Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Fiendish Bombers
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I developed this game in Game Maker 8. I believe that it was version 8. If I were to continue it, I'd prefer to port the code, so to speak, into Java. That way it would be easier to continue the project (in my personal opinion) and also offer cross-platform independence. Well, I guess that new versions of Game Maker can make games that are playable on operating systems other than Windows, but I prefer the flexibility of Java.

Maybe it's silly, and I hope that you don't take offense, but I'd rather let this project rest than to pass it on to anybody else. I guess that I get a little personal about projects that I initiate, as opposed to projects for which people recruit me. I had a lot of things planned out for this game.

Erm... well...

I suppose that I could return to this as a side project, and maybe work on it a little each month, or something. It would take time to complete, but at least it would be finished. I'm currently in the midst of trying to get one of my mobile games working (ran into trouble with the new version of iOS), and I have another project already underway. I'm also supposed to be helping a good friend with his own game, though I'm having difficulties with some cinematic graphics, eheheh. But, there is a lot of code already in the game to work off of, so it's not like starting from scratch, per se...

There are a few things that I'm unsure of, though, and will have to rethink. Sometimes, I still think about this game when I'm walking around or driving or something. I've reconsidered some gameplay mechanics and stuff, like one of the character's special ability and the third world's boss (I thought I'd dropped this project, so I'm repurposing my original concept for an original game of my own), eheh. I'll tell you what, though. If I can get the demo running with Java, and fix up the problems addressed earlier, maybe I'll upload a new copy, and then maybe release a new version every time a world or two is completed, I don't know. The full game would have had, well, at least eight worlds, all of which were basically conceptualized, I will say that much. They would have increased in complexity; later worlds would have required the player to switch between all five characters in a coordinated effort to solve puzzles and clear each stage.

I do still care about this project. I want people to appreciate the true potential of Bomberman. Even the one-off games like Pocket Bomberman could have been so much more if given a little attention. 'Twould seem the mantle rests on the shoulders of the audience now, which is why I'd consider returning to this.

Expect nothing from me, though, because I am full of disappointments, heh.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1225s
Index - Back to Top