Seventh Rank. In chess, a rook placed on the seventh rank of the board is considered to be a very strong position. The boss is comprised of very rook-like castles.

Phantom Bomber:
English version: Mystic Hatter
Japanese version: Mystic Echo

Sexy/Karaoke Bomber:
Elegant Dream is the same in both versions.

Plasma Bomber:
English version: Judge Gwinbee
Japanese version: Gwinbee Judgement. GwinBee is a character in the TwinBee line of shooter games from Konami, and this is heavily reflected in the boss's appearance. It's interesting to see a Konami reference in Bomberman for a change.

To be honest... I find the Japanese versions more interesting...
legato
Bomberman

Post#245  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey everyone. Just a quick double post here for anyone interested. I recently did some streaming and played Super Bomberman R. I'm linking to two recordings here. The first is the story mode so anyone who wants all the spoilers and wants to see the whole thing can watch that. The second one is about an hour of me playing online matches. You can see what multiplayer is like and this one is entirely spoiler free (barring a few unlocks in the shop because I do visit the shop post game.)

Anywho, feel free to knock yourselves out here.

Story Mode: https://youtu.be/3lKMQhHJ3U4

Online Matches: https://youtu.be/NlPfPwR7CiM
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#246  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Out of the dastardly mech designs, I think my favorite has to be Phantom's/Brain's.

I was wondering about Plasma's mech's name in particular. Interesting touch by Konami.

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#247  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Translated the fun little promo cards that the Japanese Bomberman Twitter was posting: http://bomber-base.tumblr.com/post/158501273291/super-bomberman-r-bom-cards

#relatable #tooreal

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#248  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Very cool. Thanks! :cool: 

EDIT: TMW you learn that Bomber D. Rufi is the same person as the other cool guy you've been following on Twitter...
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#249  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/super_bomberman_r_update_now_live

Online play has been improve as has input delay. Good to see the game got updated.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#250  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
@Plasma Captain: YUP, SAME LOSER, DIFFERENT NAME. I refer to him as BDR on here since I think that's the name he signed up under (not that he posts here often, although he's wondered if he should), but I first knew him as Sakaki and tend to default to that. BDR is the name he uses as a translator, though, and since he's usually relevant to this forum in a translation capacity I figured I'd use that.

RE: SBR patch, I tested out the controls for offline play and definitely found a marked improvement -- I now feel much more comfortable using the joystick than the not-really-a-d-pad.

Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#251  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
@Plasma Captain: YUP, SAME LOSER, DIFFERENT NAME. I refer to him as BDR on here since I think that's the name he signed up under (not that he posts here often, although he's wondered if he should), but I first knew him as Sakaki and tend to default to that. BDR is the name he uses as a translator, though, and since he's usually relevant to this forum in a translation capacity I figured I'd use that.

RE: SBR patch, I tested out the controls for offline play and definitely found a marked improvement -- I now feel much more comfortable using the joystick than the not-really-a-d-pad.
Great to hear. That was one of my concerns with Super Bomberman R. Now I will have no hesitant with picking up the game (and by the time I get the chance, the prices will be down a lot).
Fuzzy Pickles
Bombertrainee

Post#252  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Next week sales has been updated for Super Bomberman R in Japan according to Famitsu, at 6373, bringing the game sales up to 55.663 this week. If using Media Create sales instead, Super Bomberman R did 5,583 during the same time period and brings it up to 50,756. So in three weeks, Super Bomberman R broke the 50,000 milestone which is better than most Bomberman games.

I'm not sure which one of the two is more reliable, however. I do know that Game Data Library has sales data from Famitsu since 1995. Famitsu's sales numbers also tend to be higher.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#253  Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fuzzy Pickles wrote:
I'm not sure which one of the two is more reliable, however. I do know that Game Data Library has sales data from Famitsu since 1995. Famitsu's sales numbers also tend to be higher.

Either way, this is good news. :cool: 

For those who don't follow it, Bomberman on Facebook released Gwinbee Judgement artwork:

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17342781_1378103605546158_8987161612256233243_n.jpg?oh=661d4ce169c1a309c313d5a953ec93c1&oe=5954F805
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#254  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
ITP: 3000+ words of spoiler-free ambivalence about Super Bomberman R. Oops.

The timing is pretty hilariously on-point, as I have just been informed by BDR that a recent Konami stream apparently confirmed SBR DLC. I'm waiting to post more until he can tell me the source/until Konami officially confirms it, but. Yes.

SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#255  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
ITP: 3000+ words of spoiler-free ambivalence about Super Bomberman R. Oops.

The timing is pretty hilariously on-point, as I have just been informed by BDR that a recent Konami stream apparently confirmed SBR DLC. I'm waiting to post more until he can tell me the source/until Konami officially confirms it, but. Yes.

Finally a point of view or review without spoilers, I really appreciate it a lot :happy:  (Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in this place who has not been able to play the game :cry:  )

It is true that the game has some flaws or things remaining, but at least we can see the positive side, and is that Bomberman returned to the consoles, one of the things I liked the most is that finally the characters have remarkable personalities (Not like the Bomberman Land failed attempt, Really I hate the personalities of everyone (except Kid Blue), especially PrettyBomber :flame:  why... :cry:  )

And it is true, most people would buy the game to play in multiplayer or online, but it is a special detail that Bomberman has returned to the consoles again and not be a game for smartphones only for Japan.

The truth I do not have much to say, I only know very little (And important things in history) I hope someday I can buy the game and the console and thus have the real game experience

I know I said it before, but thanks for the spoiler review, I'm very grateful to you :peace: 
Board Admin

Post#256  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
A review! From an actual Bomberman fan! Nice. :cool:  Thanks for taking the time to write this; it's very informative.

SailorBomber wrote:
(Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in this place who has not been able to play the game :cry:  )

You're not alone. :down: 

SailorBomber wrote:
...finally the characters have remarkable personalities (Not like the Bomberman Land failed attempt :flame:  )

So true. :xeyes: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#257  Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
IT'S NOT A REVIEEEEEWWWW I mean, thanks for the comments, guys. :happy:  I figured my babbling would be mostly appreciated here, if appreciated at all. I haven't actually read a lot of other reviews of SBR yet, as I didn't want to be influenced too much before I had a chance to properly express myself. I do get the general impression that most people had the same thoughts I did, albeit perhaps not all bottled up into the same person. There'll be a much shorter spoiler-filled follow-up coming up soon that I'll end up posting in the spoiler thread.

Anyway, Nintendo Everything provides the circumstances of when the DLC was announced, but not much about what's in it or when it'll be released: http://nintendoeverything.com/free-dlc-revealed-for-super-bomberman-r/ No spoilers!

SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#258  Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 am  Reply with quote + 
I was a bit scared of this information, as I thought it was something of the April fool day, but it turned out to be true! What a joy :heart:  :heart: 
Bomberjack

Post#259  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Update 1.3 is live!

Quote:
・Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

・Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

・The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

・Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)

・Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

・You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

・The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

・The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

・Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

・If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

・Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

・Fixed other various small bugs.

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#260  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
HOLY SHIT THE NEW CHARACTER DLC

Source: https://twitter.com/Konami/status/855424736481886208

Looks like I need to get on my Belmont Bomberman and Dracubagular picture idea stat.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 13 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2693s
Index - Back to Top