BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#140  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
This hasn't been updated in a while, so I guess I'll do the honors.

What I'm currently playing:

Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution: I figured I'd give this one another go, since my bro and I have been in the mood for Phantasy Star lately. It should be noted that the only reason I didn't beat it and why it's taken me so long to play thi again is because I lost my save data for this game a long while back so I had to start from square 1 all over again. Anyway, it's different from the other games, since this is a turn-based card/strategy game, but it's still pretty good.

Kirby's Dream Collection: A compilation on the Wii featuring several of Kirby's most notable titles up until the N64 era. This compliation includes, in order of oldest to newest: Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Adventure, Dream Land 2, Super Star, Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I mostly got this compilation to play the second and third Dream Land titles, since I don't have them and have never played them. It also includes some new Challenges stages based on Kirby's Return to Dream Land and a timeline detailing some of the history of Kirby. Kinda neat for any Kirby fan.

Battle Hunter: A low budget PS1 game that's kinda fun. Because I'm lazy, I'm just going to copy/paste my review from my Backloggery page. "A competitive multiplayer game with some RPG elements. You enter these randomly generated dungeons against 3 other players as you race and fight monsters and the other players to find a specific item, then get out. There's also a story to follow if you're playing solo. Despite clearly being a low-budget game, it's actually kind of fun. The CPUs can be absolute jackasses (or dumbasses) though. Music's pretty catchy, too! I think it's worth paying up to 10 bucks for if you can find it."

Phantasy Star Portable 2: Still play this with the bro pretty often. It's basically an enhanced version of Universe put onto the PSP with a new story and cast. Not much else to say here.

Devil May Cry HD Collection: I got this compilation on PS3. I mostly got it for DMC1, since I wanted to replay it but couldn't thanks to the atrocious controls on the American release of the original PS2 game. Thankfully, it's based on the Japanese version, which uses similar controls as the other games. I suppose these would look pretty good on a HDTV, but I don't have one yet so I can't say.

Shinobi (PS2 game): An action game somewhat based on the original Sega franchise. It's an action game kinda like DMC, but it's pretty difficult, often frustratingly so. I haven't played it in a while because it's been pissing me off lately, so I decided to take a break for a while.

Games I'm looking forward to:

There isn't much, but here's a list that I'm most definitely looking forward to:

Phhantasy Star Online 2: I've brought this up several times already, so I won't go into much detail again.

Resident Evil 6: This game looks great and I'd love to get my hands on it, whenever that may be.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: I'm still looking forward to this, since it's being worked on by Platinum Games and Konami. Should be awesome, if not just a tad over the top.

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm: I love StarCraft 2, so I'm obviously looking forward to the expansion pack. Not much else to say here.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land: Still want this game really badly, even though I'll most likely be playing it solo.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1381s
Index - Back to Top