Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#89  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
That would be pretty darn amazing! :D Currently the game displays all the players as 32x32 frames from chosen character sheet. It looks like this:
[image]
I will be adding the crouching pose later into the last column.
+ HUD icons are loaded from a separate graphic set, 3 16x16 icons (normal, eliminated and happy, latter currently unused but likely will be at a later date).
If there is an absolute need, I can expand the size of frames to 40x40 or so for chosen characters.

Awesome. :cool: 

The 32x32 size is perfect; my Golem Bomber fits exactly in the frame, vertically that is. Anything too much larger would just start to get ridiculous anyway.

I'll just put the HUD icons in one separate file. I'll send you a PM with links when they're all done. Already working on Magnet Bomber.

Out of curiousity, are the idle animations (lowest row) being used for something other than idling? Just asking since I didn't notice them in the game.

Jaklub wrote:
Also, I see you have graphic issues, try setting the "Rendering" option to 320x224, it should take care of that.

Ah yeah, the screen tearing. Yeah, switching the setting fixed it. Thanks.

Someone once put together a set of three small scripts that are called by one object on launch to correct that problem in Game Maker. It works in 8.0 (I used it in my Fiendish Bombers demo). Not sure what's different with 8.1. A quick search didn't turn up the exact version that I used, and I don't know if it's older or newer than the following version, but it's made by the same guy (Chevy Ray), I think, and it looks alright from a glance. Check it out if you're interested:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3142.msg86809#msg86809

(My only concern on the issue is whether there are extra things that need to be tweaked in the scripts for the newer versions of Game Maker; can't remember.)

Jaklub wrote:
The Score Mode areas are randomized from a pool of 56 levels

Oh, now that's cool.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0874s
Index - Back to Top