Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#86  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can make sprite sheets of the 5 Bad Bombers, Professor Bagura, and, why not, Mujoe as well. I already experimented with the Saturn Bomberman style and made a bunch of frontal sprites of characters a few years ago, and these guys are fairly simple. All I need is a base sprite sheet and information on character sizes (Golem, Bagura, and Mujoe are larger so I need to know how restrictive your game is or is not regarding sprite sheets).

I honestly haven't played the game a whole lot, but there are a few things that I just noticed:

This is a rather insignificant thing, but the Revenge Carts from Saturn Bomberman have two states - full and empty. The sprites on the upper part of my sheet are displayed when the player is capable of throwing a bomb, and the sprites on the lower part are displayed when the player's one and only bomb is on field and he/she cannot throw another. Not sure if you noticed this or just decided not to implement it.

Also, regarding bomb explosions - I'm not sure how you're programmatically spawning explosions, but when an explosion from one bomb detonates another bomb, the explosion generated by the second bomb shouldn't have an "arm" of fire extending through the "arm" of the first bomb.

Hm, I'm not sure how clear that is... Okay, I assume that you're spawning one "middle explosion" object, which then procedurally places the correct number of "arm explosion" objects on each of its four sides, depending on its Fire level and the available space. Basically, if, say, an upward-facing arm of an explosion hits a bomb from the south and detonates it, then the newly detonated bomb should just completely skip the part of its procedure that generates its southward-extending arm of fire.

An example can be seen here. My bomb was the leftmost one, and it was hit by an explosion from the right. It generated an arm of fire to the right, passing over all of those other explosions.

http://i59.tinypic.com/351flmu.jpg

The problem isn't only aesthetic. It is also is a little confusing and prevents the tactic of blocking a stronger bomb's blast by placing a weaker bomb in its path.

Also, in the Score Mode, I got stuck on the fifth level, I think... I wasn't able to launch myself over the barrier using the seesaw because there was a Soft Block in my way, so I just bounced and wrapped around the stage.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0723s
Index - Back to Top