BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Smash Bros. (The New One)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
If you use Brawl and what we know of the new Smash Bros so far as a reference, then the only non-Nintendo characters that got added to Smash Bros were very popular well known ones. So let alone popular, the Bomberman franchise is pretty much dead at this point while Konami owns it.

So unless Nintendo were to buy the rights to the Bomberman franchise off of Konami, I doubt that Bomberman will ever be added to any Super Smash Bros games unfortunately. Regardless of how good of a character he would make in the game, since I'm sure a lot of other game characters would also make a good addition to the mix.

If by some unlikely chance Bomberman was to actually be added to the game, that would probably spark peoples interest including those outside of Japan and lead to a revival for the franchise. However considering Konami has done pretty much nothing with the franchise besides canceling games that were almost done before they obtained it and didn't let the teams finish, I highly doubt that they care or would be willing to go out of their way to do this, let alone give it any kind of budget.

So simply put, I'd say that there's no chance for Bomberman to be added to the lineup of Super Smash Bros characters at this point.

Though in regards to the actual game, the new characters selection seems pretty good so far. Also I read that the speed of the game is supposed to be slower than Melee but faster than Brawl, which I think sounds like a nice speed to use for the gameplay.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1612s
Index - Back to Top