Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Fiendish Bombers
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that you liked it. :happy: 

We felt that Pocket Bomberman was another one of those cases in which Hudson developed a good game concept and then declined to further innovate it, and so many people want to develop Battle Mode clones when the various Normal Modes of the Bomberman franchise have been waiting for change for such a long time.

Ragey wrote:
the save file doesn't seem to record any progress beyond stage 2

That's odd. Did you extract the game before playing it? I'm not sure what could have otherwise caused that problem... Hrmmm...

Ragey wrote:
My big gripe with the demo, however, is that it all felt rather sluggish. And I think that mostly boils down to the bombs and soft blocks. Bombs seemed to take a long time to detonate, and most of the soft blocks are piled into huge lumps, so it felt like an ordeal blasting through them in hopes of finding an item or an exit.

Ah yeah. I recall Duke Serkol having complained about an obsessive urge to blast through all of the filler Soft Blocks. I hadn't considered making the bombs explode more quickly. That might help to alleviate the problem, though there's probably some other additional way of dealing with those extraneous chunks of Soft Blocks. Perhaps more diverse tiles to fill up some of that space instead, like some larger Hard Blocks?

Ragey wrote:
Losing all your power-ups after every stage... I can see the potential in that, having to find Bomb Ups before you can cross a large gap, for instance, but it got really tiresome upon facing the Ballom boss.

One of the issues is that it would become more of a puzzle game after the first world, and the player would pick which characters to place into the stage before beginning. With regards to your last comment, though:

Spoiler:
You only need one Bomb and one Fire to defeat the Mecha Ballom, since its weak point is its underside; usually, I just run through the preceding room, avoiding enemies, as quickly as possible. The strategy is to place each bomb so that the boss lands on top of them. The stages of later, more traditional bosses would have included more easily-obtainable items en route to their chambers.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1182s
Index - Back to Top