Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is literally my dream PC Bomberman clone. All it needs left is a number of features from other bomberman games that allow more complex game setups and I will consider it the best bomberman game ever. Examples of that are being able to give each individual player powerups before starting the match and being able to set each individual AI its own difficulty level. Also, I'd really appreciate it if you added a clone of Robobomber stage from Bomberman party edition to the game. It's a stage where all the soft blocks are layed out in a checkered pattern and there is a large robot walking around the stage. If it stomps on you, you get stunned. It's feet can block your way. The real danger though is when it is blocking your way and it's large head torso is blocking your view while you are under it. I think the robot it self might be hard to implement though. :/
Also, I suggest changing bomb stop (kick stop) to a separate button, having 4 none directional buttons in total. All in all great work. hopefully this project grows into something much bigger.

EDIT: More feedback: there are seams in tiles that I'm sure you've already noticed, stun time is too short, make it so that the gauntlet's (the bomb throwing glove) default behavior is to throw right beside the opponent if the oppenent is not beyond the max throw distance (similar toi in other games). Also, a suggestion that you may or may not like to implement; make it so that if you are on the revenge bombercart, you can hold the bomb button for a max of 3.8 seconds to throw the bomb to a max distance of 6 squares. Distance depends on how long you've held the button. Lastly, bomb stop behavior is sort of erratic and sometimes the bomb does not stop at the tile it is nearest to.
EDIT2: Huh, didn't notice that you can adjust the strength of the bombercart throw. There is no way to tell how strong it will be after sdjusting it thoughm which is quite annoying.
EDIT3: I know exactly how the bombercart throw strength works now. :P I still preffer the other system though.
LASTEDITIPROMISE: Have super danger bombs already been implemented? In other games, you are allowed to pick whether or not they are made. They are made from kick 2 jelly bombs at each other. When they collide, they act like the danger bombs from other bombermans (grid explosion). The strength will depend on the strongest bomb that collides but there is a certain limit to the strength (max a quarter of the whole screen).
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1648s
Index - Back to Top