Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Handheld Gaming Recommendations
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you like Strategy games and Tactical RPGs then I have some recs for ya. Other then that I don't play my GBA all that much.

Advance Wars - Turn based modern warfare themed strategy game. Graphics are a semi anime style for the characters and the units themselves like kinda chibi. There's all sorts of neat units to command and special abilities the officers you play as have to spice things up. The game can also be very challenging.

Fire Emblem Series - I adore this series. They are tactical RPGs a la shining force. You level up your units and promote them to stronger types. I've beaten the 2 US GBA titles multiple times each. Good story, likeable characters. Can start off challenging but if you do well it gets easier as you progress. It is quite satisfying to see the units you've worked hard leveling up kicking enemies ass's later in the game. The 2nd game Sacred Stones, while also quite good is rather easy in comparison to the first Fire Emblem. The stories between those two are unrelated so you can play either one.

Yggdra Union - A bit of an oddball strategy game. There's a bit of a learning curve at the beginning to understand how unit placement works and making your attacks successful, but once you've learned how it works it's a rather simplistic battle system. Awesome soundtrack and humorous attack sequences make it worth a look.

Sigma Star Saga - Another oddball game but rather good. Combines Sh'mup and RPG elements. You explore dungeons searching for upgrades for your ship like different bullet types etc. You'll get summoned into random battles during dungeon sequences where you're transported into a ship and then you play the game like a shooter until all the enemies have been defeated. It sounds weird but its actually pretty cool. I only beat my copy recently though i've owned it since it came out. lol.

That's what I've got for you. Feel free to check em out on youtube, wiki or whatever and pass your own judgement.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1228s
Index - Back to Top