BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman 64 Arriving on NA and EU Virtual Console tomorrow!
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
TSA had more detailed graphics, more environments, and a much deeper plot than most Bomberman games (despite having some weird holes when you think too much about it), and it introduced the elemental bombs. And it excels in other regards, and is generally an enjoyable experience. On the other hand, it...

* Did away with bomb jumping (which comprised many of the puzzles in B64)
* Removed the persistent ability to throw/kick bombs, making combat more tedious
* Inexplicably reverted to cross-shaped explosions, also making combat somewhat more tedious
* Removed the gold cards and didn't replace them with anything else to add interest (four guardian armour pieces are incomparable)
* Removed big bosses until the final world
* Underused most elemental bombs, relegating their uses mostly to strength/weakness combat (picking a bomb that is stronger against a given enemy)
* Due to these, and probably other reasons that aren't presently coming to mind, felt shorter and easier than its predecessor

TSA is a pretty good game, but I agree, B64 was definitely better.

If Konami does consider extending the new SBR line, I would love for them to rework SB4, SB5, and B64. B64 does, however, feel slightly less hopeful, given how unique it is, and how, even in its title, Super Bomberman R is intrinsically tied to the classic gameplay style.

(Note: Still haven't played SBR. Currently operating on the hope that my roommate's friend buys her/us a Switch when he moves in. This would be far easier if it wasn't a launch title.)

By the way, I completely forgot to welcome you to the forum. So... welcome to the forum! :happy: 
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1351s
Index - Back to Top