Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Fiendish Bombers
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just played this up to the robo-Ballom boss (and intended to beat it later, but the save file doesn't seem to record any progress beyond stage 2).
Seeing a Bomberman fangame that isn't another hopeful multi-player client is great on its own, but hearing it's an attempt to expand on Pocket Bomberman is pretty great! That game had real potential, I feel, so kudos for giving it another shot.

And the game is quite nicely done! The levels are nice and expansive, the graphics are slick (the enemies are adorable, especially Pass), and the engine works great. The demo only has the core elements down, but you make the most out of them.

My big gripe with the demo, however, is that it all felt rather sluggish. And I think that mostly boils down to the bombs and soft blocks. Bombs seemed to take a long time to detonate, and most of the soft blocks are piled into huge lumps, so it felt like an ordeal blasting through them in hopes of finding an item or an exit. Pocket Bomberman actually spread out its soft blocks a lot, using them only to hide items or block passages, rather than fill up empty parts of the map. They only appeared lumped together in stages with the Penetration Bomb.
Losing all your power-ups after every stage... I can see the potential in that, having to find Bomb Ups before you can cross a large gap, for instance, but it got really tiresome upon facing the Ballom boss.

That being said, I enjoyed what I played, and the demo has some real potential should it be picked up again. I'd love to see more stuff like this!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1341s
Index - Back to Top