BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: The Alien Wars
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Chapter 4: An assault across the Pacific Ocean

DISCLAIMER: Final Fantasy (c) Square-Enix

After killing Blaze Bomber and Robo-Corpse, as well as shutting down the robot factory, Bill and Lance returned to their helicopter. They spoke with their mentor, General Rupert, about Red Falcon's whereabouts. The moment he saw their injuries from his communicator, he became concerned about their status.

"Is there a highly-trained White Wizard with you?" asked Rupert. Lance had no clue what the general was on about, let alone who or what a White Wizard was, but Rupert explained anyway, "It's a promoted class of the White Mage. I'm sure that he's with you at the moment...good, he's here. Now, he should be able to heal you guys while you're onboard to Japan."

"Yes, sir," acknowledged Bill, as he hung up. "Bill and Lance out." From there, he and Lance turned their attention towards the helicopter pilot, who was indeed a White Wizard. They told him about the blast they took during the fight against Robo-Corpse back at the robot factory.

Mervin, the White Wizard, examined the injuries. "Hmmm…You don't seem injured too bad, but I will do it just in case. Cura!" His White Magic spell cured Bill and Lance's injuries, thus earning him gratitude from them. "I'm glad you're all better. Now we must head off to Japan before it's too late! Oh, and just so you know, I'm the pilot of this helicopter."

"Oh, okay." said Lance. "I didn't notice that…I thought White Wizards had to wear white robes..."

Mervin replied, "Not all of them have to, as long as we know white magic."

--------------------

Five hours later, Bill and Lance were in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, when suddenly, there were fleets of battleships. All of them were armed with anti-air missiles. Mervin warned them that if the battleships aren't stopped, their flight to Japan will literally go up in smoke. The Contra guys immediately got off the helicopter, and held onto two missiles like monkey bars, before they were launched off. During the now-unaided flight, Lance spotted – and counted – six battleships, with the big one up front being the leader. Afterwards, the Contra guys got off the missiles just as they reached one of the battleships. The missiles hit the engine room, destroying almost the whole ship.

"We gotta use those torpedoes over there as boats before this ship goes up in flames!" shouted Bill, as he and Lance took the torpedoes to use as watercrafts. "Okay, now we gotta blow up those other battleships, and get on to the big one!"

Up ahead, Lance glanced above himself. "Bill, I see the power-up pods up ahead!" The Contra guys got both their desired weapons – the Crash Missiles, and Laser Beam. They then went after the other battleships, and – while dodging incoming fire – shot at the red core on both sides of each ship. The red cores were the source of each battleship's power. One by one, they destroyed the cores and sank the battleships, and after that, they reached the big ship itself. Unfortunately, there weren't any easy-to-spot red cores on both sides this time, so they had to destroy it from the inside.

"Looks like we're coming aboard this huge battleship..." said Bill.

Lance nodded. "I agree."

They both jumped off the torpedoes, leaving them to explode upon contact, leaving just a tiny dent on the ship. After that, the twosome climbed onto the ship, but not without triggering the blaring alarm. "Intruders!" shouted the ship's commander. "Prepare to bow before Axe Bomber, the Heavy-Duty Chopper of the Hate Bombers! Get 'em, boys!"

"We'll see about that!" Lance smirked.

The robot soldiers, after having replied to Axe Bomber's command, went into attack mode, while the others manned the guns. Bill and Lance fought off the soldiers, while avoiding bullets and missiles coming from the manned turrets. The fight was fierce, but a few minutes later, the Contra guys were able to destroy all turrets and robot soldiers aboard Axe Bomber's ship without getting hit once. Axe Bomber emerged from his command post, and jumped down in front of Bill and Lance. He was over six feet tall, his armor being large and brown. Unlike Arctic Bomber and Blaze Bomber, he had a reddish-orange Cyclops-like bionic eye. He had axes for hands, and clanged them against each other before speaking.

--------------------

"I'm surprised that you even made it alive!" said Axe Bomber. "So, are you Bill and Lance?"

"Yup." nodded Bill, as he lit his cigar with a lighter, and blew a little smoke out. Lance, however, was a little concerned about this.

"Um...Bill? You might wanna stop smoking. The research says it's not good for you."

"I know, Lance. I mean, just because I smoke sometimes doesn't mean I'm an addict..." Bill paused for a moment, but eventually gave in. "but you're right. Smoking is bad for your health." He spat out his cigar afterwards, while Axe Bomber grew impatient.

"Are you two finished speaking? I don't have all day to kill you, so you better prepare yourselves! Chop, chop, down your heads go!"

"We're not letting some homicidal maniac like you behead us!" shouted Lance, as the fight against Axe Bomber began! Will he and Bill be able to win this fight, since this Hate Bomber had axes for hands? Easier said than done, but it's possible - granted they play their cards right...

Axe Bomber, readying his axe hands, gloated to the pair, "Say hello to my axes: Mr. Slice and Chop Jr.!" He detached and threw them around like boomerangs in an effort to kill Bill and Lance. However, they cut it so close by crouching downwards, leaving the axes to miss the target and return to Axe Bomber. "Ready for round two?" he laughed evilly.

"Hell no!" replied Lance, as he shot the heavily-armored Hate Bomber with his Laser Beam. Unfortunately, though, it did not even faze him one bit.

"Heh heh...that won't do you any good!" taunted Axe Bomber.

"Damn! I'm not doing any damage…"

Bill thought for a second, and said, "He's gotta have a weakness…everything does!"

"Heads up, losers, cuz here they come! Chop, chop-chop-chop!" Axe Bomber threw his axe-like hands off in a boomerang fashion again. When the Contra guys dodged the attack again, the axes slightly tore off a few locks of their hair. Bill then shot at Axe Bomber's left arm to inflict damage, if not a lot.

"Lance, I think I've got it!" said Bill. "While he's attacking, he's vulnerable to damage!"

The axe hands returned to Axe Bomber. "So, you figured out my weakness, eh? Well, it's not the main one! On the other hand, get a load of this!" The ends of his axe hands opened up, and he continued, "Did you know that I can use my axe hands as gatling guns? Here's a little demonstration that'll really make you wet your pants!"

The homicidal Hate Bomber shot out plasma bullets around like crazy, putting a hurt on Bill and Lance…and taking away their power-ups in the process. However, he was too busy gloating about how fun it was to swat anyone smaller than himself, he did not see his axe hands overheating. The moment he saw smoke coming out, he winced at the pain. "Ow! My axe hands! It's the overheat!" While Axe Bomber ran around to cool himself off, Bill and Lance shot at his face just nearby his Cyclops eye, inflicting damage. His axe hands cooled off after he was damaged.

"You two think you're so smart, huh? I'll chop off your heads so you won't be killing anymore of Lord Red Falcon's alien brethren!"

"Not this time!" Bill retorted, as he caught the small handle for the thrown axe very carefully. Axe Bomber gasped at the sight, whereas Bill gave out an Amazon yell upon bringing the axe hand down on his armor, leaving a big slash on his chest. "Now we've exploited your real weakness, Axe Bomber! You lose!"

"AARRGHH!" screamed Axe Bomber. "My armor! You wrecked it!" His other axe came back to him, but since he was still wincing at the pain, it chopped half his left arm off. He cried out once more, "NOOO! You two will regret this! I'll be back!" He picked up the axe that chopped half his left arm off, and reattached it to his right arm before escaping in an escape pod.

"He's getting away!" shouted Lance.

Bill shook his head no. "Too late now, but we'll get him later. We need to blow up his battleship from the inside!"

--------------------

Bill and Lance got inside the battleship, and destroyed the unmanned turret drones before reaching the core. On their way, they picked up a couple weapons to help out. Bill got the Homing Missiles, while Lance picked up a Spread Gun. When they reached the core, it was surrounded by a force field, powered by three generators. The Contra guys blew up the generators, and destroyed the core. Upon its detonation, they only had 30 seconds to escape before the battleship went up in a huge ball of fire. They got out of the ship, and Mervin came to their rescue. They then escaped in the helicopter, and zoomed out just before the battleship exploded.

"Thanks, Mervin. We owe you one." said Lance gratefully.

Mervin smiled. "No problem, you two. It was the least I could do, after you took down their anti-air defenses."

Bill pondered over the fight he and Lance had earlier. "Axe Bomber, one of the Hate Bombers, was in charge of this fleet. We fought with him, but he got away. The question is, where's he headed?"

Lance suggested, "I have a hunch that he's headed for Japan, since Red Falcon already chose it as his next target…"

While they tended to each other's injuries, Mervin wasted no time flying the helicopter towards Japan. As soon as they arrived, there was no turning back.

TO BE CONTINUED…

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra

Last edited by WarioMan3K on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Fan Fiction All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1537s
Index - Back to Top