Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Megaman Chat
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
a maverick means a computer program that doesn't do what its told, hence, the mavericks/irregulars of megaman x series.

I would also like to say: megaman x5 and x6 do not suck. They are not of megaman 2 or 3 caliber, but they are still good. I would give x5 an 8 and x6 a 9. X5's problems were the lack of stuff to do, the music (some of it sucked, whereas x6's was worth buying the game for).
X6 had lots of hidden things and it made gameplay easier, but the levels were linear without good design, and the action wasn't as good.

X8 came out recently, and the soundtrack is even worse than X7's; where X7 had at least SOME good music (relation - vs red, combination - vs mega scorpio on the soundtrack), X8's entire soundtrack sucks ass. However, the voicework is much better, and the game itself is much better as well, with excellent level design, action, optional stuff, etc. If the music, new character design, story line, etc. didn't suck so bad, I would have said that x8 was my favorite mmx game so far.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1983s
Index - Back to Top