Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Looking for Bomberman 4 Mini Figures
[Replies: 12]  [Views: 4885]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise

wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi guys, I am looking for the following figures. Do you know where can I get them?

Thanks
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am  Reply with quote + 
These are keshi figures. They came from gachapon machines in Japan. There were several series, from Super Bomberman 2 through 5, Saturn Bomberman, and more... The ones you're looking at, from the Super Bomberman 4 Guidebook, have been painted. You'll likely be buying unpainted ones if you can find them.

Places like eBay are your best bet. People sell keshi there all the time. It's just a waiting game, really. My own collection has taken years to amass, and I'm still collecting. You'll have to fight me for any that I don't have, though. :P

Here, I have Jet Bomber and Great Bomber. This is what they look like. In my hand, you can gauge their relative size.

eBay search for keshi
wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
These are keshi figures. They came from gachapon machines in Japan. There were several series, from Super Bomberman 2 through 5, Saturn Bomberman, and more... The ones you're looking at, from the Super Bomberman 4 Guidebook, have been painted. You'll likely be buying unpainted ones if you can find them.

Places like eBay are your best bet. People sell keshi there all the time. It's just a waiting game, really. My own collection has taken years to amass, and I'm still collecting. You'll have to fight me for any that I don't have, though. :P

Here, I have Jet Bomber and Great Bomber. This is what they look like. In my hand, you can gauge their relative size.

eBay search for keshi

Man, thank you for the info. I'm so envy of you....

I think these two are the hardest to find. I saw a jet bomber on ebay but the jet pack at the back is missing. I was thinking if I should make a custom one but no idea how to make a pretty one (maybe with light weight clay?).

Also, do you know where I can get this series?

Thanks again for replying and the info
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:59 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, that Jet Bomber has been up for a while. I see a lot of figures with attachments missing, like capes and stuff. The most common figures on eBay seem to be the generic sports and fantasy Bombermen, with some World Bombers sprinkled in.

As for those Kabaya toys (not sure how much you know about them, but I think they came with candy), I've never seen them for sale on eBay. If you'd like to see a better picture of a couple of them, though, here's a good image. I think we've lucked out with getting so many Bomberman keshi these last few years as there are some merchants on eBay who specialize in dealing those toys. I don't really know of any other good online market for obtaining such obscure treasures internationally. If someone out there knows of another place, feel free to chime in here. Otherwise, just keep tabs on eBay once or twice a month at least. Right now, it's mostly keshi and B-Daman figures, but the occasional oddity slips through.
wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Yeah, that Jet Bomber has been up for a while. I see a lot of figures with attachments missing, like capes and stuff. The most common figures on eBay seem to be the generic sports and fantasy Bombermen, with some World Bombers sprinkled in.

As for those Kabaya toys (not sure how much you know about them, but I think they came with candy), I've never seen them for sale on eBay. If you'd like to see a better picture of a couple of them, though, here's a good image. I think we've lucked out with getting so many Bomberman keshi these last few years as there are some merchants on eBay who specialize in dealing those toys. I don't really know of any other good online market for obtaining such obscure treasures internationally. If someone out there knows of another place, feel free to chime in here. Otherwise, just keep tabs on eBay once or twice a month at least. Right now, it's mostly keshi and B-Daman figures, but the occasional oddity slips through.

Thanks for the info again :)
I think the keshi figures look better than the Kabaya toys.

Do you think we can paint the Keshi figures ourselves?
wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:44 am  Reply with quote + 
btw captain. Did you get your figures from ebay as well?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I've purchased all of my keshi from eBay. I've got like 17 of them. That's the easiest way to obtain them. I've seen Bomberman keshi before on Japanese markets like Yahoo Auctions Japan, but you'd probably need to go through either an individual who could purchase them and send them to you, or through some kind of online service that would do the same on your behalf. Either way, you'll be paying extra as the middle man will want a commission. I've never done this sort of thing before so I'm no expert.

As far as I'm aware, you could paint any keshi figure, but it probably takes some finesse. I've never tried. If I ever stumble into any explanatory descriptions on the subject, I'll post here about it.
wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Yeah, I've purchased all of my keshi from eBay. I've got like 17 of them. That's the easiest way to obtain them. I've seen Bomberman keshi before on Japanese markets like Yahoo Auctions Japan, but you'd probably need to go through either an individual who could purchase them and send them to you, or through some kind of online service that would do the same on your behalf. Either way, you'll be paying extra as the middle man will want a commission. I've never done this sort of thing before so I'm no expert.

As far as I'm aware, you could paint any keshi figure, but it probably takes some finesse. I've never tried. If I ever stumble into any explanatory descriptions on the subject, I'll post here about it.

That's awesome. I would like to collect some sports versions of the figures as well.

Its sad to see another great bomber figure got sold, although its cloak is missing.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, it's annoyingly difficult to find complete figures. It seems like every single Shitennou and Great Bomber have a back attachment, so on the rare occasion that you see them up for sale, it's unlikely that they'll be complete. I don't believe I've ever even seen a Dragon Bomber figure with his tail included.

It's just a big waiting game, really.
wwe_michael56
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Yeah, it's annoyingly difficult to find complete figures. It seems like every single Shitennou and Great Bomber have a back attachment, so on the rare occasion that you see them up for sale, it's unlikely that they'll be complete. I don't believe I've ever even seen a Dragon Bomber figure with his tail included.

It's just a big waiting game, really.

I'll have my eyes peeled.

If I find some extra ones, I'll let you know :)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting topic! lol. Looks like Plasma totally hooked you up already. I even learned a couple things.

I haven't been in the market for Bomberman merch in many years, but Ebay for sure is a good bet, that's where I got the little bit of stuff I have too.

Pretty cool that you've built a collection of those Plasma! If you have a display or something it'd be neat to see a picture.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, alright. It's not so much of a display as it is just them kind of arranged on a bookshelf, but here's what I've got:

From left to right:

* Bomberman with a Mechanical Egg. You can see a painted version of this on page 5 of the SB4 Guidebook. It's a 3D representation of the artwork in the manual, page 3. There was also one of the art for the Push powerup, but somebody else outbid me. :(

* Plasma Bomber, Golem Bomber, Pretty Bomber. There are two sets of the Fiendish Bombers. This set appears to be from Super Bomberman 3, judging by the way Pretty Bomber's face looks. I've never seen the Magnet or Brain Bomber figures from this set. Golem Bomber is the first I bought; I showed it off years ago in that Bomberman pile thread. All the figures in this set are translucent.

* Monk Bomber? I believe that this may actually just be from the generic sports Bombermen set, but the design is absolutely identical to the gear worn by Monk Bomber, Bomberman in the intro to Bomberman Online, and Bomberman in the Master Mode of Saturn Bomberman. There are Saturn Bomberman figures, but I actually don't believe that this figure belongs to that set. It certainly has nothing to do with Bomberman Wars/World, which don't have sets. It's likely just a generic sports figure. It makes me wonder which came first, though, in terms of design (even the writing on his gi is the same as in those games)...

* Metal Bomber. He's part of a World Bombers set. It only includes the characters featured in Super Bomberman 3. Rui and Professor Bagura are also a part of that set.

* Now this is interesting. This appears to be God Bomber, from the cancelled Virtual Boy game. You know, the one from which Bomberman World drew its inspiration? He's missing his cape, but I didn't care much at the time, as he was cheap and I was purchasing other figures with him. I mostly just have him so I could look at him more closesly. It's totally God Bomber, guys. What in the world? My best guess is that he's a part of the Panic Bomber (VB) set, which includes those four monster guys from the game. I'm not sure why. Maybe they had already made a figure for him when the game was cancelled? Maybe the intent was promotional? Who knows?

* All five of the Fiendish Bombers. These are distinctly Super Bomberman 2 figures. You can tell by the way Pretty Bomber's face looks. Brain Bomber is the only one who has an attachment. The figure I have was supposed to have his cape, but after I ordered it, it turned out that the seller had rushed and used an old image from an earlier figure they'd sold. I got an extra figure out of that mix-up. I suppose I'll have to buy another Brain Bomber at some point...

* Professor Bagura. You can see him lurking in the back. He's missing his cape. He's a part of the Super Bomberman 3 set that involves Rui and the World Bombers.

* Great Bomber and Jet Bomber. As I've stated before, it seems as though Great Bomber and the Shitennou all have attachments. If you're buying them, make sure they have them.

* Dragon Bomber. I got him as a freebie, as I mentioned earlier. He's missing his tail. I don't believe I've ever seen a Dragon Bomber that still had his tail attachment. There are figures for all five of the Master Bombers from the Master Mode of Saturn Bomberman. Strangely, Dragon Bomber appears to be the most common on eBay.

* Monster Bomber and Mummy Bomber. There are figures for all four of these guys from the Virtual Boy edition of Panic Bomber. Bompire is the only one who has an attachment (his cape).

In total, I guess I have 18 keshi.

* These aren't keshi, but in the back, you can see I have some other stuff. A close friend bought these for me, maybe earlier in the year or last year, for a birthday or something. I don't know.

The two in the front are B-Da Armours. The blue one is called "Aqua Bomber Bomber" (yes it's "Bomber" twice) and seems to be from a set called "Bakugaiden III". I don't know much about B-Daman figures. The pilot is Mizuirobon, or "Aqua (Coloured) Bomber", not to be confused with the Wars/World villain.

The red one is called 鉄白虎, or "Iron White Tiger". It appears to be from a set simply entitled "B-Daman Bakugaiden". The pilot is ティーゲル, or "Tigeru", who appears to be a villain of some sort. I really don't know, sorry!

The one in the back is the same model of the "B-Da Target Practice Game" that BombermanBoard user DragonBomber owns.

Since this post is already pretty long, I'll list out all the sets of Bomberman keshi, as far as I have been made aware:

* Sports Bombermen: Just generic Bombermen dressed up for sports.

* Fantasy Bombermen: Don't get confused, they have nothing to do with Bomberman Wars and likely were released years before that game. They're just generic Bombermen dressed up with wands and shields and stuff.

* Super Bomberman 2: The 5 Fiendish Bombers, as seen above.

* Super Bomberman 3: There are two sets, actually:
*** The 5 Fiendish Bombers and Bomberman. These are all translucent figures, which is the most immediate way of distinguishing them - all other figures that I've seen are opaque. The Fiendish Bombers are all holding bombs (at least the three I've seen), while Bomberman is pointing and winking.
*** The World Bombers: They're only the World Bombers from Super Bomberman 3. This set includes Professor Bagura, Rui, Bomberman giving two victory signs, and yet another freaking Pretty Bomber. Seriously, you can have three distinctly different Pretty Bombers on your shelf... She's waving one hand in this version.

* Super Bomberman 4: Great Bomber and the Bomber Shitennou, Bomberman with a Mechanical Egg, Bomberman riding a Dogun Jr., Bomberman lifting another Bomberman, Bomberman riding an Angora, and Bomberman pushing another Bomberman. You can see painted versions of all of these figures in the Super Bomberman 4 Hudson Official Guidebook, which you can find on Ragey's website.

* Panic Bomber (Virtual Boy): Wolf Bomber, Monster Bomber, Mummy Bomber, Bompire, and God Bomber. I'm lumping God Bomber together with these guys because he fits nowhere else, and unless he was given out at events, he had to be lumped with some set or another in a gachapon machine.

* Saturn Bomberman: The 5 Master Bombermen.

* Indy Bomber, from Bomberman GB 2. Surely he must fit into some group, but I don't know which. Don't mistake him for Bomber Kid; this one is smiling and giving a thumbs up, and he has the satchel that Indy Bomber has.

* Super Bomberman 5: Now this is weird. From what I've seen, it appears to be the 8 Fiendish Bombers from the game. I'm not sure if there is a Terorin figure as I've only seen a few of them, and thus have extrapolated the other Bombers to exist. What's weird about them is that I've only ever seen them once - on an eBay auction - and they're half the size of the rest of the Bomberman figures. I'm not sure why that is.

If anybody has any more questions, I'd gladly answer them to the best of my ability.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#13  Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, cool! Thank you for the quick and informative reply. I like this passion your showing here. It sounds like there was a good amount of research involved. There's so many different sets.

They all look pretty neat. Thanks again for sharing.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1970s
Index - Back to Top